Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

Mmba,
    Here is the link to Hydes idea: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=494847

I have no objections to make it really HARD to TS (some trader/eng love) but DOC only But also different QL capable (based on QL parts used) for all lvl love not just endgame.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Retired Doc Professional
    great, thanks. ill link that directly from the list.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

When thinking about it maybe something from a quest would work.

Left click to change from one stat to another. Having -NC, Nanointeruptmodifier and nanorange.

Something with about 80 or 100 NCU.

When asking for less ur more likely to get it. Getting all those diffrent NCU's would add about 192. That might be a bit in excess.

Quote Originally Posted by catdog View Post
    When asking for less ur more likely to get it.
    Problem with asking for less, is that you're equally less inclined to use it after you get it.

64 or 80 NCU helps. 192 (or more)changes everything. And dont tell me ur not gonna use it.

well lets see then,

hydes CPU+Range Increaser in one thing = 1 slot saved = 125-150 more ncu? why is it such a big deal compared to some profs like keepers that can have in 6x 150 ncus? or w/e keepers go for this days.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmguy View Post
    well lets see then,

hydes CPU+Range Increaser in one thing = 1 slot saved = 125-150 more ncu? why is it such a big deal compared to some profs like keepers that can have in 6x 150 ncus? or w/e keepers go for this days.
    Just fyi: what prof has several buffs that require about 50 or more NCU space? Right, keeper.

Don't compare what ain't comparable. Keepers have nano eating buffs (at least 2 or 3 empty the gross of the nanopool (and contrary to docs, keepers don't have to max it, as other skills like parry and riposte are still used for AI swords), which require alot of NCU. Iirc, my keeper requires 450 NCU self! And I'm not talking bout the buffing speed. My doc needs 1 minute to get fully buffed if my memory serves well, a keeper takes alot more time. :/

So please, compare to other profs, but not to keepers, one doesn't compare apples with pears.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

i was just using it as an example other profs can use 6 mems keeper just came to mind + i know keepers like to read doc forums.

For someone as rezi, the one that suggested these NCU's. 64 NCU is probably gonna help a lot. 192 (3x64) would be life changing in the damage setup he is using.

Implenting this would anyhow give ALL docs 64 more NCU. I dont see how that can be a bad thing.

Don't forget mmba is also trying to push for a doc-only armor, which hopefully would sport alot of NCU (like in my example).

Asking too much could hinder other proposals.
    We usually call it WTF.
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Don't forget mmba is also trying to push for a doc-only armor, which hopefully would sport alot of NCU (like in my example).

Asking too much could hinder other proposals.
    im pushin for whatever we can get.

more specifically, ive been pushing for diversity. read my quote from the post i sent to fc:

"I realize that I wrote a similiar rant a while ago, but I'm desperate that this issue doesn't get forgotten about: please - give us a new toy to play with.

The road that i would love to take doctors down is the ability to maximize diversity in the profession even though in the end we're striving for the same things. I believe that it is diversity which keeps us and the game going."

i presented this list once again. (also, i recognized that some ideas may be overpowered, but the purpose of the list was to induce creativity, and presenting balanced issues might stifle this creativity. )
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Silverback mk7 with burst.
    Doc only, so traders don't get our special lubs

or instead just a viable ql300 shotty and ql300 bow usable in PVP

*edit* I mentioned those two because its my personal belief that the majority of docs are: Pistol, Shotgun or Bow. Not intended to degrade docs who choose another route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

I myself wouldn't mind a bow (goes along with our symbs)... bow with AS/Fling to me would work just fine (left arm/eye) and would help the MR struggle doesn't have to be over uber over our pistols... but a viable medium.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher

and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Retired Doc Professional
    ip spending in bow + symbs < ip spending in pistol.

dont know if wed ever get a doc-only bow; but, it is a valid option.

Erm... I am not and probably never will be a doc, but it's an idea I've been toying with and haven't had the cojones to put out there...

I've seen a few NPCs throwing hostile morphs around, and I thought it'd fit doctors and make them far more fun to play. Balancing the effects could be tricky, but if they were separated into different types of hostile morphs in the same line that debuff different 'groups' of abilities, it could add some versatility ('cause UBT doesn't drive people insane enough, you know.)

Why do I think it would fit docs? Well, the other obvious choice for a line like this is Advent, and it would probably be not only redundant but also incredibly imbalanced to give advents the one thing that they don't have a truckload of already - debuffs. I know it's a longshot, but as far as I can see, Doctors have a lack of fun toys compared to some other profs, and turning innocent bystanders into leets or whatever would simply just be fun as hell.

Yeah! Would be phun to turn peeps into 'Horribly failed experiments' and reduce their fighting skills to those of a lvl 15 mob XD
    We usually call it WTF.

Retired Doc Professional
    haha, i like it alot

There is a basis for that already in game... anyone do (old) DB instanced field yet? you are made into a yuttos dog... can't do squat as that morph. (GTH equivelent as well there... so existance this type of actions is precidented) So the "nano" is ingame... just on the wrong side ^^

It would make a good storyline is we were capable of "pirating" that mobs nano capabilities

Yeah, that's how I look at it. >_> If they get to cast them on us, why can't we cast it on them?

Obviously the Crawling Skin buff would be too powerful (ultimate calm that doesn't break onhit?), but variants that debuff in groups, like one that debuffs Int/Psy/Nanoskills, one that debuffs damage/str/stam, and one that debuffs agi/sense/inits.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast