Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE make the game more PvP oriented!

No it could not be eksploited since with the Chip in u would be under the current PVP rule set... I.e. going into camelot, a 25% zone, u would be open for combat just like u are today...

remove the chip = Open PvP Everywhere...

Keep the chip in = u are under current PvP rules, I.e. all current PvP zones would still be PvP, so no eksploits on that part.
    Last edited by Sarv; Sep 13th, 2002 at 20:57:37.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Originally posted by Centurion3
    And in return, funcom shouldnt add anything in an pvp zone that you HAVE to go to... like it is now, you dont need to go to an 25% zone...
    That would be fine with me.

Add an option to mission terms that filters out 25% zones.

Don't say Clicksaver, as they could nerf that any day .

But really...until the 25% zones we HAVE contain more than 4 people, there's no need for more. With all these people who seem to like PvP, why is 2ho a ghost zone?

EDIT:
    The #1 effect of PvP: nerf threads
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=51275
    Last edited by Rogoff; Sep 13th, 2002 at 17:57:15.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Re: Well

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    I believe for those who don't wanna pvp . They should be neutrals. Make them untouchable by another player untill they join a side or enter an arena. However , If they team with an omni or clan member they can be attacked as long as they are in team.

so tradeskills people with absolutely no offensive capability other than pets should all be neutral?

so Docs who are just primary should not be allowed, since the only way they should leave the city is with an entourage....

I made my statement for the reason that I have one of each.... I have a doc, primarily set up to be a healer and healer only... I have an apprentice soldier... Now I'd be ticked if I were travelling somewhere and someone killed my doc, who can't even fight back...

To me that's an empty victory... but I don't know a single PvP who wouldn't take the free kill...

Also... for a real world example, there is never a time when everyone from a country, area, etc. ALL support a war... much less all fight in it.... Wars are for the military... there are still other citizens, who may even protest the war! In fact in history, the American Civil War and also wars in Britain, Spain, Rome... etc... was characterized with people who would go, JUST TO WATCH THE BATTLE.... they were people who supported one side or another, but were not a part of the war...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

This voulenteer pvp thingy item would be way to easily exploited... the fun in camelot is the pvp combat, if both sides used these chips it'd just be about outdamaging the others against the Tarasque.

And during an guild event one side could send in people with chips to scout the enemy locations...

I dont want to see one of those chips, items, options or whatever... war is war, if you dont want to fight, dont go into an war zone. And in return, funcom shouldnt add anything in an pvp zone that you HAVE to go to... like it is now, you dont need to go to an 25% zone...
    Yalms red out inside dungeons/missions/camelot....

Chips could do the same... so your excuse is lame for a reason not to have them...

Just say it out loud.. you enjoy killing an unarmed tradeskill person who is 100 levels lower than you.

Also... yes, you don't HAVE to go into a 25% zone, but it would be more fun if there were fights in Omni-1... Athens, Newland... etc...

25% zones can be left as is for all, for all I care... but let people insert a chip to fight anywhere... Then you'd have a better PvP system with fewer title huggers.

oh yeah... well I still think it could be exploited.. for isntance send in 2 without chip and 10 with chip, then it would be close to impossible to target the one who is attacking you between everyone else... but maybe it could be done...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

you know

This kinda sounds like it came from neocron .

I think the neutral idea is better.
    However, if a neutral is in a pvp area you should be able to attack them.

Re: you know

This kinda sounds like it came from neocron .

I think the neutral idea is better.
    However, if a neutral is in a pvp area you should be able to attack them.
    by storyline, neutrals are not trusted by Omni or Clans.... so it wouldn't seem to make sense that they would be exempt... plus there are a few Neuts that would be pretty mad if they were banned from PvP...

The idea, while incorporated in Neocron... has been kicked around on these boards a lot since the beginning of the game...

The idea of the chip is a lot more neocronesque... but I have seen people ask for a way to turn PvP off a lot.

and it's always the same response.... don't go in the zone then... I have actually had a few friends quit from being ganked in 2h0 while in their yalms... currently PvP is a little silly because since the beginning of the game it has been all duels and camping grid/whompa points for unsuspecting kills...

Camelot seems to be the only real PvP in the game, besides and occasional 2h0 battle...

This is one reason I'd like to see PvP stretch to the streets of Omni-1 and the streets of Athens and Tir...

oh yeah... well I still think it could be exploited.. for isntance send in 2 without chip and 10 with chip, then it would be close to impossible to target the one who is attacking you between everyone else... but maybe it could be done...
    Honestly.. thats just lame...

u have a crowd, 10 cant attack, 2 can...
    If u are blind, and missing right arm then maybe its hard to target the attackers...

But else, how easy is it to pick out the 2 that are shooting... move your mouse over the person, click and hit Q?

This might even add to the fun... OWW OWW i have to move the mouse, and actualy look at other parts then the top, right corner of the screen.

+ it would add the elemet of surprice...
    u could do a Hit and run...

Or... u could just actuave auto attack Vs. player's maybe?

not a valid excuse bro...

Well

I can see it now ..
    Before we kill dragon we put in the chip .

I think removing the option of being a pvp target if fair however, it should not be easy to switch back and forth.

Angry

The Chip is only for those Wanting extreme PvP, I.e. PvP in 100% of the zone, shops and citys...

the rest, with chip, would be Under the current PvP and Gas rules..
    Last edited by Sarv; Sep 13th, 2002 at 20:58:37.

LittleTotem

If u think its a bad idea, plz do tell me why, that would give me a chance to explain something, or add something, or rethink parts of it...
    Last edited by Sarv; Sep 13th, 2002 at 20:59:30.

LOL. very nice

Originally posted by Sarv

So... u tell me is a bad idea... that ok, fine... but tell me why plz?
    Because people will find way to exploit it anyway they can. There is not penalty for being in a safe zone while others take risks (IE: the chip). Maybe if they lowed xp for those with this chip it. MAYBE..I have read this post and bout everything posted today. Look round. You'll see that!!
    Last edited by Wahoo.; Sep 13th, 2002 at 21:26:00.

Re: Well

I can see it now ..
    Before we kill dragon we put in the chip .

I think removing the option of being a pvp target if fair however, it should not be easy to switch back and forth.
    I 100% completely agree with that....

I don't think anyone would want it to be exploitable!

Even though within your post, you specifically cover Camelot, Sarv...

I could see someone hanging out in a store and clicking to remove it, as to get a jump on someone who's running around in Omni-med trying to install the new implants they just bought... (it would be really bad to have no AC and no implants and no weapon equipped and be killed by someone and have a set of QL200 implants stolen :/

There would have to be some rules for equipping or de-equipping the item, so that you can't camp people who are at a time of defenselessness and then remove it.

My suggestion is to incorporate a special Surgery Machine which would be the only thing that could be used to make yourself PvP able in all zones. This should be placed near elite guards, so no one can camp people using the machine. Who knows...

I would like to see a good old street fight....

I can't even count the number of times I've seen a new player running through Omni-Ent shouting "Clanner ATTACK in trade!!!" and then seeing someone else shout "we can't do anything about it, it's a 75% zone".... I mean what's the fun in that.. and for the new player he has to think, that's really dumb...

Re: LOL. very nice

ok .. why .. Because people will find way to exploit it anyway they can.
    ehem... correct me if ime wrong... but whont people exploit enything thay can? no matter what it is?

Basikly what u are saying is:
    Dont make ENYTHING new in AO at all... people will jusy exploit it.

There is not penalty for being in a safe zone while others take risks (IE: the chip). Maybe if they lowed xp for those with this chip it.
    a Valid point... but still of topic... this has nothing to do about penalty's. this is about weather or not u want to be PvP'ed everywhere or not.

If u want to. great, join the war... ITS YOUR CHOISE!

If not.. that's ok... u leave the chip in, and Play AO like it has always been.
    Last edited by Sarv; Sep 13th, 2002 at 21:00:23.

Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by Demono

My suggestion is to incorporate a special Surgery Machine which would be the only thing that could be used to make yourself PvP able in all zones. This should be placed near elite guards, so no one can camp people using the machine. Who knows...
    This right here is a good idea.( above)

Also the players which are full pvp should be able to be Identified at a glance. Maybe, make tab pick them up but, set this in options as well.

Re: Re: Re: Well

This right here is a good idea.( above)

Also the players which are full pvp should be able to be Identified at a glance. Maybe, make tab pick them up but, set this in options as well.
    post their hit point bars in a different color maybe??

Smile

Demono...

i like the idea of useing a machine to both take it in and out... would remove the camping off defenceless a bit...

and another thing... to make it easyer to know who is 100% PvP open u could change the color of their name from white to something else. (red?)
    would make it easy to know who is open and who is not.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by Demono

post their hit point bars in a different color maybe??
    Or make there name Red?
    Pretty much anything which makes them standout. Also they should be rewarded in some way for taking the extra risk!!

LOL

Originally posted by Sarv
    Demono...

i like the idea of useing a machine to both take it in and out... would remove the camping off defenceless a bit...

and another thing... to make it easyer to know who is 100% PvP open u could change the color of their name from white to something else. (red?)
    would make it easy to know who is open and who is not.
    To funny .. the name idea..
    We had the same thought on that one.

yeah... hihi

about the extra risk...

i dont se it that way... well, sure its a extra risk, but it's also extra fun, with is enuf for me to remove it...

i think, makeing the "100% PvP'ers" have advanteges would be a bad idea, since it would somewhat force those who dont want to PvP into removeing it...

I think it should be PvP, and risk for the fun and exsitement of it, rather then for XP bonus or what ever it could be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast