Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I would have tried to formulate it more diplomatic but i'm glad we have reasonable profs too.
    i was gonna go into a long rant, but i figured this is a "brainstorm" and the worst that they can say about the thread is nothing. so anything we can put in it, the better.

ty for the compliment ober.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I would have tried to formulate it more diplomatic but i'm glad we have reasonable profs too.
    I'm not into lies

me either Ober, but there are times it's easy to coat the words in honey rather than vinegar when we /slash (get it? double slash! I r teh funny!) their arguments to shreds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i'll bite my tongue in saying that these are "out there" because of technical reasons and add them.
    I still <3 you
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    me either Ober, but there are times it's easy to coat the words in honey rather than vinegar when we /slash (get it? double slash! I r teh funny!) their arguments to shreds.
    I line my words with either methamphetamines or nitric acid, depending on mood.

gief straw nao? =P
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Why are we doctors so strange?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Its the atrox enforcers. They rub off on us.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

My idea on GTH/BGH4.
    Last edited by Ober; Feb 23rd, 2008 at 23:13:12.

umm? wrong link Ober?
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    yea, just a sugg to make bgh 4 aoe remove gth. (in other words, 10 min recharge on it)

already added it to main list if ya check
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

umm? wrong link Ober?
    Very much so, fixed now

Personally I would find it more natural for Hale and Hearty to remove GTH... but that's a wet dream anyhow, no way they are changing old perks, it's no FC style to change something that has been in game for so long unless it's a bug - they add new stuff instead (like improved jathos with GTH %resist - as if it's gonna help on a spammable nano ><).
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Lightbulb

Here are some nano ideas with a pvp tilt. I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize for any repeats. These are almost certainly overpowered, but one can dream.

* Pull the Plug
    Description: Sometimes a Doctor must remove a patient from life support.
    Effect: Removes all recurring heal nanos (HOT, trader HOT, Keeper heal auras, MONGO heal portion)
    Likelihood: I could see it.

* Tainted IV
    Description: To poison a patient's medicine is banned by all medical organizations. This only contributes to its popularity.
    Effect: Replaces all recurring heal nanos with equivalent DOTs.
    Alternatively: Works as a kind of Grand Theft Blood, turning the target's heal delta against them (-500 healdelta?).
    Likelihood: unlikely

* First, Do Harm
    Description: Some cult of Hezak mumbo jumbo about Doctors gone wrong.
    Effect: Trades healing for damage, converting all non-CH, non-SL heals into nukes with damage in proportion (but reduced) to the healing. This allows the doctor to do damage, but removes any ability to heal himself or others, kind of a berserk mode. It could also come with a self DOT to emphasize this.
    Likelihood: zero, OP, not worth it to implement.

* <Clever Doctor Name>'s Contagion
    Description: Doctor <Clever Doctor Name> created this disease in an effort to eliminate the clans once and for all. It was intended to spread to the entire populace, killing completely. Fortunately, he became patient zero before he was able to perfect the formula. Some regret that he was never able to be formally punished, they have never been infected with the disease.
    Effect: A DOT that can spread between players. Implemented as a friendly (but not removable) aura that fires with each tick of the DOT. Each time the aura fires, it has a possibility of casting one of two nanos in each person hit.

First, it can land the original contagion. This is the aura cast on the original target. It does a relatively small amount of damage for a long time at a long interval (maybe 10 ticks 500..500 @ 20s). Those infected with this are carriers and spread the disease to others.

Second, there is a mutated form, this one does much more damage, but does not spread. The DOT could be roughly equivalent to a current high level SL DOT.

The chance to spread would be relatively small. The main concern would be running back to your group and hanging around while infected (there could be an incubation period where the nano doesn't appear to encourage such behavior ). This would give some incentive to not run away from a Doctor in pvp.

This entire thing could also be implemented as a perk. It would work as either a chance to occur during an existing viral combination attack (unexpected combination) or a new perk.

Likelihood: less than zero, too hard to implement, possibly OP. Too much fun to be allowed.

I posted these in another thread, reposting them here.

1) A nano for enforcers that they can only cast on a doc. For the duration of the nano(30s) all damage to the doctor will instead be re-directed to the enforcer. When the nano terminates it will put another nano in the doc's NCU that blocks him from getting the buff cast on them for 5 minutes.

2) A big HoT, self only, completely heals the doctor every 3 seconds, ticks 3 times. When this nano terminates it will place another nano in the doc's NCU that will stop him from casting the nano again for 5 minutes. (If other professions get their huge alphas every 2 minutes on average, why can't we get a huge boost in survivability every 5 minutes? There are a lot more of them than there are of us :P)

Neither of the above nanos will stack with special attack blockers, they aren't necessary if you're teamed with an engi :P

I don't think either of these would be imbalanced in today's pvp environment.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Retired Doc Professional
    @mox: why even post suggestions that you think are unlikely? i'll add a few little points with the general idea of what you said.

@rak: don't really understand the need for those. and they would both be pretty OP, not to mention that the first one is totally outside any sort of realm of game mechanics.

i don't mind posting stuff thats "out there" but i can't post "impossible".

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    @rak: don't really understand the need for those. and they would both be pretty OP, not to mention that the first one is totally outside any sort of realm of game mechanics.

i don't mind posting stuff thats "out there" but i can't post "impossible".
    How would they be overpowered? All they do is allow me once every 5 minutes to definitely survive an alpha while still keeping my capability to heal others for that short period of time. Other games give similar abilities to their healing classes(Pain Supression for Priests and Intervene for Warriors in WoW, Divine Aura for Clerics in EQ) and they aren't considered overpowered and in those games no one has the offensive power that some professions in AO have. Given that there are only a couple docs per side per BS vs a whole crapload of professions who all have their huge alphas recharged in 2 minutes, I fail to see how being able to survive a couple of those every 5 minutes would be overpowered.

The need for them stems from that fact that in today's pvp environment, once a doc is under fire he can no longer fulfill his role of being a healer while serveral other professions have the tools to continue their roles while they are under fire. The situation is only going to get worse once team pvp titles are in the game and the most efficient way to farm titles will be to kill those who die easily and docs die a lot more easily than several other professions with any sort of concerted effert and as such we will be farmed like crazy.

And the first idea is not outside the game mechanics, the NT/Trader shields already do the work of redirecting damage from your HP and combined with the way My Enemy's Enemy is my Friend works I think the effect I suggested could be able to be achieved.
    Last edited by Rak; Feb 27th, 2008 at 18:12:51.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Personally I'd rather see a improvement in the passive defense department, especially nano resist. A CH every 3 seconds is not going to help against coordinated alphas, GTH or nsds either. And I've neever been to much a fan of high locktime tools that you need to depend on either.

It is unlikely that FC will give us anything new in terms of defense though unless they pull a 180 on their current thoughts on docs, but working nanoresist would be what I want.

Edit: Speaking TL7 pvp, it's different for TL5 pvp I guess.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Complete Brainstorm:

False Profession: "insert profession here". Upon inspection (target, press T) your profession is listed as X, without the ability to use any of that professions nanos.

The idea is just to camouflage who we are!
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Complete Brainstorm:

False Profession: "insert profession here". Upon inspection (target, press T) your profession is listed as X, without the ability to use any of that professions nanos.

The idea is just to camouflage who we are!
    hey we are docs... make it

Plastic Surgery: "insert profession here". etc...
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast