Thread: Practical issue regarding Boosterpack

Practical issue regarding Boosterpack

It is a simple question and belive me I have tried to look for the answer other places before I post this. Though I might not have looked good enough.. Anyways..

The boosterpack will contain the Ao client and the Bosterpack. right? Will this be on seperate CD's or in one CD, so that upon install, you will install over the "old" Ao client and have a new one with Boosterpack improvments or in seperate CD's so that one can just install the booster pack?

Anyone?
    Elements of Destruction

[Virre lvl 164 Enf ] [Virrefix lvl 50 Fixer] - Part Time Hobby -

[Current Config]

Your answers were split as follows:
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Achiever 33%

We Will Miss You Wrangeline

Good question. Well, they said that the booster pack has updates that are too big to download. They apparently believe that the client itself isn't too big to download, since its available via download. The client is something like 680MB. So the booster must be 680MB+ by itself, if their statements are to be taken at face value.

So obviously I'm being facetious, but since the client is 680MB, that only leaves about 20MB left on a CD. There is no way the booster fits in 20MB, unless its a total joke (which I guess is possible).

So I would assume that the booster is a second cd. However, since nobody answered your question it makes me wonder. Perhaps they're hiding something. They might be including the client to effectively fill a cd to make it appear that the booster has some sustenence to it.

Re: Practical issue regarding Boosterpack

Originally posted by Whiteeagle
    The boosterpack will contain the Ao client and the Bosterpack. right? Will this be on seperate CD's or in one CD, so that upon install, you will install over the "old" Ao client and have a new one with Boosterpack improvments or in seperate CD's so that one can just install the booster pack?
    What's the difference? Either way you wind up with the newest client version + booster, unless FC was stupid enough to program the installer to over-write newer files.

And even FC's programmers can't make that kind of mistake.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

i dont think FC wants to tell everyone that the booster back is a 20mb download roflmao

well the way I read this issue on the news post about the booster is that the booster pack will come with the full version of AO, and a key code for it.. for the free month and another disc that is the upgrade.. with a key code for it..

I felt like it was implied that their were two cd's in this instance..

but hey I have been wrong before and I am actually a man in real life.. so I am used to being wrong.. at 41 years old.. you finally undertand that you are always wrong.. well according to the wife.. hehehe do I seem trained?
    Bashix-Fixer
    Basheen-Crat
    Pancreel-Trader
    Thannus-Meta Physicist

The Reformists, RK2

Reform must take place.. or Omni will control our complete existence.

Well, if the "Improved Graphics" are included in the Booster, it's possible that the installer just overwrites all the old ones it finds. Done correctly, it's possible that that could increase the effective "available space" on the CD significantly. So it COULD all fit on one CD. Maybe.

Lightbulb

i think its safe to say the booster will contain 2 CD's, as mentioned above this will allow you to give ( nice bit of free promos for FC ) the client + key away to anyone you know that might want it.

Are we going to see a sizable patch before the booster is launched? Or are ppl w/o the booster simply not going to be able to see ppl in their new yalms etc?

I'm reasonably sure that 14.6 will be launched before the booster-pack. It, like 14.5, contains key features that will be 'activated' when the booster-pack is installed.

Could be several of the items that are in the database but haven't been found yet, among other things.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!