Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoman View Post
    ubt line extension
    both hp lines extensions
    epsilon purge extension? (remove max of 65NCU + locks nanos for 30sec, 100% def check vs bm/pm/mm, 3s recharge castable once every 2min,removable by viral scanner)
    first 2 are on there...EP fix suggestion is in the other thread.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Some ideas I tossed out a long time ago... Still viable as part of a brainstorming session imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Suggestion for discussion:

PvP version of UBT

EDIT:
    Reduced numbers since people went crazy over those I had there...
    Let me make it clear: I'm making a suggestion here which aim is the effect. I have no idea whatsoever about what the real numbers should be in order to not make them overpowered.
    See them as a basic idea... Should nano's with the proposed effects make it into game, I'm pretty sure FC have the ability (?) to choose some apropriate numbers.
    This goes for all 3-4 suggestions I've made.

Code:
    Nano: 	Uncontrollable Insta-gank Obliterator

Attack time	5s 
    Recharge time	3s 
    Duration	120 seconds
    Range		20 m

Attack skills
     Psychological modifications	50 % 
     Biological metamorphosis 	50 % 

Defense skills
     Nano resist			85%

Target Modify 	Projectile damage modifier	-100
     Target Modify 	Melee damage modifier		-100
     Target Modify 	Energy damage modifier		-100
     Target Modify 	Chemical damage modifier	-100
     Target Modify 	Radiation damage modifier	-100
     Target Modify 	Cold damage modifier		-100
     Target Modify 	Fire damage modifier		-100
     Target Modify 	Poison damage modifier		-100

Target Modify 	Aimed shot 			-750
     Target Modify 	Full auto			-750
     Target Modify 	Burst 				-750
     Target Modify 	Fling shot 			-750
     Target Modify 	Sneak attack			-750
     Target Modify 	Brawl 				-750
     Target Modify 	Dimach 				-750
     Target Modify 	Any other skill for specials	-750
    Unbreakable/Unmovable and for use in PvP...

EDIT: Maybe in same line as UBT, so you have to choose bewteen them, depending of what prof your target is?
    PvP version of "First-Degree Burns" (nuke)

Code:
    Intestine Incinerator
    The target is hit with a malignent cocktail of various chemichals, which
    causes instant major burn damages to the targets skin, after which
    it enters the bloodstream and causes severe intestine inflammation
    crippling the target for a short while.

School  	Combat

Attack time  	6s
    Recharge time 	11s

Range  	25 m

Attack skills
     Biological metamorphosis	52 %
     Matter creation		48 %

Defense skills
     Nano resist 			60 %

Effects
     On Use
      Target Hit Health 	Fire	-3000..-7000
      Target Hit Health 	Poison	 -500.. -500 	 5 hits, 2s delay

Damage numbers chosen are pretty random, so obviously up for discussion...
    PvP DoT

Code:
    Intestine Incinerator
    The target is hit with a malignent cocktail of various chemichals, which causes instant major burn damages to the targets skin, after which it enters the bloodstream and causes severe intestine inflammation hurting the target for a short while.

School  	Combat: Doctor DOT line A

Attack time  	7s
    Recharge time 	5s

Range  		25 m

Attack skills
     Biological metamorphosis	53 %
     Matter creation		47 %

Defense skills
     Nano resist			100 %

On Use 	Target 	Hit 	Health 	Poison -800 .. -800 	 15 hits, 8s delay
    	Target 	Modify 	Martial arts 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	1h Blunt 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	1h Edged 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Melee energy 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	2h Edged 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Piercing 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	2h Blunt 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Sharp objects 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Grenade 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Heavy weapons 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Bow 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Pistol 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Rifle 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Smg 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Shotgun 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Assault rifle 	-200 	 
    	Target 	Modify 	Ranged energy 	-200
    Again... Damage numbers chosen pretty random...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Team healdelta aura debuffs heal efficiency and nano delta. Chance to break on hit and break on < 200 nano.

+500 HD : -50 heal efficiency -100 nano delta
    +750 HD : -75 heal efficiency -150 nano delta
    +1k HD : -100 heal efficiency -200 nano delta.

Maybe a nerf to AR too

Then we'll become true healtotems :-)

Hi Doc peeps, think this might be my first post in the Doc forums, so be nice (no picking on the new guy)

Now, maybe I just wanna see some sexy toon in a nurses outfit, but here's my suggestion.

A new doc nano, lets call it, Florence Nightingale.

It has a very long cast time, and creates a pet shell in your inventory (the idea is the long cast time makes it hard for you to use again quickly)

Right clicking the shell spwans Florence, (the sexy nurse!).

Now Florence has a very short life span, mmm, 30 seconds, maybe even less. She has a huge ammount of HP (Beast or more) and a huge taunt (maybe an aura taunt, or something like the new mongo).

So when you spawn Florence you can send her to attack a mob, and she simply goes and tanks the mob(s) for a short period (she has rubbish damage, hits for 1). This can be used to give you time to heal up your tank, recharge your nano, start a fight against a tough mob so that while she's tanking you can get some DoT's fired away, or as a way of managing an unwanted add.
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

Oooh, two posts now!

This nano is called: Resuscitation.

It can be cast on "The remains of PlayerX".

Doing so will warp the dead player back to your location. They will still be rezz sick, and in need of a heal. (Think how helpful this could be if someone died in a mission, no more waiting while they run back, or to get someone back into an alien ship)

Using the format that the new improved complete heal uses, a nano could run in your NCU that stops you from using Resuscitation again for a period of time (a nice long length of time, so that this nano cannot be abused too much).

The nano could have a duel use, casting it on a player rather than their remains, will remove rezz sickness. If you have warped a dead player back to yourself using Resuscitation you obviously cannot remove their rezz sickness as you are locked from using the nano again. Of course, you could cast it on yourself after death to remove your own rezz sickness (this is a nano that shouldn't have too high skills to cast, it's something that level 100 doc's should be able to use, perhaps using Sens Imp).

What's the extra bonus for docs here? Well, apf teams will be fighting over docs so they can be warped back for their points if the die. Infy teams might take a doc rather than a damage toon just to make sure. Quite simply having a doc in your team who can get you back to your phat loot if you died would be something many people wouldn't turn down.
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

New type of space nanos that removes one or more DoT/blind/ransack/init debuff from a target. Similar to WoW I think where priests cure diseases and stuff with spells. I know we have "Team Hale and Hearty" - but seriously, 2 min recharge... Why aren't these nanos like snare/root removers?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Retired Doc Professional
    great ideas, keep em coming.

diso, welcome... and thanks for the input
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Comments on your line -- and a few extras

1. An AoE dot (fairly small area) -- this one would be greater then 1 DoT but not more then 2 and should replace a DoT line (overwrite) but you can still cast the other 2 on it to have a triple DoT going) AoE should probably be a longer cast time OR recharge to compensate for the capability

4. A nano or kit to ward off rez sickness (from self or target) -- that docs can make from Monster parts and Doc's only store (traders and fixers have one...)

5. Some sort of snare -- or a valium nano to mob
    6. An extention to the long and/or short term hp buff lines -- yes needed (but we did get a good team hot in Pen)
    7. A 'festering' dot. (Starts at 1 damage, x damage is added every 2 seconds for a very long period of time) -- that is either progressive with time (as previously mentioned) or progressive by level (say up the dmg every 10 lvls (so you buy the nano at lvl 100 and it scales up as you level)
    9. A Dot Aura (hits all enemies in a short area with a DoT, as long as they are in the area) - this is good because it would hurt us if there were calms.. takes some smarts to use this one... interesting
    13. A doc-only armor that has a different feel (ex:weapon skills and hp and MR!!! or MM for you MA types)
    18. A pet nurse with a short duration, that could be used for a heal, or to take agg off the doc -- watch it they may duplicate the trader pet on us

19. Dazed Nano - causes the mob to attack closest target as in a cofused drugged (docs should have access to all drug lines) state. Mob could attack another mob (cast it on a few hecks and laugh) would also be good APF fun too . Not a charm (say 30 sec timer as seems to be the norm with doc off nanos :/)

20. We meddle in the arts of medicine, drugs and disease... make us have more TS capabilities.. I want to make bullets that have a 10% (or even 5) chance of causing a nervous stun, or blind for 10 sec, or something that effects the mob. (this works for all bullet users
    21. capability to make 200+ stims (or make the 200+ mosnter parts actually 200+ not drop to 200... but doc capable only)
    22. Possible school line/quest to make a doc only tool that will work on Refined imps to "clean" them.
    23. Anything to get more MR (or MM) if we are docs and dextrious enough with a knife (maybe doc only dot/disease scalpels?) we should be nimble enough to weild 2x wpns with ease. (I know not an actual contribution but I am all out of ideas now... wtb coffee... bbl
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Retired Doc Professional
    nice ideas, but im just gonna say that on your #20.... that would most likely be implemented as a proc rather than a new TS process, and we already have plenty of procs to choose from.

and i think your last mr "idea" is covered in the armor suggestion. if you can think of something other than that, i'll write it down. but i doubt we'd ever get an MR nano. we already got some of that in a brain symb for the ado quest line.
    Last edited by Mmba; Nov 21st, 2007 at 16:30:42.

Was thinking somthing similar to fixer special bullets.

another idea (was mentioned in other areas but not this thread)
    24. AoE UBT
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Just something I've wanted for a long time, and have just lived with: Monster parts that scale to 300.

I'll edit this if I get any other ideas, but so far I like what others are coming up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    Was thinking somthing similar to fixer special bullets.

another idea (was mentioned in other areas but not this thread)
    24. AoE UBT
    Just as long as it doesn't touch our team ... I'm still laughing at that.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Oh btw mmba/blonde, can you see if you can talk devs into having the hud thingie give like 50 nanocinit + 50ncu and/or 300ish hp, or something like that?

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Oh btw mmba/blonde, can you see if you can talk devs into having the hud thingie give like 50 nanocinit + 50ncu and/or 300ish hp, or something like that?
    dont think i havent tried already

the mods on it prolly arent changin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    dont think i havent tried already

the mods on it prolly arent changin.
    Probably not = possibility
    Never any harm in trying again
    Stupid if they give us a new and higher complete heal, and then force us to loose hp to cast it

Oh, aand wtb access to the shotgun perkline, it is after one of our supported wepons
    Last edited by Ober; Nov 24th, 2007 at 18:30:45.

how about some "drug" nanos/pills

like ehmm: enhanced focus or something, that gives a nice 500 nano.init boost , but at the expensive of some healing effeciency.. 20% `ish mayby

And some runspeed(enhanced agility?) at the expense of healthpower or what not... around thereabouts...

Nanoskill boost at expense of some nanocost etc..

So you get boost while the nano is running , but at cost of something else.

If we are medical/biological experts, why shouldnt we be able to make drugs like that and as side effect it hurts some other area that might be beneficial.(all drugs have side effects, besides it might actually sound balanced to the ears of funcom)

Hmm that sounds pretty good. Maybe a nano init version of the burst of speed stim. +800 NI for 1 min then -250 NI for 4 min?

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Hmm that sounds pretty good. Maybe a nano init version of the burst of speed stim. +800 NI for 1 min then -250 NI for 4 min?
    While it sounds nice and dandy, we already have too much downtime with GTH ingame

Then again, if 800 nanocinit is enough get you full def with BI, I think -250 isn't enough to push you below full agg with BI

1 minute would be a lil to short imo, 30 min nanos or it could be stim/pilìsh, but then with duration of atleast 5 min with setbacks running while boost is active and not afterwards.

not that i would want boost in nanoskill... but if there was such a pill/nano.. u would instantly for example get an nanocost increase 15% or something that is balanced relative to the gain in nanoskill . and if you stop the nano/pill, you stop the sideeffect.

There could be a pill/nanol for all sort of different things, that might not allways be smart to use, but depending on the situation and setup. If you wear full combined officer and have spare nanoskill. A pill that has nanoskill as side effect might be something you could use in order to boost nano.init or whatever the pill/nano has as a boost, assuming they are preset by the devs.

That way you have already made the sacrifice by wearing full arithmetic/officer armor in some senes and letting its beneficial gain go into the certain boost the pill/nano has.

If you are wearing 15% nanocost reduction on your belt.. this is something that you might sacrifice for certain type of boost by eating the pill or casting nano with eqvivalent sideeffect.. and so forth. If you dont wear the nanocost in ur belt, it will just hurt you nanocost more, since your already short on it.

What pill/nano would have what boost and what sideeffect would have to be thought out by someone though =P

But this is surly something a doctor could be doing with their expertice and it has a balancing order to it. And ofc for doctors only .. no keepur leeching or so ><

While we're on the topic of drugs, I'd like prozac to take away all the bad things, and keep them away for a while (nsd, drains, gth etc) for a short while (15-30s?).

Ofc every time you take one, you get a stacking thingie in your ncu, that implodes on your ass if you forget to take your pills

(And ofc, for every pill you take, you get diminishing returns )

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast