Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of Needs and Wants

Retired Doc Professional

List of Needs and Wants

Since the former list was very old, I've decided to make a new one rather than spend more time editing the former list. This is meant as an update to Old Suggestions thread. It should also be noted that this list is in a general order, starting with our most pressing issues first.

Doctor Issue, Suggestion, and Want List

Red = Urgent
    Orange = Attention Needed
    Yellow = Please Consider (Less serious problem or content suggestion)
    Green = Older issue, but still a problem
    Gray = Issue suspended

1. Problem:
      Doctors need an anti-zerg mechanism.

In PvM, enforcers, and even a few other classes have ways of keeping aggro off a doctor so he can perform his job. In a mass pvp environment, there is nothing to hinder a person or group of people from focus-firing on the doctor. Doctors need a way to be able to survive zerg-like environments in order to do what we were meant to do - heal.

Solution
      *A way to tie a doctor's hp to a teammate's hp
      *A mass-pvp reflect designed to give us time to heal others and not worry about ourselves (Either like AMS or NS/NS2)
      *A short reflect with a very large damage-return to an attacker
      *Another way for a doctor to "lose" aggro, or for an attacker to be deterred from attacking a doc.

2. Problem:
      Doctor's Damage-reduction tools are less effective

With more and more damage being done by perks, our original place in pvp (to slow down and/or hinder damage) has become less effective. Doctors need additional ways to hinder damage.

Solution
      * A perk or pulsing NCU nano to interrupt perk actions. (Like a stun, that only affects perks.)
      * A way to debuff perk/special attack time.

3. Problem:
      Doctors need help landing DoTs in high-level PvP

Doctors, in high level pvp, can run into trouble landing DoTs, which are our main form of offense.improving the chance for the doctor to land his DoTs would help both in speeding up doctor pvp slightly and also to help our offense more without actually upping our damage. It would also help our defense (because we have to spend less time DoTTing, and can heal more).

Solution
      What we need:
      * A large matter creation buff - preferred (this would come as a 215+ doctor nanodeck nano.)
      * Lower the defense check on some of the top dots
      * Add another dot with a lower resist check
      * Maybe a nano that allows docs to debuff nanoresist?

4. Problem:
      Doctors main PvP and PvM damage line is being overwritten by MP Dots

Doctors were given a few new PvP dots in the C line. We also have many more good PvM dots in the C line. But, this line, even aptly named "Doc line C" has 2 MP dots in it that have a higher stacking order than ours. This doesn't make sense at all and is a big hindrance to our damage in general.

Solution
      What we need:
      * Move the MP Dots to their own line
      * Move them to the less-used NT Dot line
      * Make their stacking order less than any of the doctor Dots.

5. Problem:
      Doctors need new, fun, innovative content.

We've become nothing more than healmonkies. PvP or PvM with a doc can get very boring because of how long and drawn out things get.

Solution
      What we need:
      * This List is a player-suggested list of some of our most outrageous and innovative ideas.
      * This list contains no real numbers, only pure ideas to "****e up" our profession.

6. Problem:
      Old RK Lines have lost value.

With more inits, more damage, and bigger alphas, older RK doctor lines, like the UBT line, the A and B DoT lines, and the short and long HP buff lines have become less influential.

Solution
      What we need:
      * A new RK DoT (for sub-200s)
      * A new improved Epsilon purge
      * A new long HP Buff?

7. Problem:
      Doctors have no defense when stunned.

With more and more stuns making it ingame, professions with passive defensive abilities, like evade profs, gain a distinct advantage because their defenses do not "quit" when stunned. A doctor cannot heal himself when stunned. It is simple, then, to kill a doc - just stun him.

Solution
      What we need:
      * An item or nano that adds a significant amount to stun resistance.

8. Problem:
      Doctors need more nano init to be able to go full defense

The inherent problem with casting classes is that you cannot do good damage and have a defense at the same time. Therefore, if a doctor DoTs, he has no defense. To compensate for this, doctors should be able to go full defense, so that evades, nano resist, etc. actually mean something to our class. Most doctors these days run around with around 2800 nano init, which is not nearly enough to go full defense.

Solution
      What we need:
      * A nano, item, perk that gives a huge buff to nano init. (note: read this post by DoctorHyde on optimal nanoinit)
      * A way for our nano init. over 1200 to matter more. Reduce or remove the 1/3rd effectiveness.
      * A reduction in the casting time for Bodily Invigoration and other heals.
      Note: This could come at a cost.... for example: +10% nano cost, -15% heal effiency, etc.

9. Problem:
      Doctors have no defense against GTH

Doctors have the ability to resist or remove almost every debuff or hostile nano ingame. Grand Theft Humidity is an exception to this - there is no way to counter or get around it. This means that a few seconds into it being landed, the doc is most likely dead, or at the very best useless for the duration. Not giving docs the ability to remove this nano is like taking away evades, nano, and weaponskills on a fixer for a minute. Its like taking all weapon specials and perks away from a soldier for a minute. It leaves our class, which is defined by healing, unable to heal. Perk heals are not the answer to this, because alphas are getting larger, and our perk heals aren't getting larger or shorter in duration.

Solution
      What we need:
      * A perk that we can use to remove it.
      * Shorten the duration, and add it to the list of things removable by a virus scanner
      * Keep it as it is, but shorten the duration. The aftereffects still hurt.
      * Remove the -nano delta for docs, as we have no nano regain things as NTs do.

Click here for the doctor bug list.
    Note that the bug list is a list of design flaws; stuff that isn't functioning as it was intended. This list is for things that are functioning correctly but pose a problem to doctors.

Last edited by Kazeran; Feb 24th, 2016 at 15:41:43. Reason: Symbs have more weapon support, EP has been redone.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Retired Doc Professional
    reserving this post for use or comments.
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Is this the right place to ask for AoE dots?
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    never gonna happen

GJ on the list Mmba.

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    Hehe no i dont think we'll ever see an aoe dot. But maybe some sort of aoe UBT would be approperiate
    Last edited by Blondenurse; Nov 17th, 2007 at 19:58:47.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

I find myself agreeing with the above list
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Retired Doc Professional
    Please look over everything ive posted. If theres something that definately should be added to this list, post it here. Also, make sure that my suggestions are spot-on and not wrong or missing anything.

(this list is for general gameplay fixes, for true suggestions, visit my other thread.)

Stun resistance?
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Stun resistance?
    ah right, forgot about that one. ill add it as an orange problem tomorrow.

bump for the aoe ubt... or a improved one, basically all classes can negate ubt without changes or sliding agg/def bar (except docs ofc -.-)
    My 217 Doc rawr Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    {Originally Posted by Rak
    WTB your definition of real pvpers}
    "tab,1234567890;Shift+2,1234567890!!!"

Or for NT: Tab,11;tab,11;tab,11!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
    -.-

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoman View Post
    bump for the aoe ubt... or a improved one, basically all classes can negate ubt without changes or sliding agg/def bar (except docs ofc -.-)
    wrong post, take it over to the other suggestion thread.

Awesome list. I'm in agreement on all of it, except for Epsilon Purge. While the 200% NR check is a bit excessive, dropping it below 100% would turn it into our main attack nano (my opinion only) and I'm pretty sure that's not the intended purpose of it. Looking at the nano carefully, it removes up to 5 buffs *of each school* so that would be pretty OP, especially when you factor in the limit on it of only buffs that are 35 NCU or lower. Personally, I think it would be a better pill to swallow if we asked for it to drop to 125-150% instead.

Oh, thought of one thing about us being Pistol users: perhaps asking for us to have access to Exterminator Symbiants as well as Support would be an easier pill to swallow, since those already have Pistol in them.

~tosses in 5 creds~

~takes change~
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoman View Post
    *chimes in cause of Jolynn directing to this thread*

and except for Agents :P trying to CH with UBT + mimic debuff is terrible even in full agg.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    Awesome list. I'm in agreement on all of it, except for Epsilon Purge. While the 200% NR check is a bit excessive, dropping it below 100% would turn it into our main attack nano (my opinion only) and I'm pretty sure that's not the intended purpose of it. Looking at the nano carefully, it removes up to 5 buffs *of each school* so that would be pretty OP, especially when you factor in the limit on it of only buffs that are 35 NCU or lower. Personally, I think it would be a better pill to swallow if we asked for it to drop to 125-150% instead.
    i disagree. it is not about what we think is overpowered or not. all i can suggest is numbers to make it fair. 85% NR would be mathematically equal to a doc if the attack skills stayed 50% ts and 50% si. its not like we're dealing with bm/mm/pm here.

if fc considers it a valid part of our toolset, then theres nothing wrong with fixing the nano to make it work again

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i disagree. it is not about what we think is overpowered or not. all i can suggest is numbers to make it fair.
    Hey, that's fine. You asked us to speak up and I have. I agree that the 200% NR check is too much. You're the one that has to take our opinions to FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

i disagree. it is not about what we think is overpowered or not. all i can suggest is numbers to make it fair. 85% NR would be mathematically equal to a doc if the attack skills stayed 50% ts and 50% si. its not like we're dealing with bm/mm/pm here.

if fc considers it a valid part of our toolset, then theres nothing wrong with fixing the nano to make it work again
    Though I'm not a doctor, I do have epsilon purge uploaded on my Agent, and you're right, it's terrible to land, and I probably have more TS/SI than a doc has. ~1150 each in Mimic Doc self buffed. (I forget how much doc really needs, but I know it's not a lot.) I do agree with Jolynn though at Epsilon Purge would become a main staple of what a doc does to people when they start the fight, and Epsilon Purge *is* pretty powerful shall it land. I think probably more like 100%-125% would be good, lower does kinda make it like "eep, doc gonna EP me" I don't think Epsilon Purge is the type of nano that should be landed the majority of the time on those you cast it on. To me it sounds more like "If you want to take the shot to remove their buffs, you can try" type of a nano.

I do know also for a fact it's not "impossible" to land, just "extremely difficult and takes many tries" as I've landed it myself before on other players. Prob a bit harder for a doc as I said yeah, but obviously my AR with EP isn't that great either compared with the NR people have these days. Anyway I'm cool with it workin' and all, at a 100% NR check I think it would, 100% nr increases your chances by well... 100% :P

Note an Edit: I think also if it were 100% NR check instead of 200%, that alone would get some doctors raising their SI/TS, and obviously we'd see EP landing more often. If you're going by the current numbers, yeah 75% or something seems more fair, but you have to account for the increase that people are gonna raise their si/ts skills by (if they can find the ip to do so.)
    Last edited by Perin; Nov 19th, 2007 at 22:21:45.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

110-125% and it won't land ever anyways, and "noone" will bother to up ts/si to make it land, just won't be worth the IP for most.

85% and it's decently fair, but then it gets OP for those who decide they want to up TS/SI to make it land.
    That's however not an option if you want to have IP for other things.

Making it PM/MM however @ 125% would be the best balanced attack/resist imo, and ofc lower recharge.

[*] Problem:
    Doctors have no defense against GTH

Doctors have the ability to resist or remove almost every debuff or hostile nano ingame. Grand Theft Humidity is an exception to this - there is no way to counter or get around it. This means that a few seconds into it being landed, the doc is most likely dead, or at the very best useless for the duration. Not giving docs the ability to remove this nano is like taking away evades on a fixer for a minute. Its like taking all weapon specials and perks away from a soldier for a minute. It leaves our class, which is defined by healing, unable to heal. Perk heals are not the answer to this, because alphas are getting larger, and our perk heals aren't getting larger or shorter in duration.

Solution
    What we need:
    * A perk that we can use to remove it.
    * Add it to the list of things removable by a virus scanner
    I would actually like to add to this one... I have chosen to go the route of using Dr. Blazes dot, and in that case the following statements are nearer to my situation, when hit with GTH:
    Not giving docs the ability to remove this nano is like taking away evades, nano and weaponskills on a fixer for a minute.
    Why? Because when hit with GTH I have neither defense, nor offense for that minute... A doc do not have the AR to make normal hits and fling/burst hit in any way resembling a meaningfull offense.

In the soldier example, you would have to add nanoskills removed as well, else the soldiers main defense would still remain intact, which is not the case for a Doc.

With regard to virus scanners:
    Virus scanner only works if not in fight, and 1 minute is a very long time to be disabled in PvP. I often find people keep me targetted (and thereby technically in fight) long after I've run away from them and out of sight... even out of range.
    Heck, I do that myself often. Especially when meched up to keep track of whether that person is coming back or where he/she is going. I can still TAB to check if someone else is nearby, so I have nothing to loose by doing it.

In my opinion a fair solution would be one of the following:
    * A perk that we can use to remove it on target, leaving effect on trader.
    * Half the duration on target and add it to the list of things removable by a virus scanner.
    * As easy to land as now but shorter duration, 10 seconds or so (remember aftereffects still affects us with regard to nanoregain)
    * Change mechanic for docs, so it may remove all nano instantly, but not reverse nanodelta. Doc's do not have any uber nanoregain perks/nano's and whatever like NT's do afaik.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'm not sure stun resistance is needed. I think stuns are pretty balanced as it is, and some of them are even removable with free movement stims.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Retired Doc Professional
    added your stuff mekh.

avari, im gonna leave the stuns up... some see it as an issue, but its not "urgent" (hence the orange.) its better to let fc weed out the stuff we dont need, imo, if thats how they feel.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast