Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: General questions about new nanos...

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    And can we expect your answer to original topic?
    Can we get your, big bad boss of FC' vision of professions and nano-casting requirements of new nanos for NTs, crats, shades, fixers, engineers.
    qft...
    Engineers are supposed to go full tradeskill/nanoskill setup? What for? To enhance their team with blockers and use that remodulator that doesn't do damage, but helps their side kill evaders?
    Well, afair, the remodulator proc was 100% 'on hit'...i wonder how an engi in full arith gonna hit any1, especially evade profs with that lmao.
    Are MAs/Advs/Fixers supposed to run with nanoskills gear all over them? I've got feeling that they are more of evade class and defensive attunement suits them better... I prolly mistaken, obviously...
    Ofcourse you <obviously> are...U still didnt notice that you pay the devs so they can once in a while change <their> ideas about how profs should b utilized w/o tellin us anything.
    Please, share it with us. If I need to be rude to get your answer - say so and I will.
    You kinda get my idea...i didnt see an anwser earlier, went evil, and looks like i did get anwsered...even tho not the question i asked but still a good beginning.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Silirrion, since there's obviously a 'thought' behind it all.

Mind explain 'your' vision on what engineers are suppose to do...you probably reply that you don't like to be called out to avoid answering the question but worth the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Other profs can temp equip the hud/util item, cast the buffs and then re-equip combat gear.
    Ur kidding right? Maybe i didnt sense the sarcasm? Or maybe u kinda somehow accidently didnt notice how MOST nanos being usefull ONLY in combat are castable ONLY with arith on, phusomething in ur hands AND cm AND wrangle???
    Moreover i dont really think YOU as a doc can complain on your nanos as you didnt get useless combat-aimed <uncastable w/o nerfing yourself> cr*p nano just like i.e ma team heals...
    Ill cite kuznechik here:
    Well, heals are supposed to be casted in thick combat, so with 1843 reqs I guess MAs can ask mobs nicely to wait till MA swap to full arith to cast team heal and run to Borealis to get trader buff.
    Another notion I'm finding very likely is the relation between nano/combat professions atm. There are plenty of weapons that no nano prof can ever equip or utilize if you aren't making a crap load of sacrifices - why should it be any different the other way around? Should combat profs get to cast all their nanos in the best combat gear? Some doctors give up the 220 heal in order to do more dmg, that's their choice.
    Oh PLEASE!!!
    To cast my new team heal i have to give up ALL cc/cm (HUGE dd/ar nerf) get nano attunement thingy (as nerf) and get ai30(huge time sink) or simply resign on Xyun/CoLI (huge nerf agin)... HOW can you compare THAT to <oh my, i sacrificed BI to b able to do more dd>????.....
    lol dude think and get a clue about things you post BEFORE you actually press <Submit Reply>
    Last edited by Koizumi; Nov 20th, 2007 at 13:11:43.

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromachina View Post
    Silirrion, since there's obviously a 'thought' behind it all.

Mind explain 'your' vision on what engineers are suppose to do...you probably reply that you don't like to be called out to avoid answering the question but worth the shot.
    Note how this turned into (another) engi thread.

A bit more on topic, I pasted this from the Auno comments on Bodily Invigorations, which is the 220 doctor SL heal to those who wouldn't know:

Code:
    Sdans @ 2004-01-27 18:20
    Holy CRAP! Look at those requirements...*cries*

Saxon1 @ 2004-02-06 06:57
    Whooa, thats insane. Only for nanomage docs O.O
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Oh PLEASE!!!
    To cast my new team heal i have to give up ALL cc/cm (HUGE dd/ar nerf) get nano attunement thingy (as nerf) and get ai30(huge time sink) or simply resign on Xyun/CoLI (huge nerf agin)... HOW can you compare THAT to <oh my, i sacrificed BI to b able to do more dd>????.....
    lol dude think and get a clue about things you post BEFORE you actually press <Submit Reply>
    Take your own advice, stop putting words in my mouth, and try read what my post says and not what you want it to say. You made that particular comparison, I didn't - I merely stated an example. Would you give up 200 AR to cast your new MA heal (supposed that's all you had to give up)? Using 218 heal instead of 220 is roughly similar to sacrificing 200 AR imo. Giving up on BI is not only the nano, but all the items that is used to cast the nano, and equipping weapon stat items instead. (yes, now it's a comparison).
    Last edited by Avari; Nov 20th, 2007 at 13:19:50.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

300 symbs used to be close to impossible to equip, now it's different. A game evolves, you aren't let in on the big plan, neither am I, but I'm guessing that these nanos will be very castable in the future.

These nanos do not seem intended to balance anything, but rather fix some old issues for some profs, and in order to give everyone an equal share they also get some new and maybe slightly useless ones. Take doctor for example, not exactly a profession that needs more heal power, but we get two team heals and an improved CH (which are all useless in PvP since BI is still better by far @ 220). We also get a slightly better B DoT which is cool, but you still have to give a hud/util spot to cast it in combat. Other profs can temp equip the hud/util item, cast the buffs and then re-equip combat gear. Yet another example that shows you that comparison will never be any "fair", but it might not be intended that it should be compared in the first place. Doctors have mentioned that it's ludicrous to call something healing 12k for a "complete heal" and that our team heals were outdated, hence we got some new nanos correcting this. It seems like FC is filling some of the odd gaps, and don't intend on balancing anything with these nanos. I noticed that both engi and doctor nanos were things taken from their concernlists, that's all I'm saying.

Another notion I'm finding very likely is the relation between nano/combat professions atm. There are plenty of weapons that no nano prof can ever equip or utilize if you aren't making a crap load of sacrifices - why should it be any different the other way around? Should combat profs get to cast all their nanos in the best combat gear? Some doctors give up the 220 heal in order to do more dmg, that's their choice.

People have gotten too used to easy mode imo - about time FC adds something that you can't use with existing equipments. I'd have to make changes in order to cast my new nanos too.
    Well, hello there,
    300 support brain;
    Disease AC 683
    Comp. Liter 137
    Quantum FT 137
    First Aid 137
    Intelligence 69
    Matter Crea 137
    Time&Space 137
    Matt.Metam 137
    Max Nano 547
    Bio Metamor 137
    NanoC. Init. 137
    Psychic 69
    Psycho Modi 137
    Sensory Impr 137
    Treatment 137
    Nano Resist 137
    Dimach 83
    Elec. Engi 83
    Nano Pool 83
    Sense 29
    Trap Disarm. 55
    Perception 55

My brain;
    Disease AC 660
    Comp. Liter 133
    Quantum FT 133
    First Aid 133
    Intelligence 67
    Matter Crea 133
    Time&Space 133
    Matt.Metam 133
    Max Nano 529
    Bio Metamor 133
    NanoC. Init. 133
    Psychic 67
    Psycho Modi 133
    Sensory Impr 133
    Treatment 133
    Nano Resist 133
    Dimach 80
    Elec. Engi 80
    Nano Pool 80
    Sense 28
    Trap Disarm. 53
    Perception 53

4 nanoskill difference

300 left arm;
    RangeInc. NF 15
    HealDelta 69
    Add All Def. 171
    Strength 41
    Radiation AC 411
    Break&Entry 83
    Bow 83
    Physic. Init 55
    % Add. Nano Cost -3
    Matt.Metam 55
    Chemical AC 273

my left arm;
    RangeInc. NF 14
    HealDelta 65
    Add All Def. 160
    Strength 39
    Radiation AC 383
    Break&Entry 77
    Bow 77
    Physic. Init 52
    % Add. Nano Cost -3
    Matt.Metam 52
    Chemical AC 255

3 nanoskill difference

As I posted before, in arith/db nanoskill armor and a pair of the lya glasses, I still need champ of nanocombat trained as well as the fixer NCU and a comm relay equiped just to think about self casting the new HoT without swapping my weapon which is damn well hard enough to equip already for most every fixer out there to self cast it. I have a 300 chest in, so there's nothing to argue there. And if you bring up docs needing 1500 MR to equip the Doc pistols or anything with shen sticks etc, roll a fixer, level it to 220 and try to get 1891 FA while self casting everything without needing any hotswap armor or anything like that to do so, it virtually won't happen.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

I actually agree entirely with Kuz's OP: a lot more thought could have gone into scaling the reqs realistically, and there's still time to do this before it hits live. Hopefully the devs are listening.
    A bit more on topic, I pasted this from the Auno comments on Bodily Invigorations, which is the 220 doctor SL heal to those who wouldn't know:

Code:

Try doing the calcs without AI perks, armor, comm relay/nano controller unit, LE research, hud items, etc. If a whole 2 expansions were coming out shortly after these new nanos I think people might be more understanding
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Code:

Next comment after your 2:
    Code:
    Beldaro @ 2004-02-19 18:22 
    8 hour mochams, 140 umbral and intboost:p

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    As I posted before, in arith/db nanoskill armor and a pair of the lya glasses, I still need champ of nanocombat trained as well as the fixer NCU and a comm relay equiped just to think about self casting the new HoT without swapping my weapon which is damn well hard enough to equip already for most every fixer out there to self cast it. I have a 300 chest in, so there's nothing to argue there. And if you bring up docs needing 1500 MR to equip the Doc pistols or anything with shen sticks etc, roll a fixer, level it to 220 and try to get 1891 FA while self casting everything without needing any hotswap armor or anything like that to do so, it virtually won't happen.
    My best answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari
    300 symbs used to be close to impossible to equip, now it's different. A game evolves, you aren't let in on the big plan, neither am I, but I'm guessing that these nanos will be very castable in the future.
    Plus, try compare how many weapon skills you get from your symbiants and then how many you get from support symbiants. Then compare it to the 7 skill difference in our nano skills, and tell me who's gotten the better deal on that particular subject. Notice I'm no complaining about this, it is at it should be.

I didn't say my answers worked all the ~50ish nanos implemented with this patch. I said there might be some general rule to them though. FC has themselves stated that these should be hard to cast, and that it is intended, so I don't get why people keep complaining about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I actually agree entirely with Kuz's OP: a lot more thought could have gone into scaling the reqs realistically, and there's still time to do this before it hits live. Hopefully the devs are listening.

Try doing the calcs without AI perks, armor, comm relay/nano controller unit, LE research, hud items, etc. If a whole 2 expansions were coming out shortly after these new nanos I think people might be more understanding
    Yet again the answer could be:

Quote Originally Posted by Avari
    A game evolves, you aren't let in on the big plan, neither am I, but I'm guessing that these nanos will be very castable in the future.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next comment after your 2:
    Code:
    Beldaro @ 2004-02-19 18:22 
    8 hour mochams, 140 umbral and intboost:p
    Same solution for you maybe? Yea right - you and I both know that's not the solution, which is why it wasn't the solution to casting the 220 heal back in the day. Relying on the presence of a mp and a trader at the same time is ludicrous no matter if it was three years ago in SL or today on BS.
    Last edited by Avari; Nov 20th, 2007 at 13:30:34.

220 isn't endgame anymore ai 30 and le 70 is a must for endgame

name me one of these new nanos that isn't castable with ql 300 symbs and nano skill huds(why didn't you scream when these nano skill huds came out, you doesn't need to be a seer to knew when they came out that they would be needed in the futur), there is no nano skill armor needed for all of these new nanos that are casted infight.

btw.. what most people don't keep in mind..
    is that we can probably self this easy in some months.

I bet many +nano skills items will be added in the future
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

My best answer:

Plus, try compare how many weapon skills you get from your symbiants and then how many you get from support symbiants. Then compare it to the 7 skill difference in our nano skills, and tell me who's gotten the better deal on that particular subject. Notice I'm no complaining about this, it is at it should be.

I use support symbiants for the brain/larm/ear. You can't get any more nanoskill oriented than that as far as a fixer is concerned, and MM is in the artillery chest. I'm still a load and a half short on MM for the short HoT requirements in normal combat gear. I'll barely make the reqs with the gear I mentioned above, including full research completed.

give it some love

harios they won't be happy if these nano skill items don't add although weapon and evade skills cause they don't want to have a choice between casting all nanos and haveing max ar they want one version of end equip in which everything is castable you have the maximum ar posible and the maxium of defs, so called "all in wonder".

NR1 NTs are pretty much standard nowadays
    Are NTs supposed to be NR1 as addition to their already top NR?
    Even thought I still had that silly tinge of hope, I knew it was coming... With someone a bit less obsessed with NTs, I would have started argue about most NTs going NR1 given as it's only a minority going that route, about the fact that NTs already have a compulsory item called cyberdeck and that we could have lived without another compulsory item that will nerf either our dmg by 4/5% or our AR by 75, but... I think I now know better than to try.
    Also given the general mood, I guess I'm not gonna point at the fact this new stuff will eventually get easier to cast with researches being done (not FC's fault if all sides decided to go health/medical first, is it?), new content appearing nearlly every 8 weeks, etc... Anyway...
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

i.e ma team heals...
    it's heal/sec is higher than SoR?
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    btw.. what most people don't keep in mind..
    is that we can probably self this easy in some months.

I bet many +nano skills items will be added in the future
    Unless FC gives me some way to pull several hundred nanoskills out of my ass in the next few months, there's no way myself or many of the other fixers will use anything but SWS11 and possibly the new frenzy here and there. We're tight on IP as it is, I'm already going into PR to be able to reset a prof defining ability(BnE) to rummage up the IP for PM/SI when the patch is released, though I won't IP into them until I know what exactly is going to come. I also don't have fling or multi range IPed and I don't have body dev maxed.

give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Ecelon View Post
    harios they won't be happy if these nano skill items don't add although weapon and evade skills cause they don't want to have a choice between casting all nanos and haveing max ar they want one version of end equip in which everything is castable you have the maximum ar posible and the maxium of defs, so called "all in wonder".
    So true..

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    Unless FC gives me some way to pull several hundred nanoskills out of my ass in the next few months, there's no way myself or many of the other fixers will use anything but SWS11 and possibly the new frenzy here and there. We're tight on IP as it is, I'm already going into PR to be able to reset a prof defining ability(BnE) to rummage up the IP for PM/SI when the patch is released, though I won't IP into them until I know what exactly is going to come. I also don't have fling or multi range IPed and I don't have body dev maxed.
    I feel your pain.. enforcers can cast the new nano's with reperking to CoNC + swapping 4-5 items.
    I have a tl5 fixer so I really cannot comment on the required nano skills.
    Most important is to create a thread (if it isnt there already) and discuss this.
    Give facts.. give your own setup.. and make a setup that would be fair and would make you able to cast the nano's.
    Give an idea what the sacrifice is you have to make.
    Then all you can do is hope that FC sees the same problem.
    You never know what is intended and what might have been ignored/overlooked.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

wtb Psycho Modi requirements lowered on MA nano. I can accept needing CM and trader even, or CM and maxed CoNC!! (well, its not pretty, but all profs are in the same boat..) But, having to invest A LOT of IP on a skill which is ohterwise useless, is really going overboard, and making it actually not possible for most MAs to use without a full IPR, and then gimping some other part of their toolset.

1243 in a dark blue skill which we otherwise have no use for!!! WTF?

Pls, make it 843 or so, or 943 if you are cruel.. so we can cast it wit a CM n stuff, like the other buffs. I mean, being in a team is one requirement.. but raising a new dark blue skill as well..?! >.<
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Same solution for you maybe? Yea right - you and I both know that's not the solution, which is why it wasn't the solution to casting the 220 heal back in the day. Relying on the presence of a mp and a trader at the same time is ludicrous no matter if it was three years ago in SL or today on BS.
    You kinda fail to see the difference between hoping for mp+trader in team and : 1sacrificing scope for nano attunement device AND 2:sacrificing CM/CC for nano buffing armor AND 3: sacrificing 1 aquarius calc for Comm Relay AND 4:sacrificing second calc for Ancient nano Enhancer AND 5: sacrificing another hud slot for Alium Augmentation Device AND 6: hoping 2 get trader and mp in team...
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetra View Post
    it's heal/sec is higher than SoR?
    I <3 clueless posts like this.
    My anwser to you is:
    Well, heals are supposed to be casted in thick combat, so with 1843 reqs I guess MAs can ask mobs nicely to wait till MA swap to full arith to cast team heal and run to Borealis to get trader buff.
    Last edited by Koizumi; Nov 20th, 2007 at 13:55:49.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=87991

this is what a fex fixer need to cast the new hot in fight, without any nano skills on the armor, and now towers or contracts. you can surely get some skills out of armor without losing to much ar/def from a css equip so you might not even need the research hud.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast