Thread: A user-friendly suggestion

A user-friendly suggestion

This is for any FC people who take notes, I got a suggestion to make life a little easier via the UI.

Currently when we hover over items using our mouse, a little tip pops up with the name of the item. Can this little tip also include the "Ql Level", as I find myself shift clicking on a whole slew of items only to see the ql. This would make sorting items and finding what you need potentially faster and hopefully will not be too hard to implement.

Also, in reference to the looting dilemma and what not. Announcing what each person looted is a great idea (should be able to turn it on/off), but I was thinking you can also have a translucent text box above the slain individual, which simply lists all the items. I thought at first to do it graphically, but that doesnt seem terribly helpful. For most experienced player seeing a list of all the items, would make the game progress faster and avoid ninja looting in places like Smuggler's Den, team Boss and etc.

These are only suggestions, people feel free to criticize.

Osy

Re: A user-friendly suggestion

Originally posted by Osydeus
    This is for any FC people who take notes, I got a suggestion to make life a little easier via the UI.

Currently when we hover over items using our mouse, a little tip pops up with the name of the item. Can this little tip also include the "Ql Level", as I find myself shift clicking on a whole slew of items only to see the ql. This would make sorting items and finding what you need potentially faster and hopefully will not be too hard to implement.

Also, in reference to the looting dilemma and what not. Announcing what each person looted is a great idea (should be able to turn it on/off), but I was thinking you can also have a translucent text box above the slain individual, which simply lists all the items. I thought at first to do it graphically, but that doesnt seem terribly helpful. For most experienced player seeing a list of all the items, would make the game progress faster and avoid ninja looting in places like Smuggler's Den, team Boss and etc.

These are only suggestions, people feel free to criticize.

Osy
    both very cool ideas. BUMP!
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Yep, bump too !
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Very good idea.
    Bumptastic
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Good ideas. Deserving of a bhuuump.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!