Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB pvp guide for docs

WTB pvp guide for docs

Many professions seem to have a pvp guide... don`t we have one because the simple fact we can`t pvp? :s well i dont like that idea, soooOO here it is.

my attempt at making one :

------Trying to kill as a doctor-------

>>>> agents: mistreatment and/or spam decrepitude, DoT + wep dmg.

>>>> keepers: ubt, dot + wepdmg untill 10% hp, rootgraft, hopefully finish the job

>>>> crats: decrepitude pets before attacking, dot+wepdmg, heal inbetween stuns if u can (frikkin hard if u ask me)

>>>> mps: decrepitude pets.. dot+wep dmg + try timing remove nsd`s perk to avoid running out of them to early in fight.

>>>> traders: ubt and give em all u got only hoping they dont GTH+drain you.

>>>> engineers: DoT`s seems most effective here, dont forget to decrepitude pets. Regular dmg might help a little or weaken their blockers by throwing some specials.

>>>> enfos: basicly like keepers, but with nastier alphas and stuns.

>>>> Fixers: DoT`s or AS probly only thing that works here.

>>>> Shades: DoT, jump around healing, watch your back! ranged weps ftw here.

>>>> MA`s: Ubt and dotting+ wep dmg, keep your distance.

>>>>Soldiers: stall/wait for ams shutdown and give em all u got, rootgraft might help slow em down when trying to escape.

>>>> Nanotechs: ubt, dot + wep dmg... remove blinds.. ugh

>>>> Doctors: boooring... i would just prefer spamming decrepitude and let others finish this job. Throw in some dmg for assist.

(Yeh.. we never was good at this peeveepee business(atleast not me).. please feel free to add tactics , or professions if i forgot.. im sure there are docs out there that knows some tricks or two, please share

This is my experience.
    And no, I'm not saying that this is all you need to know, or that any of these are recipies for guaranteed wins.
    Just experience and insight.
    I might even be wrong!

Agents:
    1. Survive alpha, 2. Hunt down and kill using: AS, Dot C, CoNC + CoLA perks.
    Remember to hit mistreatment as you see they start casting CH. (With ubt + ubt proc it will take a while, and I love to see their hp increase by about a fling shots worth)

Use UBT procs offensively, heal procs defensively (or combination).

Nano drain ring from alb could be useful here.

Win: Alpha survival + debuffs + firepower.
    Alternatively (in duel), wait for FP to run out.

Keepers:
    Two options: 1. spam as and wait for them to die/give up trying to alpha you.
    2. Actually try to kill them, thus potentially opening your defenses.
    Ubt procs ftw here aswell.

Win: Inevitable or never, their perks will run out eventually if you do enough damage.

Crats:
    Kill before stun procs. Ubt + Ubt procs are must here. Same is full def. Ignore pets, use LoS so the crat can't shoot on you (and trigger procs), hit him with dotc + as.
    If stun procs land: /disco.

Win: Kill fast ffs! (Rite... fast..)
    PS: Beware of fr str perks and other stuns!

MP:
    Ubt/Decrept Whiner and healpet.
    Time mistreatment on healpet with your own damage.
    Spam dots if they use SS, stand still and do normal damage.
    They are no threat with SS up, just hard to kill. (Watch out for starfall perks).
    If they don't use SS, AS them to death. Mistreat their healpet when you got fight under control (MP dotted and AS up, and pet nearing heal cycle).
    Time NSD-removers so you use them just before you need to heal. No need to spend them when you're not using nanos.

Think heal or ubt procs are nice here to buy you time for offense, potentially dot procs vs SS.
    I advice full def.

Win: Brains + Endurance.
    PS: Beware of fr str perks!

Traders:
    /afk / /disco / run.
    They have dot removing perk(s), GTH and more evades than we have AR...
    Imo GTH is worse than crat stun proc chains.

Win: Clueless trader. Wait, not even that. Afk perhaps

Engineers:
    Never killed/fought outside BS one that actually knew how to PvP.
    As said by docya, reg damage and dots will work best here, apply ubt/decrept to pets.
    Beware of engies having nano drain perks, and quite decent alphas.

dot + heal procs.

I advice full def.

Win: Endurance + Luck
    PS: Beware of fr str perks!

Enforcers:
    Survive alpha.
    Try to outdamage their heals + coons.
    Actually, good enforcers scare me more than good agents.
    They are v. hard to kill aswell.

No idea what procs to use, perhaps ubt or heal procs.

Win: Alpha survival + Endurance + Offense.

Fixers:
    Survive alpha (should be no prob with enough crit decrease).
    Spam AS + dots.

Use dot procs.

Win: Hard part is killing them before they are out of range. Should not be a problem i duels tho. Impossible in BS unless you got (enough) friends.

Shades:
    Survive initial alpha, hit motr after first stun, spam AS.
    Don't bother with dots, as they are usually nr8 anyways.

Use dot/heal procs.

Win: Alpha survival + kiting + AS spam.

MA:
    Some have really sick alpha. (SA, Dimach, AS + stuns + crits + damage perks ftl!)
    IF you survive it, dot c + AS + kiting ftw.

Throwing any of the new dot c on MA's in BS (if you see them first) will usually make them run.

Don't forget to ubt them.

Heal proc to survive alpha (with luck), get ubt proc to land, then go for dot proc, swap dot/ubt/heal proc as needed if it drags out.

Win: Luck + Alpha survival + kiting + Dot Spam + AS spam.

Soldiers:
    1 is easy, just outheal and wait for tms/ams to run out.
    2 with atleast one brain shared among them will drop you instantly.

Win: Endurance.

Nanotech:
    With 24k hp and about 20% heal eff, you can outheal NBS + triple fine (even maxed out tripples).
    My experience tells me this more or less similar to soldier fights, as they have hard hitting but slow alphas/attacks.
    Outheal and kill them 'till they die!

Ubt procs imo.

Doctors:
    Ehm... yeah... bring friends/trader?

Win: Power in numbers.
    Last edited by Ober; Oct 21st, 2007 at 23:58:17.

decreptitude....? Why oh why with all the reflects and shields these days would you want to use that POS?

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    decreptitude....? Why oh why with all the reflects and shields these days would you want to use that POS?
    because it debuffs init way more then UBT does.

It makes pets basicly do no dmg at all. for an agent it makes CH very slow.. same for docs. They can still instacast CH with ubt running, atleast docs, not rly sure about agents.

But in the end its a matter of choice, if you prefer UBT on everything, thats fine by me. I like decrep in certain situations, it seems to have a more desired effect, even though its breakable.

This aimed at BS PvP or 1v1?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Don't

Just kidding, but all my ideas are out of date, so I won't contribute here.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    This aimed at BS PvP or 1v1?
    Mine are both, more or less.

Kinde shows where we can gain advantage over 'x' profs.

From a pistols/BlazeDot doc..

Advs - Switch to full def, most try to land Misdiagnosis before trying to attack properly. Slow kills, but just keep yourself alive while dotting, once they use cocoon and its over, get em to mid HP and use Malicious Prohibition, go all out damage and hope they die before it expires. DoTs land a good rate.

Agent - Survive Alpha, after that most not so tough, UBT (with procs), mash the DoTs, Malicious Prohibition when they get mid HP. This assuming most are FP docs. DoTs land great.

Crats - Full def, UBT pets, try keep Fill Inbox running on the crat, MoTR and try kill them fast enough. Make use of LOS and pet pathing, because usually you'll end up stun after stun whatever you do, maybe you can survive enough to get a heal and dot off in between. 1v1 on BS I'd probably retreat. DoTs land great.

Docs - UBT, hit em a few times to UBT proc em, find another target. DoTs land great, but get removed.

Enfs - Survive alpha (sometimes with motr), UBT, keep dotting until they eventually die. DoTs can be tricky to land at times.

Engineer - UBT pets, Dots them to death, keep moving about, don't let engie get behind you, though it'll happen eventually. DoTs good land rate

Fixer - UBT and DoT em to death, don't take long. DoTs land great on most.

Keeper - Survive Alpha, DoT until eventually, they die, eventually. DoTs sometimes tricky to land.

MA - Survive Alpha (sometimes with motr) and dot em to death fast, use Malicious Prohibition. DoTs sometimes tricky, otherwise easy.

MP - Full def, UBT pets, Malicious Prohibition on healpet, try DoT the MP as much as you can, though you'll probably get NSDed a lot, unless it was stupid and used SS on you instead. DoTs hard to land.

NTs - UBT, UBT procs, DoT them, they live 25s at best.

Shades - If they NR8, survive alpha and run, you not gonna kill em with pistol damage or DoT procs.

Soldier - UBT, UBT procs, just DoT em until they die, usually after AMS expires, but DoTs before this speeds up the process.

Trader - /afk, do something else and go back to BS later.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Imo there's really a world of difference between 1v1 and BS. The environment on BS is so dynamic and fast paced because of the many participaters, that you rarely have the time or opportunity to pick a target and make a move against it before you have to deal with something else coming up. There are some general advices I'd list for doctors going on BS that I have read elsewhere and which I also follow myself more or less:

1. Always get os/rrfe and gsf if at all possible - os for fighting more defensive, rrfe for less dmg (ofcourse) and gsf for keeping up with people running away from you or the other way around. Other useful stuff is pnh/ior/no from NT or web from MP, behe from enf, and tts from agent if you got an AS weapon. This is ofcourse a little self-explanatory, but there's a tendency that people forget the importance of being buffed properly imo - 3-5 decently buffed people are a lot more hard hitting than ditto unbuffed (ofcourse!).

2. Use LoS to your advantage - if they can't see you they can't hit you further - use whompahs to your advantage - you can usualy heal once in the time it takes the people chasing you to zone through.

3. Strike a balance between HP and Nano Init - this is a personal advice, I think I'm at approx 18.5k HP (without BI) and fight 50% defensive with 3k nano init if you want an example. There are people who prefer more HP and little less nano init, but this balance suits me well so staying like this so far.

4. Don't stand still - kite melee people, especially enforcer/ma/shade because of their stuns - oh, and try stay away from crat pets also with the stun proc and all.

5. Get free movements in ql 250 or higher - get lots, they work against certain stuns too, which I actually didn't know when I started PvP. I got Burst of Speed stims when no fixers are around for gsf.

6. If you're in a crowd - try stay back and heal people. This is also a personal one, but it's something I try do whenever possible since it helps your side quite a lot and most people repay you with a grateful tell or buffs on sight (I love people who just buff you - who doesn't want gsf and rrfe for example?).

7. Every doc knows it, but we all hate it. If you see another doc you can't UBT him/her fast enough, and keep them going, you don't want him to be able to remove it, and there are only that many removal perks.

8. Don't take on traders unless you are prepared to deal with having no nano - GTH is such a sucker to survive because you're out of the game for a full minute atleast, but it doesn't seem like FC realises that it is in effect a more powerful NSD than the ones MPs run around with (or they think it's actually balanced), so we have to deal with it.

9. Get the two root grafts and MoR if you don't have those already - root grafts for actually killing people once in a while before they run, and MoR for those nasty situations where you can smell a stun coming.

10. Know your removal perks. Have them in a place you can reach them fast, and be sure not to hit vaccinate when you actually wanna remove a dot.

The above pretty much sums up most of the tips and tricks I use when fighting on BS and it has gotten me pretty far I think. If people want to add in something I would love to hear about it, since I still count myself in the process of learning to PvP on a doctor. What I can tell you is, that doctor PvP can be very rewarding at times (except when there's a trader who can only manage to push his GTH button and nothing else) with both a little killing and situations where you stop and think "I shouldn't have survived that" - it just feels good to escape 3-5 people chasing you through a whompah with a few hundred points of health and then be able to heal back up in an instant and jump right back into the fight, which is our trademark imo.

Hope you'll enjoy BS

/Av'
    Last edited by Avari; Oct 23rd, 2007 at 09:19:17. Reason: Adding stuff

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    Romaas has a point. Decriptitude used to be good on pets that don't get attacked but I'm 90% certain when funcom played around with procs going off nanodamage and reflect shield they kinda messed something up and reflect/damage shields break it now. Easy to test in pvm, pull a dyna decrep the adds and see them returning to 1/1 hits after reflect/damage shield occoured.
    It didn't use to break on reflect before that patch.

My experiences, all in regard to battlestations with Ithaca: (stealing Ober's formating )

Advy
    If advy heading to cap a point - Ubt. Call in reinforcements. Shoot to proc init debuffs. If Anatomic blight procs I'll usually stop shooting for a bit to not break it. Watch out for Agents.
    If you're with a zerg, spam ubt till it lands, drop some AS into him and concentrating on healimg my side so they won't have to pull back and continue hitting the advy.
    If encountered alone - Ubt. try dotting and shooting. If the advy is not gimp, ignore and head to nearest friendly group. Fighting it out could well take the entire BS. Alternatively ask for some DD in the bot.

Win: Zerg or outlast

Agent
    Allways keep a finger on the free movement stim to remove the stun. Surive alpha, ubt them and watch them run away while you have -1800 runspeed.
    If you get the first shot - ubt, fling. If he's not in TMS - AS, Malicious Prohibtion, Blind ring and dot. If it a green/non pvp agent throw AI perks as well.
    If he has reflects up - blind ring and possibly root graft. They usually run in and tms and hope to kill off someone in your group (most likely you) and blinding makes it harder for him to see who's being attacked.

Win: Survive alpha

Crat
    If they get the first shot on you it's very hard to survive. Free Moment stims and MoTR are your friends. Keep moving so they can't hit you with regular shots that may proc as well. Don't let them get behind you unless you used motr or you're feeling confident about your stun stiming. If you're kiting the crat carefully ubt the pets because they can really hurt when they get lucky on the masters bidding proc. (little lag and suddenly 5 procs hit at once along with "saved up" regular hits.)
    If the Crat is in sneak pull back and ubt the pets he most likely send after you. If he wants to keep up with you he'll have to leave sneak and you bought some time to ubt the pets first.

With luck you're still alive at this point so AS and dot. It is a good idea to chain heal perks when dotting. The IS book also is quite handy here.
    Watch out for crat in APT's the stunproc works in apt too.

Win: Luck

Doctor
    If they are zerged ubt/malicious prohibiton. If no one is attacking them and they staying out of los healing their side, decreptitude. repeat 2-3 more times 2-5 seconds later. If your group is attacking the doc, blind/rootgraft and spamming decrept will most likely kill him.

Enfo
    Not many good pvp enfos and many enofs without crit reduce on the BS so enjoy seeing big AS hits for once. UBT slow their raging.
    Keep Free movement stims handy, don't let your hp drop. If you feel alpha is coming chain heal perks. Most enfos you will encounter are capping points.

Win: Surive and outlast.

Engi
    Ubt pets and dot away. Use AI Perks too. If friends are with you fling+as to remove 2 blockers. If you have time switch to the dot proc and regulary stop moving to get some shots in.
    Most engi's are no real thread but don't ignore them or you will suddenly have a engi grasping you in your back, no nano and the pets hitting on you.

Win: Dot dot dot perk perk perk. woot! working toolset.

Fixer
    Get crit reduce and survive. Free movement still helps with the stun but isn't needed in most cases as the stun is short and the alpha power low. Once they blew their FA you won't have much to fear.
    Keep throwing dots, most fixer have high NR to deal with dots and hope to counter some tripples. If you manage to triple dot you're golden but just C will hurt them. Again if you have time switch to dot proc and hope it procs on a AS, but most fixers will be gone before that.

Win: Nanoskills + dot

Keeper
    Survive and zerg. Dishing it out could easily take up the entire round. They are like enfos without a stun but near impossible to kill. Still watch out though due to lag or something the keeper alpha allways seems to hit me all at once without any delay between the perks. If someone allready got your hp down a little it can really hurt.

Win: Survive and zerg.

MA
    UBT them, if possible use motr and keep the free movements handy. Keep moving and try not to let them close. many pvp ma's will hotswitch hitting you with brawl, sneak, dimach, crit and perks all at once. Blind ring makes avoiding them easier. Chain heal perks to get heals off during stuns.
    Red dusk comes with a heavy init debuff and you will most likely be forced to CH leaving you in long vulnerable recharge. If you survived throw the C dot but don't waste it if they just used UWOS, you won't land it. With luck you can kill him.

Win: Luck + Alpha survive.

MP
    UBT pets fast. I usually drop to fulldef to counter some NSD/ENSD. If he uses SS you have 30sec of no nsd, go full out on the dots. I usally fling and AS too to use up 2 special blockers, they recharge before the MP can recast SS or NSD. Keep moving though to kite the pets, you won't hit the mp much with regular shots anyway. Switch to dot proc. If the mp uses ENSD time your removal perks and be considerate with them, if they run out it's troublesome.
    The biggest problem will be the nsd proc. If he procs it - leg it. You can try to take him on again after the proc ran out.

Win: thoughtfull usage of perks and wall humping pets.

NT
    There usually are some soldiers next to me that want the NT dead so i leave it to them and concentrate on healing said soldiers and pop some AS holes into the nt (may proc too). Few NT's try to keep doubling and tripling you which shouldn't be dangerous on it's own but is allways a invitation to agents and shades. When blinded keep checking your ncu for stuns/debuffs and shades attacking you.

Win: group or AS + dots. Alternatively Decreptitude and ignore.

shade
    If you see them dots and AS. Most likely they counter the dot at which point you can stop. When they get you from sneak - free movent + motr + IS book and get distance asap.
    Shades in apt are dangerous because they proc the stun quite often, but at least you can remove the stun.

Win: Survive and watch them die.

Soldier
    Don't let you hp drop, don't let them get behind you. Watch out for people timing their alpha with the soldier.
    Many soldier rush into the battle before casting AMS, I allways try to ubt them right away in hopes he hasn't brought it up.

Win: Outlast and dot. Use rootgrafts.

Trader
    Run unless it's a green 210 trader without a title that didn't get gth.
    They do thouh miss the alpha power to take you down and the drains can be removed, so without gth they are not that dangerous to you.
    Win: Getting away.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I like this thread.

Puts things in perspective

Oh yeah, while this is probably not the best tips, this is how I generally run around on bs.

Chain-ubt'n me has no effect, as I never bother using perks (or having them perked most of the time) to remove it. Same with drains.
    I've learnt to deal with the situations.

Motr I only bother with in duels.

QL 125 free move stims ftw!

And I have a reflect graft for pvm

Only have 16k'ish hp atm (w/o BI proc ofc), and I don't think I've been alphaed on BS yet (apt doesn't count!). Careful timing and quick reactions 'always' saves the day it seems

Tbh, I'm too lazy to use all these gadgets, and rather focus on mastering my core toolset, which usually works pretty well.
    Probably too lazy since I usually only use keyboard, and not mouse, and probably that's the reason it works pretty well aswell
    Then again, that's probably my opponents fault most of the time
    Last edited by Ober; Oct 24th, 2007 at 09:04:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Docya View Post

>>>>Soldiers: stall/wait for ams shutdown and give em all u got, rootgraft might help slow em down when trying to escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post

Soldiers:
    1 is easy, just outheal and wait for tms/ams to run out.
    2 with atleast one brain shared among them will drop you instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    From a pistols/BlazeDot doc..

Soldier - UBT, UBT procs, just DoT em until they die, usually after AMS expires, but DoTs before this speeds up the process.
    Some things have changed since LE, and what u guys say there, does not work on everyone
    "Anisherl" -220/30 - Dictator -

"Anisher" - 220/26 - Field Marshal -

"Montaro" - 150/17 - Master of 10th Dan -

Quote Originally Posted by Anisher View Post
    Some things have changed since LE, and what u guys say there, does not work on everyone
    Duel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Duel!
    Sure

Only because most retreat through a whompa the second they get a sniff of death looming, like most profs, really.

You run = I win. Doc law.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Only because most retreat through a whompa the second they get a sniff of death looming, like most profs, really.

You run = I win. Doc law.
    I only run when more than 1 person is atacking me, never 1vs1, no matter what proff is.

I only run when more than 1 person is atacking me, never 1vs1, no matter what proff is.
    I'll take a duel too

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I'll take a duel too
    U are on RK 1.

U are on RK 1.
    Hence, why it felt safe posting

Since I hate fighting good docs, couple notes from a noob agent.

[ All the opinions stated below are probably the product of a deranged and suicidal pvp style and should be verified with someone more a) skilled and b) sane. ]

1. No agent can instacast CH under ubt; it's barely possible to instacast it without ubt at full def. If they go full agg for a faster heal, you can fire DoTs through; if they stay full def, they probably can't outheal you without NR perked. If they're agg-bar-micro-shifting freaks....... :P

2. Malicious Prohibition is absolute murderous ****. Freeeeeow, mkay? I'm kinda amazed how seldom I see it.

3. Killing a doc who keeps screwing with LoS is painful once ubt and some DoTs land. You can't move while you heal, and you kinda have to chainheal once they get DoTs rolling.

4. As soon as a doc starts debuffing, agent healing drops through the floor, so you don't need a massive alpha to kill them. Also, if I run, the DoTs keep on ticking down and if I stop to heal, the doc can jump on me again, so there's not often an escape. Snare procs are cool and work well if they're up, but I'm still crippled and dead meat if someone else finds me in the next minute or so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast