Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divest and plunder stacking

Angry .

I was in a mission today and was divested and plundered for -208 and -198 for a total of -406 attack rating. Thank God I had the mob almost dead by the time those two were cast on me or I would have been dead.

So many nanos are NOT stackable... WHY do you let these be stackable? This makes traders pretty much undefeatable in pvp and totally unbalances the game. But the thing that makes me the saddest is that you idiots at fundum won't even look at this post so I'm just going on and on for nothing.

Sorry, but I just had to rant.

There's a huge list of complaints I have but I have neither the patience or the stomach to list them now. Good night.

Ah, have faith, andthensome. There has been such a hue and cry raised about this very issue that I believe something will be done about it fairly soon. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Come on Post your suggestions maybe one day your Grand children will get to play with the changes you posted here.

Question

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    Ah, have faith, andthensome. There has been such a hue and cry raised about this very issue that I believe something will be done about it fairly soon. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.
    And what would you suggest?

Given that the Trader profession is built round these nano lines and that ransacks and plunders already have a 190% nano resist modifier, I can't really think what else can be reasonably done without a major nerfing of this profession.

It could be worse, the MOB AI could cast these at the *start* of a fight...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Yeah, as if the Devs read these posts

Originally posted by andthensome
    I'm so sick and tired of good ideas just get washed away with the nonchalant apathy devs seem to have towards these posts.

I was in a mission today and was divested and plundered for -208 and -198 for a total of -406 attack rating. Thank God I had the mob almost dead by the time those two were cast on me or I would have been dead.

So many nanos are NOT stackable... WHY do you let these be stackable? This makes traders pretty much undefeatable in pvp and totally unbalances the game. But the thing that makes me the saddest is that you idiots at fundum won't even look at this post so I'm just going on and on for nothing.

Sorry, but I just had to rant.

There's a huge list of complaints I have but I have neither the patience or the stomach to list them now. Good night.
    You know what? I don't care.

I play a Trader. I go through the 4 - 6 recasts in order to get one stinking plunder on an even con mob, even if I've already landed a divest. I go through refreshing my divest/plunders every 2m 30s so they don't run out (which means I might finish off 1 mob before having to refresh them). As a Trader I go through more pain using Divest/Plunder nanoformulas than most other professions go through with any of their nanos. And post like this make me say one thing:

I am not going to sit around while people running full agg/def with minor investment in nanoresist screw up the Divest/Plunder line.

You want to be a defensive player? Then when you PROVE you've made the investment necessary to be a defensive player and still claim to have trouble resisting them, I'll listen. Like a defensive MA player having invested fully in Evades, including the full implant cluster sets to match their IP investment, and running full def. But if you're another "I want to hit every second, not invest in nanoresist and still block every nanoformula out there" Nerf the Traders complainer, here's your first opponent...
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I heard a really good suggestion somewhere on here...
    The suggestion was to let the divest and plunder lines give negative attack rating, rather than negatives to skills.

It is really sad that these are so overpowered. -400 to skills kills any class at any level... it takes away most nanos (my lvl 172 soldier has 700 in his highest nano skill category).... In addition is significantly overequips most weapons.... it also overequips all pets.....

The one shining glory of it is that the plunder is 190% nano resist... so you should be easily able to build up a resistance to it.

now here comes my plug against the damage nerf (50% dmg and 40% max damage in PvP)

there are a few classes that have these overpowered nanos... those are Doctors (-20dmg and -1400 init.... as well as +10001 heal)..... Traders (debuffs)..... MP's (Nano Shutdown)... Fixers (Grid Armor MKIV)....

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind... Unfortunately for some classes (SOLDIERS)... they were supposed to live by their damage... the damage which isn't considerably more than any other class...
    Just another reason that 50% dmg has hurt Nano-Techs and Soldiers more than any other class in the game (coincidentally two of the classes in need of a fix).
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Maybe you whiners should consider implanting and investing in nano resist. with fully implanted and maxed you do resist alot.

THis thread is like saying: "nerf novas! they do 1k damage to me when im running around nakked!"
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Arrow Cmon everyone, get on the nerf train!

Nerf

Nerf

Nerf Nerf

Nerf Nerf Nerf

Nerf Nerf Nerf, Nerf Nerf Nerf

Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf, Nerf Nerf!

Delete traders and let them reroll. Less hassle, more fair to traders.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

One of them, I believe the plunder, has a 190% NR. If you're properly setup for defense, resisting the plunder is easier than you think.

They don't need to be nerfed. They've already suffered from FunCom taking their HoTs away from them
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Darkbane
    And what would you suggest?
    ..Raise nanoresist

Traders has been nerfed more than enough, with the heals/teamheals. Traders could sustitute for docs earlier. No longer. I know my old trader DIES if he tosses out two teamheals. And that's from the DoT alone. Not even taking heal/aggro into the picture here....

Read Kuroshio's post very closely.

The only problem I have with Divest/Plunder are mobs landing them on me as they are falling to the ground.

If HP = .05% then Insta-cast Divest/Plunder

I must be cursed.

I really don't care how much you traders whine about being nerfed enough already, 406 points of being debuffed is WAY too much. ONE of those things is enough, divest, plunder or whatever, so please do NOT keep them stackable like they are.

Nano resist works like complete crap and you know it, clap your hands.
    Last edited by andthensome; Sep 15th, 2002 at 08:55:27.

Remove traders from the game!

Wahh it's hard! Remove them!

Sorry I am just sick of nerfing professions over PVP you might as well just remove the trader profession... how many times have they been nerfed already?

I stoped playing my trader Ages ago because of the Nerfhappy Griefers... I didnt want to get attached just to see the class destroyed... but funny I still hate seeing it destroyed.

Why is it when I am in a mission getting my But kicked by traders I am not crying NERF NERF ... oh yeah it's a challenge... thought that what it was about.

Hay we should nerf the mobs in SoM too They had my Int down -50 something and my Psycomod below 61 from 360.

NERF NERF NERF nerf the world I dont want any effort or challenge... I dont ever want to die!

If it's hard I will cry and cry till you nerf something Boo Hoo!

Oh and for GOD's sake PLEASE make *my* Class RULE PVP

Did I cover it all?

=P

What is the next class we can Ruin?

We need to think which class should be nuked next after traders are destroyed.

Ohh How about Races?
    Atrox are to strong!
    They Hurt me, can we nerf their strength? They have TO many HP too! nerf Nerf
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 15th, 2002 at 15:43:13.

Nano Resist

BTW it works fine if you have enough points in it.

Re: Re: Yeah, as if the Devs read these posts

LOVE this post and it's ALL true!

if you dont like it spend as much IP as you do into attack and other skills into Nanoresist!

Originally posted by Kuroshio

You know what? I don't care.

I play a Trader. I go through the 4 - 6 recasts in order to get one stinking plunder on an even con mob, even if I've already landed a divest. I go through refreshing my divest/plunders every 2m 30s so they don't run out (which means I might finish off 1 mob before having to refresh them). As a Trader I go through more pain using Divest/Plunder nanoformulas than most other professions go through with any of their nanos. And post like this make me say one thing:

I am not going to sit around while people running full agg/def with minor investment in nanoresist screw up the Divest/Plunder line.

You want to be a defensive player? Then when you PROVE you've made the investment necessary to be a defensive player and still claim to have trouble resisting them, I'll listen. Like a defensive MA player having invested fully in Evades, including the full implant cluster sets to match their IP investment, and running full def. But if you're another "I want to hit every second, not invest in nanoresist and still block every nanoformula out there" Nerf the Traders complainer, here's your first opponent...

Arrow

Lol miir happens to us all

Just wait until we can't break roots anymore

3 minute divest will be nothing compared to that 19 minute root or whatever. Pulled that # off the top of my head, but I know theres some loooooooooong ones.

Merc: Can't break root IN COMBAT.

IN COMBAT.

Get that through your head. That's the change FC is making. Not "can't break roots." Can't break roots in combat. There's a major difference there.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

There is unrest in the forest,
    There is trouble with the trees,
    For the maples want more sunlight
    And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
    (And they're quite convinced the're right)
    They say the oaks are just too lofty
    And they grab up all the light.
    But the oaks can't help their feelings
    If they like the way they're made.
    And they wonder why the maples
    Can't be happy in their shade.

So the maples formed a union
    And demanded equal rights.
    "These oaks are just too greedy;
    We will make them give us light."
    Now there's no more oak oppression,
    For they passed a noble law,
    And the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe, and saw.

Neil Peart
    postcount++

Woohoo!

Rush *rocks*!
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Arrow

Well excuuuuse me for not reading community forum for awhile, it started out as nothing but a collection of nerfs and excuses anyways. They left out the combat part when it was first mentioned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast