Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of Needs and Wants

Don't know if this belongs here, but again with regard to GTH...

If I was going to use my doc primarily for PvP, and GTH don't get changed significantly with regard to effect on docs, then I would definitely see my myself forced to let go of my precious new Pistols and Dr. Blaze DoT in favour of an AS weapon, since if there's an opposing trader on BS I will find myself without neither defense and offense most of the time. (In my personal experience)

In that case I would find myself forced to use AS, as our AR does not let us use anything else with any meaningfull effect.
    Which leaves us where we've been for ages with a very old, and very outdated and unreliable "best option" afaik being the Ithaca...

So... In this scenario I would vote for a Doc tag on the coveted Silverback mk6 or something similar being introduced for Doc's.

While I think the Pistol and Blaze DoT combo fits a Doc's traditional "role" better, we are left in the cold with regard to PvP atm, when facing GTH and it's disabling effect leaving us without anything left.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Retired Doc Professional
    i think its time FC hears another long rant about gth
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i think its time FC hears another long rant about gth
    It's always time!

I guess I'll post again.

The Doctor Special Edition Ofab Helmet is the only SE helmet which lacks the Penultimate model. Every other profession's SE helmet uses the upgrated model which really gives it a unique look.

Current SE Helmet

Correct SE Helmet

Again, this is a small bug but one that should be fixed. I feel like I'm the only one who cares, I'm a stickler for small details I guess . Original Thread

I gotta say that I prefer the looks of the current SE helmet...
    I've even kinda grown to like it...

New enhanced epsilon purge that rips off team blockers

Another visual bug...

The Left and Right hand pistols are not aligned properly, they seem to share the same alignment as the BoBs which makes them look very unnaturally held.

Will try to post a pic in the morning.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by elfroobo View Post
    Another visual bug...

The Left and Right hand pistols are not aligned properly, they seem to share the same alignment as the BoBs which makes them look very unnaturally held.

Will try to post a pic in the morning.
    you mean how they kind of slant a little bit?

thats gettin kinda picky
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

maybe, but its a consistent gripe nonetheless, it was horrible on BoBs, its "ok" on Shens but not good, and bad on the pistols. The problem is that the way it was explained to me, the weapons share the attitude rating, ie, FC can't set it on them separately.

In which case it would be nice to see it straightened a bit. But yeah, this and the SE helmet texture would be terrible things to take up real "we need this" karma on if it cost us some other fix.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    maybe, but its a consistent gripe nonetheless, it was horrible on BoBs, its "ok" on Shens but not good, and bad on the pistols. The problem is that the way it was explained to me, the weapons share the attitude rating, ie, FC can't set it on them separately.

In which case it would be nice to see it straightened a bit. But yeah, this and the SE helmet texture would be terrible things to take up real "we need this" karma on if it cost us some other fix.
    except thats because the right and left hand for the bob/shen sticks is the same model. there are 2 pistols, one right and one left.

I have to say for the combined content of Dread/LE and the PvP nanos, I am sorely dissappointed in the lack of MR in the OFAB gear. Considering this was meant to be rewards (through BS higher VPs) to our fighting the factions and the use of the (better) nanos w/the DOC pistols, I half expected to see MR listed int he Ofab gear as an assist for us docs (hint hint, get the ofab to help get second pistol on to go fight more PvP in BS to win more for your side)

As also, the OFAB is to be not so great as AI gear, but a viable second, and it is missing a critical (D-blue) element to support our reason to wear the pistols.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh
    So... In this scenario I would vote for a Doc tag on the coveted Silverback mk6 or something similar being introduced for Doc's.
    Sadly it doesn't fix the problem, I'll be out of action for a full minute after being hit with GTH either way. It would be like getting a lollipop as comfort for the leg you just had amputated
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

you mean how they kind of slant a little bit?

thats gettin kinda picky
    Yes, I know they are not serious problems, but by mentioning them I'm hoping they will be fixed before I die.

First doc priorities like defences against GTH and a PvP update for EP and UBT have already been mentioned.

Don't forget GTH on bugs/issues

(Negative nanodelta must be a bug, GTH's effect on us is an issue)

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Don't forget GTH on bugs/issues

(Negative nanodelta must be a bug, GTH's effect on us is an issue)
    sorry buddy. as much as we might not like it, the effects are on purpose. just look at the db rip

sorry buddy. as much as we might not like it, the effects are on purpose. just look at the db rip
    Well, let me rephrase: The effects of negative nano delta must be a bug

Ofc, I could reset psy and not feel it's effect at all

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Sadly it doesn't fix the problem, I'll be out of action for a full minute after being hit with GTH either way. It would be like getting a lollipop as comfort for the leg you just had amputated
    Agree...

Allthough with an AS option we would at least still be able to annoy people, instead of resigning to a corner hiding until GTH has run out, or get killed just to get back in action a little faster.

A viable AS option is not my top priority at all... I'd prefer to be able to stick with my pistols and Blaze DoT.
    I'd much rather see FC implement some of the numerous other "fixes" that have been put forth with regard to GTH, but in case they don't want to implement any of those, I'd like to see a viable AS option.

So I just came up with this. Many dreadloch weapons have procs. Dshark has snare, shens heal eff debuff. Maybe doc should have procs on pistols too? Just no more init debuffs ofc. Suggestion coming from me obviously means I'd love to see some kind of DD proc
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Retired Doc Professional
    reordered some things based on some feedback i received.

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    So I just came up with this. Many dreadloch weapons have procs. Dshark has snare, shens heal eff debuff. Maybe doc should have procs on pistols too? Just no more init debuffs ofc. Suggestion coming from me obviously means I'd love to see some kind of DD proc
    DD proc ... hmm...

How about a proc, with % scaled from ie 1-10% based off your pharma skill (a trained pharmascist probably knows a thing or two about the body and could probably spot weaknesses while shooting) that will temporarily add AS to one of the pistols for 1-4 seconds, giving you a window of opportunity.
    Ofc, AS skill will lock as normal

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast