Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill a clanner today, be happy tomorrow!

Kill a clanner today, be happy tomorrow!

Kill a clanner today, be happy tomorrow!

*dramatic orchestra music plays up, lots of brass, drums and a flute piping a gripping melody. An embedded holo-vid shows the stark skylines of Omni-Tek cities, tower sites and Omni-Pol officers doing drills and patrols. The female voice everybody knows from the public loudspeakers delivers the haunting off-comment*

Our sub-division of Omni-Pol is conducting a public awareness campaign in Borealis on

Saturday, 17th of November 29481, 1800 RST (GMT)

It is our goal to remind Omni-Tek employees that chatting, trading and making friendship with clanners is a crime.

Lenience is collaboration.
    Tolerance is treason.
    Omni-Tek is your friend.

During the event, an info desk will be put in place next to the Omni-Tek recruiter.
    People interested in reducing crime, fear and disorder are there given the opportunity to enquire about our work and join the force!

Also, a stricter regime of patrols will be held.

Bring along your family and children, because Borealis is safe for employees and our neutral friends.

Omni-Tek cares.

Free firearms will be dispensed to all employees of 5 years and older.

*the video now shows a towering atrox Omni-Pol officer behind a desk. An employee walks up in a pathetic attempt at appearing natural*

Omni: "Can I have a Jess, please?"
    Officer: "Sure. Remember to test your new gun on a clanner!"
    Omni: "You're so cool, where do I sign up?"

*a fake clanner with a goat skull on his head walks up. Flies circle around his head, he’s slack-jawed and squint-eyed, drooling all the time*

Clanner: "Can I have a Jess?"
    Officer: *KA-BLAM!* Only the bullets...

*The white OP-logo appears on the screen on a black background*

Omni-Pol protects.

*end of message*
    Last edited by Saito; Nov 5th, 2007 at 20:23:01.

*at the base of a display terminal a large heavily armored atrox is kneeling... pulling wires. Sparks fly and the large atrox awkwardly runs into the darkness.*

Free firearms will be dispensed to all employees of 5 years and older.

*the video now shows a towering atrox Omni-Pol officer behind a desk. An employee walks up in a pathetic attempt at appearing natural*

Omni: "Can I have a Jess, please?"
    Officer: "Sure. Remember to test your new gun on a clanner!"

*a glitch of static shows on the screen*

*a propaganda film begins to air*

SEE THE FOOTAGE NOW!
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

i like your video feed copper, it's 100% true and all, not like that omni propaganda...

3 cheers for you!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

mmmm hot springs.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Been a long time since I saw that footage. Nice that someone has kept it around this long.

((I must not take credit for the video. It's a recruitment film created by WE members a while ago... before my time even. but thanks, I was glad to find a situation to display it publicly.))

I shall make it an obligation to show all the new omni children... I mean personnel the old charts and files about the early life forms tested for environmental release that escaped. I'm sure they have already encountered many of the creatures that cause them the most harm, rollerrats, biofreaks, and rhinomen. I'll make sure they know Omni-Tek is responsible for those fond little projects.
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

While I in no way agree with the sentiments of the original poster, for the record the Rhinomen are not a menace, but are a sentient and peaceful race with their own unique culture who deserve to be protected by the ICC, not hunted.

And before trying to make political capital of Omni failed experiments like the various mutants, let us not forget that perhaps the most dangerous of all the races on Rubi-Ka, the cyborgs, originated from a Clan scientist's experiment.

As ever, there are less differences between the sides than we like tell ourselves.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Dabblez; Nov 4th, 2007 at 23:24:58.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

For the record... the cyborgs were here before I was born. However should there start to be an increase of sick leets, that would be mine to accept credit.
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

Quote Originally Posted by Copperneedle View Post
    ((I must not take credit for the video. It's a recruitment film created by WE members a while ago... before my time even. but thanks, I was glad to find a situation to display it publicly.))
    A former member by the name of Cherelle "Albanis" Clemente did that for Whisper's Edge. Albanis was a good friend and a dedicated clanner. No one, not even I know what happened to her. She disappeared in the Shadowlands for a long time, came back briefly and then disappeared again.

I was given the honor of uploading it to Omni-Tek terminals and was happy being able to share in what I consider to be one of the better pieces of work done for the clans.

As a by definition: impartial bystander in this stupidity I would personally make a suggestion that we take the worst members of the Clans and the Worst Employees of Omni-Tek and make them fight one-on-one with blood worm carapaces on a block of ice in the middle of the Stret.

There are certainly good people on both sides:

The clansmen who are working for the equality of -all- people on Rubi-Ka in the best possible vision of the original Clans.

Omni-Tek Employees who understand how clever utilization of resources can make everybody happy and make them more money than they ever imagined.

Members of both sides who insist, beyond the bounds of all rational thought, that all the people of Rubi-Ka are best found living in utter chaos in the face of of not just two internal threats, but also a massive external threat of unknown size and strength...

Blood Worm Carapaces. Ice Block. Stret.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I agree mostly;

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Omni-Tek Employees who understand how clever utilization of resources can make everybody happy and make them more money than they ever imagined.
    However, do we even need credits?

I mean if we got the corporations out and bought ourselves free...

We have our apartments, we get oFAB armour with a different system...

Gee, wow, look I have more numbers than you! Whoopy! -.-
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

I killed a clanner yesterday, can I be happy today? Or erm.. transported them to their last known insurances point, to be precise..
    Kleiner Travels - Where do you want to travel today?

..Though Omni-Tek did send me on a mission to kill some other Omni-Tek employees, or that's atleast what my HUD told me, in some facility in the middle of Mort the other day.. But hey, I am merely a mindless drone so who am I to make critical decisions as to who I smite?
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    A former member by the name of Cherelle "Albanis" Clemente did that for Whisper's Edge. Albanis was a good friend and a dedicated clanner. No one, not even I know what happened to her. She disappeared in the Shadowlands for a long time, came back briefly and then disappeared again.
    Not true Astera, I know what happened to Relle. I have had the pleasure of being in contact with her on occasion, and I know she is still ali... err well at least she's well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

It's nice to know that she's alive anyway. We all wondered what happened to her.

Yet another that calls Mr. Rosses policy treason. It is sad so see that employees like Saito have so little respect of former CEO's.
    We should unite in the war with Kyr'Ozch instead of this idiotic fight among ourselves. They are a much bigger threat than the Clans will ever be
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Officer Virta notices the holo-vid, stands up and salutes.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Frankly, I am distressed at your open denunciation of current corporate policy, Ms. Evergreen. All of the statements in the original post are in accord with Omni-Tek directives as expressed by CEO Zora himself.

I am not saying that CEO emeritus Ross did not have his place, during his time, but his policies obviously did not yield the desired results. You speak of him as a benevolent father-king but that his not the function a CEO has. You are displaying blatant insubordination.

Given that your organization is under close observation already, you bring yourself and the Society of Salvation into an ever more precarious situation.

A formal complaint will be filed.

On a different note, our subdivision is pleased to announce that during the event, beverages will be sold at half the prices of those in neutral entertainment localities.
    Last edited by Saito; Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:55:54.

I am a loyal employee, and have always been that. But yes. I have always looked up to Mr. Ross

May I show you this old newsfeed:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=357083

"The theme of Ross' speech was unity between all peoples of Rubi-Ka to fight off the alien threat, which Ross said would be necessary to ensure that the invading force of aliens don't completely take over Rubi-Ka and wipe us out in our entirety."

Acording to you, this is an act of treason. It says the same thing that I say.
    CEO's come and go, but Omni-Tek is forever. As far as I know none of Mr.Rosses statments have been redrawn. Therefor they still apply.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Old newsfeed is the keyword.

Do I really have to point out current Omni-Tek policy, as proclaimed in current Omni-Tek CEO Tarkhan Zora's speech in December last year?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...15&postcount=1

Zora clearly withdraws Ross' statements.

Company policies change, what is so hard to grasp about the concept? If you continue to insist on the doctrine of past, aging, perhaps even senile CEOs, then you merely admit to indulge in inappropriate personality cult.

As to your perpetual argument that inter-factional unity is required to repel the Kyr'Ozch threat: you clearly underestimate the resources the Unicorn contingent on Rubi-Ka, and we know from the same speech that it will even be reinforced, possesses.
    Last edited by Saito; Nov 8th, 2007 at 13:11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    We should unite in the war with Kyr'Ozch instead of this idiotic fight among ourselves. They are a much bigger threat than the Clans will ever be
    Well, I'm a 'Trox and all, but I'd prefer if Clanners, Neuts and Ommers joined to fight against the Kyr.. This "fighting with" sounds way too much like just sparring for the fun of it.
    *shrug*
    Of course, I'd not be in any way surprised if the ommers were indeed fighting alongside the Kyr, there might be extra creds for the OT leadership that way, after all they don't give a leet's behind about anything else and the minions aren't known for their ability to think autonomously..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast