Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The NEW MA nanos

The NEW MA nanos

are a joke..

Now please please please please please listen FC

i'm going to explain how these nanos are wrong. and please do something to fix them. or please one of you decide to play an MA so you actually know what are prof can use....

the new team heal - ridiculous, how do you expect us to get 1843 nano skills? full CS? or do you expect us to perk CoNC and have perma Phulaks on? because honestly, any normal MA is going to have 1600-1650 nano skills with a decent setup. so what are you thinking? (this is assuming that you aren't even using NR perks)

the new fist damage buff- same goes for this as the team heal. 1842 nano skills? where do you want us to get these nano skills from? candyland?

the phys init buff - too bad we have to burn lots and lots of IP into psych mod..thanks m8. otherwise the nano looks great. just change it to sense imp and bio met.

bow/as buff - same as init buff. it's too bad that we have to waste lots of IP into psych mod now....going to have to IP reset something now :/

all in all, i'm a little disappointed...MAs two main concerns were not addressed. we asked for a better single heal with lower recharge or better evades buff. but nop, other profs got the evades.

please completely revamp that team heal to be a single heal that costs 1643 nano skills. you can keep it as 1.2-1.9k, and even keep the recharge, but please change the reqs and make it solo heal.

it's odd you are giving us a team buff that is better than our single heal..

sincerely,

a disgruntled MA who knows his profession.
    Last edited by glassgoat; Nov 17th, 2007 at 03:35:42.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

yea FC srly ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

please don't leave the nanos as is...i'm begging you...i like my MA...don't make me level my soldier :/

bump
    •.´´•..•¨•.¸¸MoonsorrowNecroticaSukiiAcidaShotaTrayatiAgiel•Lunatica¸¸.•¨¯`•..•´´.•

Quote Originally Posted by glassgoat View Post
    bow/as buff - same as init buff. it's too bad that we have to waste lots of IP into psych mod now....going to have to IP reset something now :/

dont want it dont raise the skills? dont moan to FC coz you want to put ip into something else its tired im grumpy.zzz
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

As Glass wrote, the inits buff is nice, even though we need to waste IP , Id waste IP for that

The rest on the other hand I wont use if it stays that way ,completely useless. For the normal MA you would need CM and umbral to cast those or go full arith.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentslashy View Post
    dont want it dont raise the skills? dont moan to FC coz you want to put ip into something else its tired im grumpy.zzz
    yes i will be raising the skill for it, just not sure what i'm going to drop yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kevma View Post
    As Glass wrote, the inits buff is nice, even though we need to waste IP , Id waste IP for that

The rest on the other hand I wont use if it stays that way ,completely useless. For the normal MA you would need CM and umbral to cast those or go full arith.
    notice that kevma said CM and umbral. not one or the other. i'm not sure how FC thinks we will cast this team heal constantly.

I was not expecting anything else, and yet im disappointed. VERY disappointed. as said before, the init buff is nice, the rest is a complete joke and the only reason they were added was the need to give us 4 nanos. I'd remove the teamheal, dmg buff and bow buff for a single better heal/evade buff any day. please rethink this before they go live, its a joke.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

even if i barely play my MA anymore, it's not hard to see how ridiculous the heal is

to cast it a MA would have to be either AI 30, or in the other case lose evades/AR
    + lose lots of AR for arith armor
    + evades/AR from util

I know those are not meant to be easily cast. But hell, 1650ish skills would do the hard part job. Need to have very good symbs and work on nano a bit. Would already requires sacrifices. And real sacrifices. Not just unperking NR1.

As it is, it's just a waste of DB space. I mean, even a PVM MA wouldnt sacrifice that much to cast this nano.

Ridiculous.

Period.
    Lady 'Kahina' Draconis, lvl 220/23 neutral MA equip
    This message is hidden because Nanofox1 is on your ignore list.
    Crawling 'Kathryna' Chaos, lvl 220/25 neutral Trader equip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I guess if AO continued to develop like this, in the year 2087 it would basically be Rock Paper Scissor Online.
    Scissor wouldn't stand a chance against Rock but Paper still wants Scissor nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahina View Post
    even if i barely play my MA anymore, it's not hard to see how ridiculous the heal is

to cast it a MA would have to be either AI 30, or in the other case lose evades/AR
    + lose lots of AR for arith armor
    + evades/AR from util

I know those are not meant to be easily cast. But hell, 1650ish skills would do the hard part job. Need to have very good symbs and work on nano a bit. Would already requires sacrifices. And real sacrifices. Not just unperking NR1.

As it is, it's just a waste of DB space. I mean, even a PVM MA wouldnt sacrifice that much to cast this nano.

Ridiculous.

Period.
    Atm Im ai 30 ( CoNC) with alb +25 nano skill util item and comm rellay , ql 280ish symbs and have just a little over in BM for autumn leaves ( 1740sh I think ) SI is a bit easier tho. To be able to self that stuff I would need to get arithmetic armor(or use various pieces of DB armor) which is not something I want to do.

I would think most 220 ma's are around ai 20 with CoLI and Xuyun perked. I doubt they would sacrifice either perk line to be able to cast those nanos.

So them saying that its possible to cast these but us needing to make sacrifices is kind of crazy , since your "gimping" yourself to cast these.

This is rather disappointing.

Melee fist buff would have been nice if it was castable in a pvp setup, but I won't be able to cast that even with +80 phulaks.
    I already have to swap out four items just to cast aegis of notum...no way I'll be able to use this.

The team heal might be worth it if it was actually castable:

Soul of Rubi: 116-190 hp/sec
    Superior Team Restore Ess: 179-269 hp/sec

If FC intends to institute pvp changes that promote joining teams on the BS, as they've stated recently, it would be nice if we could actually cast the team heal. Kinda weird that a team heal would outperform our best single heal though.

I knew FC wouldn't relent to give us anything we asked for like better SoR recharge or evades, so I guess we'll just have to take what we can get & enjoy the extra AS & inits.

Overall, this is about what I expected. You can never have enough inits & AS, so those nanos will be nice, but the absurdly high reqs on the other ones have got to go. And I still think its strange that ma's don't have a dimach buff.
    Last edited by Vlain; Nov 17th, 2007 at 09:45:24.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I'm not disapointed, I'm ****ing confused...

Evidently, FC doesn't listen to us much since we get more offense that we don't need and 0 defense that we need (don't point me that team heal crap.. if I'm in a team I'm with an advy or a doc already), so I guess they would trust their own people.. so, FC's designers, do any of your devs/testers has a 220 MA at hand? (you guys obviously don't because if you did, you'd know that those requirements are a total joke). If they do.. do they communicate with you?.. do you communicate with them? Did you make this to prevent people to go NR2?.. I hope you're not expecting people to drop NR2 for those buffs. Might as well ask me to shoot myself in the head.

I guess I'm gonna transfer my officer from my tradeskiller to my MA.. Hey I'll still be among top dd anyway with all those crazy damage and init buffs. Ahhh I get it.. so you enable us to pay cheaper for our armors.. omg I just uncovered the master plan.. Thank You FC!!...........

P.S. I apreciate your efforts to add more content.. we like the new playfields and some added mechanics.. but you need to wake up about nanos and general character ip distribution.
    Last edited by Joey; Nov 17th, 2007 at 07:01:43.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

ok, so fixers got new sws with +1k aad (+200 aad over sws10), traders get +210 evades, and NT's get +160 evades

top ma evade nano since patch 11.0: +120

awesome

where's my Improved Reduce Inertia with +250 evades?
    Last edited by Vlain; Nov 17th, 2007 at 06:36:48.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    ok, so fixers got new sws with +1k aad (+200 aad over sws10), traders get +210 evades, and NT's get +160 evades
    awesome

lol u must b blind...its right there in database...1628/1728 MM/MC...
    FC...PLEASE!! We WANT a new ac baff....1800 req's are nothing for us YAY!
    /sarcasm off (i n33d a b33r)
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

:/.

no, it's +100 over the nano it is an upgrade for traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post

awesome

..but yeah, new nanos requiring someone to not be in NR 1 or 2 is one thing, but to need significant help beyond that is silly IMO.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast