Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    afaik % debuffs are very hard to implement if not impossible.
    Should be easy to just put in a "IF Max health 1200 higher than hp debuff amount".

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Should be easy to just put in a "IF Max health 1200 higher than hp debuff amount".
    true
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Well, a 1200 max health debuff won't exactly help us much. I know you haven't given any hard numbers but for dots it doesn't make a difference if the target has 9000 or 7800 max hp, or for high hp 20k or 18.8k hp.

Especially since it is another recharge + possible counters we have to fit into our casts. Against most serious pvp'ers it's hard to keep dots running allready.

To have a effect the hp buff would either be much higher, which would make it uber against low hp profs and meh against high hp profs or needs to be a percantage buff which the mechanics currently don't allow.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Well, a 1200 max health debuff won't exactly help us much. I know you haven't given any hard numbers but for dots it doesn't make a difference if the target has 9000 or 7800 max hp, or for high hp 20k or 18.8k hp.

Especially since it is another recharge + possible counters we have to fit into our casts. Against most serious pvp'ers it's hard to keep dots running allready.

To have a effect the hp buff would either be much higher, which would make it uber against low hp profs and meh against high hp profs or needs to be a percantage buff which the mechanics currently don't allow.
    Wasn't supposed to be a 1200 max hp debuff, but that people have atleast 1200 hp left after debuff

Haha! Ok!

...proceed.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Retired Doc Professional
    i presented this list to fc again, before 17.9. maybe we'll get something
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

/me crosses fingers for armor proposed earlier
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

I was reading more about that Warhammer Online game, and come across a neat ability that the tanks in that game will have.

They can cast a spell on a target and that target's damage is reduced by 50% if he attacks anyone else except the tank.

I guess that should probably be an Enforcer suggestion, but I put it here since it's completely relevant to doctor pvp.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

A nano we can cast on a target that will reduce doc heals by 50% (so it effects a doc's and FP agent's ability to cast heals)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    A nano we can cast on a target that will reduce doc heals by 50% (so it effects a doc's and FP agent's ability to cast heals)
    we already have a perk that does exactly that. Its called malicious prohibition

Oh please, not more stacking heal eff debuffs. Soldiers, Keepers and fixers are allready asking for their version of the advy/mp debuff.

Once all those debuffs are moved into one line so they don't stack we can talk about adding more.

Edit:
    On a sidenote, Malicious Prohibition does have the problem to land. I can't land it on most serious pvp docs without CMochs runnning and even only half the agents with CMochs (2300-2350ish nanoskills). Too much AAD in the game that is not affected by the 85% check.
    I'm mostly unperkable by it, 450 AAD, ~2350 nano resist. with 0.85 check + AAD it takes 2447 AR on the perk to land it. Personally I only have 130 AAO so in my setup it would take 2317 BM to land.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Mar 12th, 2008 at 17:53:21.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i presented this list to fc again, before 17.9. maybe we'll get something
    wtb the 17.9 pre-release notes ... we need something.

Solo and duel kills as a Doc are plain wastes of time. Fun, but they simply take too long to be practical. If they really ARE considering PvP-title rewards at some point (Sil said its "on the drawing board") then they better find a way to make every prof have an equal chance at them. Or they better only be team-title rewards, since that is the only place a Doc is going to have a chance at a decent kill rate.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    wtb the 17.9 pre-release notes ... we need something.

Solo and duel kills as a Doc are plain wastes of time. Fun, but they simply take too long to be practical. If they really ARE considering PvP-title rewards at some point (Sil said its "on the drawing board") then they better find a way to make every prof have an equal chance at them. Or they better only be team-title rewards, since that is the only place a Doc is going to have a chance at a decent kill rate.
    Just give us an improved UBT that takes the de-init to -2000 and also effects Runspeed and all Evades.
    Elier (220/21) Undertaker and Leach Nurse
    Elieradv(214/15) Shapeshifter and General Leet
    ElierTrox( leveling ) Champion Pie Eater and Gun Slinger

God heals and the Doctor takes the fee.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Like I said on another thread, regarding pvp :

We should be able to use the 1k Dot with all weapons (that coming from a doc trying to loot her second pistol :> ).

It would be nice to have a good AS weapon, like Silverback. Or add AS to left hand pistol.

Thing is, it's clear that we are not going to be able to play full deff. So, we can't improve our defense. This way, the only way to make us better is to pimp offense.

Or add an Heavy weapon + AS weapon on dreadlock camps, and allow us to use 1k dot with it.

New pvp titles rely, like old ones, on the ability to do damage. We need to deal more damage, by maybe changing the AR nerf, or change CoNC perks to check Nanoskills instead of our crappy AR...
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Nanos to increase breast sizes and thigh sizes on female characters.
    Bellies and shoulder width on male characters.
    Neck length on neuters.

Just for kicks, giggles and some fly-by chaos.

I want full plastic surgery !
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Quote Originally Posted by ElierDoc View Post
    Just give us an improved UBT that takes the de-init to -2000 and also effects Runspeed and all Evades.
    -75% weapon special skills instead of evades...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    -75% weapon special skills instead of evades...
    I was thinking about this for the last couple of weeks. What about a "nanite enhanced" UBT that affects the skill lock modifier (or whatever it is in the code) to actually increase the time between specials? So an 11s AS would get nerfed down to 30s or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I was thinking about this for the last couple of weeks. What about a "nanite enhanced" UBT that affects the skill lock modifier (or whatever it is in the code) to actually increase the time between specials? So an 11s AS would get nerfed down to 30s or something similar.
    I thought they "fixed" skill lock mod awhile back so that it wouldn't affect specials any longer? Or did they just make it so that skill lock couldn't lower below the normal caps?

Most people seem to want -skill lock so that they can do things like have dmg type changing devices running full time or lower the recharge time between first aid/virus scanner/etc items.

If it -does- still affect special recharge I can see it being useful in lowb PvP, but it would have to have a very very severe effect on -skill lock (turning it negative, sorta like GTH does to our nano delta) before it would affect TL7. Most people in TL7 hit their weapon recharge caps effectively with just raw skill ratings.

Or so I thought

Not against the idea, just unsure of its effect.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Retired Doc Professional
    skill lock never affected weapon or special recharge.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast