Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

I have to admit, the starfall chain is great, but takes forever and one balked perk ruins the last one. Plus it's viabilityin PvP is completely thrown out the window
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    I have to admit, the starfall chain is great, but takes forever and one balked perk ruins the last one. Plus it's viabilityin PvP is completely thrown out the window
    Doc MC vs everyone NR+aad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Doc MC vs everyone NR+aad?
    thats a joke right? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    i probably shouldn't have closed it mekh. sorry

work was annoying today and i was irritated. and the idea seemed utterly ridiculous to me.

i moved your post to the thread and re-opened it. discuss away.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i probably shouldn't have closed it mekh. sorry

work was annoying today and i was irritated. and the idea seemed utterly ridiculous to me.

i moved your post to the thread and re-opened it. discuss away.
    No worries.... I know those days all too well...

I seem to have plenty of them these days.... sigh.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'm sure most of this will have already been suggested, but here goes anyways.

Note: Most of my brainstorming is centered around PvP, as I for one feel docs are pretty damn well set in PvM...ya it takes us 2 hours to solo level 250+ mobs.....but wtf, we can do it cant we?

1. Improved Epsilon Purge combined w/ Nuke? Lower NR check long recharge to avoid spamming, say...1k dmg + removes ~5 Beneficial Buffs, Randomly chosen.
    2. Improved UBT. Unremovable, ~2k debuff lasts 1/2 the time of current UBT
    3. Improved Wrack and Ruin. -250 skill, double dot dmg, roughly same casting time/recharge as Bone Eater. lasts 1/2 the time of current WnR
    4. Some kind of Doc Only item to remove ANY debuff (even the "unremovable" ones), like a sit-down possibly usable in combat kit. Would make sense seeing as how we are supposed masters of bio-technology and cures.
    5. Hostile version of Life Channeler, maybe...Life Funneler? Takes ~1k HP from the target and transfers it to the doctor.
    6. Improved Vaccine of Divestiture. Almost the exact same nano but instead of just anti trader drains make it against any kind of debuff, last for ~25 seconds.
    7. PvP based strain B dot, same dmg as bone eater or even slightly less, comes with a -1k runspeed debuff and/or blind. seems silly to me that a doctor cant effect a targets movement or vision.
    8. Any kind of "Ressurect" ability, maybe similar to beacon warp but dumbing down the rez timers and/or temporarily buffing skills by +25% for half the duration of the current rezzing process, with a casting time similar to our grid nanos.

Thats it for the "normal" suggestions....onto the "never going to happen" stuff

9. for the love of god nerf the MR req on the doc pistols lol, HATE having to twink that crap if i have the need to remove them
    10. let me be a plastic surgeon...maybe nothing more then transport the target into the clinic plastique
    11. something, anything that will allow me to land hostile perks on something that isnt a 210 (insert gimp evades/aad prof here)

Thanks for the time, hopefully I came up with something not suggested and/or my suggestions aren't too outlandish.
    Celphi 220/15/45 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Celphi View Post
    3. Improved Wrack and Ruin. -250 skill, double dot dmg, roughly same casting time/recharge as Bone Eater. lasts 1/2 the time of current WnR
    Would rather want 2 dots, a and b. and that they draw maybe 150 weapon skill(not any nano skills) from the target and give it to doc so that we could get some higher AR... maybe not so useable at tl7 but very useable at tl5!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

5. Hostile version of Life Channeler, maybe...Life Funneler? Takes ~1k HP from the target and transfers it to the doctor.
    Transferring MAX HP right, and not just a health drain?
    A nuke or something similar that decreases max hp on opponent would be nice for us.

(..)
    7. PvP based strain B dot, same dmg as bone eater or even slightly less, comes with a -1k runspeed debuff and/or blind. seems silly to me that a doctor cant effect a targets movement or vision.
    Me likes ^_^.

The "Extract Blood plasma" drain for max hp sounds neat-o.
    Some kind of runspeed debuff to make dots work better in BS would rock too.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Hum, it's true that docs get outrunned very often, so what about -RS on ubt and init debuff proc ?
    Ppl are "speed" debuffed, so it may affects RS as it affects inits ?
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Quote Originally Posted by epolass View Post
    Hum, it's true that docs get outrunned very often, so what about -RS on ubt and init debuff proc ?
    Ppl are "speed" debuffed, so it may affects RS as it affects inits ?
    runSPEED, hmm.. I agree

Unless you interpret it as "debuffed by SPEED" (as in the drug)

double post, backspace ftl!

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Unless you interpret it as "debuffed by SPEED" (as in the drug)
    No in that case they would have a 2x increase in runspeed but their AR would go down by 50% to simulate violent twitches and inability to concentrate for long periods.

WAIT ... I think I'd go for that too ... but it sounds more like a Fixer-cast debuff.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Apr 18th, 2008 at 14:13:41.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Hehe

I want poisons to actually poison people, not only do damage that they either die from or ignore.
    Too bad pain is hard to reproduce in MMOs

Retired Doc Professional
    lol, as much as i'd think it would be funny to see rl-drug references in ao, i think the devs should steer clear of that

affected by ecstacy
    "you are seeing pink elephants, and your vision is blurry"

affected by weed
    "you are very sleepy. your hp will drop until you visit the nearest bronto burger"
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I have a new nano...for people other than docs,

'Struck off' - It stops the doc healing for a week ... Now please cast it on me ....please
    Elier (220/21) Undertaker and Leach Nurse
    Elieradv(214/15) Shapeshifter and General Leet
    ElierTrox( leveling ) Champion Pie Eater and Gun Slinger

God heals and the Doctor takes the fee.
    - Benjamin Franklin

lol, as much as i'd think it would be funny to see rl-drug references in ao, i think the devs should steer clear of that

affected by ecstacy

affected by weed
    "you are very sleepy. your hp will drop until you visit the nearest bronto burger"
    Effected by LSD ... Doc runs off into woods screaming help I am being chased by a pink giraffe called Meloney .... OMG!! OMG!!!
    Elier (220/21) Undertaker and Leach Nurse
    Elieradv(214/15) Shapeshifter and General Leet
    ElierTrox( leveling ) Champion Pie Eater and Gun Slinger

God heals and the Doctor takes the fee.
    - Benjamin Franklin

affected by ecstacy

affected by weed
    HAHHAHAHAH! =D Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Well they dont have to reference drugs, just their effects
    Celphi 220/15/45 Doctor

I was just talking about Runspeed
    Fixers, advy's, enfo's, agents... well, a lot of profs. It takes time for a doc to kill. It is very frequent to see a target go away with very few hp.
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast