Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: PLEASE make the game more PvP oriented!

read my sig...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Wanna force me to PvP in this game?

Fine, Y'all gotta roleplay in the game.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

gah... honestly its not worth keeping this thred going.

Some of us try to come up with a system that would let the PvP'ers PvP all over, but leave those who dont wanna alone...

And what do we get? people that is NOT reading the thred befor replying, or somehow dont understand the idea, or dont want to.
    People who only think of them self...

Its all wery simple...

Make it so that PvP'ers Can where ever, IF thouse to do so...
    Let us have our War!!!
    And let the rest play under the normal ruleset with gas zones,
    So they can farm XP till they get board to death, and pick up PvP like the rest of us did...

BOY!, that's realy gonna make it hard on the none PvPer's!!!
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Right, just my view on this.

At the moment Apart from the backstory, Omni's have no reason to hate clanners and vice versa, but we also have no reason to want peace either. People want to pvp more, others don't want to at all, I think no -one has a problem with RP'ing, but this game and a lot of the people that people that play don't encourage this IMO.

How about drawing some parralells between our Out of character motivations and our in character motivations.

People who want to fight the opposing side - Those who want war

People who just want to pvm and be able to team with whoever - the people that want peace

People who grief and gank and take pleasure in ruining anothers experiance - the criminals / mercenaries

Once you view your player base like this it will help us all be able to rp more and become emersed.

I have pvp'd about 4 times in my 10 months on rubi -ka and died miserbly each time, but to be honest I'm dissapointed that I've never really been attacked in a pvp zone, or been able to shoot up the clanners camping neleb or whatever. Maybe there should be no loss of xp when dieing in pvp, to ease the pain of being ganked when you come out of a mission or something.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Originally posted by Sarv
    gah... honestly its not worth keeping this thred going.

Some of us try to come up with a system that would let the PvP'ers PvP all over, but leave those who dont wanna alone...

And what do we get? people that is NOT reading the thred befor replying, or somehow dont understand the idea, or dont want to.
    People who only think of them self...

Its all wery simple...

Make it so that PvP'ers Can where ever, IF thouse to do so...
    Let us have our War!!!
    And let the rest play under the normal ruleset with gas zones,
    So they can farm XP till they get board to death, and pick up PvP like the rest of us did...

BOY!, that's realy gonna make it hard on the none PvPer's!!!

that is the thing that confuses me the most... a lot of PvPers are very adiment about not wanting the people who don't want to fight stand on the sidelines... I'm not sure why.... all I can come up with is that they want to be able to get the easy kills too. A player who is not interested in and not prepared for PvP won't even be a fun fight for two reasons...

1) he will die quickly
    2) he won't fight back.. he will only run...

Ironically, yesterday, I was at tarasque.. a level 76 person clanner came running by me screaming "I am here to fight tarasque or die trying"... so when he ran down the stairs.. I decided it was time to grant his wish.. he died in like 4 shots.. I felt evil...

I can't imagine what would happen if that person had not wanted to fight and had been xping for over an hour.... well odds are he would be closer to cancelling his account.. 4 shots he was dead... and he had 0 chance to beat me.

Originally posted by Warlock
    Wanna force me to PvP in this game?

Fine, Y'all gotta roleplay in the game.
    No one forces you to pvp. Yet, I'm forced to pvm. How rp and pvp can be the opposite sides of a coin is beyond me.

All the nerfing of pvp in this game + booster pack with pvp towers leads me to believe it's just a marketing thing. Pvpers will be forced to buy booster pack to pvp. Or be happy with 2ho/camelot.

If I was the devious type, I'd organize every pvper in this game to establish towers throughout all of Rubi Ka and make the entire wilderness 25%. There have been many ideas thrown out on how to seperate pvp from pvm. But for some reason, carebears dont like them. Even though they wouldn't affect them at all. So maybe if we did make most of Rubi-Ka 25%, they'd be stuck in Rompas or Reets..bored I guess. Then you can see what it's like for those of us who are ****ing bored out of our minds pvming with pretty much no where to pvp now.

Originally posted by Thoughtless

that is the thing that confuses me the most... a lot of PvPers are very adiment about not wanting the people who don't want to fight stand on the sidelines... I'm not sure why.... all I can come up with is that they want to be able to get the easy kills too. A player who is not interested in and not prepared for PvP won't even be a fun fight for two reasons...

1) he will die quickly
    2) he won't fight back.. he will only run...

Ironically, yesterday, I was at tarasque.. a level 76 person clanner came running by me screaming "I am here to fight tarasque or die trying"... so when he ran down the stairs.. I decided it was time to grant his wish.. he died in like 4 shots.. I felt evil...

I can't imagine what would happen if that person had not wanted to fight and had been xping for over an hour.... well odds are he would be closer to cancelling his account.. 4 shots he was dead... and he had 0 chance to beat me.
    Ehem... how does that have ENYTHING what so ever with my last post??? realy???

Look... its all very very very very vert simple... if a lvl 75 ~ 100 Runs into a multi high lvl fight (Camelot or 2Ho) he's begging to die. Maybe it felt evil to kill him in 4 shots, but hey... he was a clanner and u a omni... and it was HIS OWN choise to go in there, well knowing he would die.
    Personaly i dont shoot people under lvl 100, unless its a big fight, and i can se them fireing at other Omnis. Cuz then they know its comming!

Secondly, i dont mind people wanthing on the sideline, but they should know that by doing so, they risk dieing, even tho they was not there to fight...
    If u dont wanna die, dont go to a zone with 25% gas or lower...
    Thats not to hard is it?

What i want, is a system that would allow me, and others willing, to actualy be in a state of war... I.e. free PvP all over.

But what I DONT want is free PvP all over forced on every 1, if u dont want to, u shouldn't be forced to, or risk the ganking.

Erlyer in this wery thred, we came up with a system for this, that i think could work. might be worth reading and comment on, instaed of just thinking u know what PvP'ers want or dont want.

Look... WE DO NOT WANT TO GANK EVERY LOW LVL IN THE GAME!!!
    just to have the war, that is the story behind it...

damn i hope people get it this time...
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

I think it might be nice, game preference (pvp/pvm) balancewise if:

-There were seperated pvp zones

-There were only CERTAIN times when town suppression was dropped..a poster above made a good point that someone can constantly 'chase' one target and keep killing him as he spawns which is definately a bad idea for pvp..So these days 'RP pvp events' are ARKs spawning in 2ho..very lame. make the event a short period, maybe 3 or 4 hours of 25% suppression. I don't think or see why that would cause people to quit, honestly. Youy see these headlines in 'AO news' what are they made from? If you think about it there really isn't anything, its just generated randomly or submitted by players, in the end abseloutley nothing happened or was accomplished.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Peisinoe

No one forces you to pvp. Yet, I'm forced to pvm. How rp and pvp can be the opposite sides of a coin is beyond me. -snip-
    Ok I saw this coming and could have avoided it if I'd added some more detail, but I didnt have time so here we are.

I'm not suggesting that PvP and RP are opposites, nor am I suggesting that if this thread was implimented in the game non-PvP'ers would suddenly be forced to PvP.

My point is this....

People want more PvP in game as the game is supposedly about a war.

The game is also supposedly a RPG (as in MMORPG) so asking for more RPG in game is an equally valid suggestion.

Basically the PvP'ers shouldnt be suprised if their wishes come true, but a hefty RPG 'price tag' is attached (i.e. RP'ed war as opposed to just more 25/0% zones for mindless killing all in the name of one faction or another) or a heft RPG 'price tag' is attached to the 'non PvP' areas of the game.

Becareful what you wish for, you may get it, and the price may be more than you are willing to pay
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456