Thread: Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland City Minister Positions Available

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland City Minister Positions Available

Newland City Minister Positions Available
    October 19, 29481 - Newland City Press [Atlantean]

Newland Council – Due to various changes in personnel, there are several vacant positions on the Newland City Council. These positions are open to applications by qualified individuals who have achieved at least level 50 and are of Neutral alignment.

The Newland City Council has several openings for new ministers to serve the city and its interests in maintaining a free and lively city where all peoples can meet, do business, and enjoy themselves. All of the positions require that the applicants have a casual familiarity with life on Rubi-Ka (Level 50 or above) so that they may better serve their position with knowledge of the complex state of the planet. Additionally, all applicants must be non-aligned or Neutral; this requirement stands in order that the council may make decisions that are impartial to any side but focus on the benefit of the city as a whole.

There are two positions open at this time: Minister of Science, and Minister of Trade.

Minister of Science
    The office of the Minister of Science is set in place in order to inform the Mayor, the General of the City Militia, and the rest of the council about scientific and research matters. The office also engages in independent research and investigation as required by the City of Newland, and works to promote higher education for the citizens of Newland. This Office works on a primary level with the Office of the Minister of Trade to help identify new and important technologies or resources for the City. This office also works with the Minister of Foreign Affairs to aid in investigations and the Minister of Defense to help improve the City’s defensive capabilities through independent research.

All interested applicants should have research or experimental experience in a wide variety of fields of inquiry in order to aid them in the position. Applicants should forward a curriculum vitae or resume explaining their interests in joining the council as well as a list of their publications and research experience.

Minister of Trade
    The Office of the Minister of Trade exists to help the economic growth of the City of Newland, as well as to inform the Mayor, the General of the City Militia, and the rest of the Council about trade and economic concerns and issues. The office also engages in independent negotiations pertaining to trade agreements with the City as required by the Council. The Minister of Trade works primarily with the Office of the Minister of Science to help promote education and research with strong financial backing. The Minister of Trade also works with the Minister of Foreign Affairs in order to quell any potential political problems and the Minister of Defense to help keep the defensive forces of the city well equipped and well funded.

All interested applicants should have negotiations and commerce experience to help them in keeping with the duties of the office. Applicants should forward a resume and portfolio explaining their interests in joining the council as well as a history of their economic dealings and portfolio values.

All applications can be sent to the Newland City Council via grid mail at: NewlandCouncil1(at)ARK.anarchy-online.com
    Last edited by Devdas; Oct 20th, 2007 at 07:52:44.

What I'm finally fired ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Drat 'Minister of Demolition' is not up for grabs...

*Thinks about it*

Nope, sorry. Not after the latest debacle.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Drat 'Minister of Demolition' is not up for grabs...

*Thinks about it*

Nope, sorry. Not after the latest debacle.
    Come on it's not the dead guards, the rampaging mechs, the terrible nanoprogram training, the late mercenaries and that incident with ballons full of napalm...

Hum... It's not really helping.

Okay here's something, I fought that huge alien prototype from the legionaries dammit ! Okay the doctors had to build me a new spine when mine was reduced to powder and it went trough rookies but.... Awwww man !
    Last edited by Boltgun; Oct 20th, 2007 at 00:50:58.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

You weren't fired Bolt, but there were rumors that you were roaming the country side with a shotgun rambling on in an insane fashion.

That and we couldn't get a hold of you for a fairly long time.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

*smiles*

I am starting to feel physically sick when I think of that shop, literally.

I fought the huge alien and it turned me into paste. I protest Omnis guards in Borealius. I kill giant Leets and even swarms of Roller rats in Old Athen

That is all just part of the wild life, it is what ****es things up, the monsters. But if you read "Prophet - without honour" I think it is those strange shadow beings that are behind the Omnis, that are now behind Phasefront

It is too late, The New Land City council reflects the "Neutrals" *sarcasm*, which are too closely allied with Omni-Tek. This new shop is a sign of how much more materialistic and credit desperate they are becoming.

I am not going to represent that or be seen in that light. Push and push, I feel so pushed toward Clan but I am neutral - pure neutral

Never donned the Omni clothes nor pandered to them at parties. I let my old org go because they were falling into the org rut, I could not force my views on them, I care too much for their freedom to chose. Took awhile to realise that they were lost.

Bottom line: I will not hold a position that is allied with Omni-Tek, I will stand alone if need be but I will not conform to what is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    with a shotgun rambling on in an insane fashion.
    shotguns are passé, so it's more like 'in a bad fashion'
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

You weren't fired Bolt, but there were rumors that you were roaming the country side with a shotgun rambling on in an insane fashion.

That and we couldn't get a hold of you for a fairly long time.
    What I'm the first to say we should equip ourselves with D-sharks and not Kyr shotties, I'm disapointed. Anyway I'm -always- running the countryside in an insane fashion, nothing new to see here !

Well yea I had to run offworld quickly, sorry about that. I never tought that I'd made it back to Var my homeworld. Was quite a trip, bround back some chocolates... armor piercing... chocolates... And some bio olive oil with special fresh pastas, damn I missed that stuff.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I'm refreshing this message to tell you that we are looking for more applicantions. If you have a trading background (no questions asked regarding the law), you'll have the occasion to bring awareness and enhance the economy or your fellow neutrals. You also get to work with me, and Berael. Wich is totally worth it I guess.

Please send a mail to NewlandCouncil1(at)ARK.anarchy-online.com with your data and experiences if you are interested.

Also :
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai
    I will not hold a position that is allied with Omni-Tek
    I doubt Omni Tek step on their allies and shoot them with tranquilizers.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Nov 4th, 2007 at 16:44:31.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

i have a trading background ^^ (and the fact the law isn't involved is a + for me ), and i can always try to enhance the economy too
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i have a trading background ^^ (and the fact the law isn't involved is a + for me ), and i can always try to enhance the economy too
    No, no, no ! Did I say no ? NO !
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer
    First, swapping gun fire with Omni-Pol does -not- count as a trading background, just as spinning outrageous yarns does not make you a producer of valuable trade goods.

Secondly, you are most certainly aligned with a faction, but since "bottomfeeder" isn't a widely recognized faction, it would appear that the Clans have unwisely decided to take you in.

Thirdly: while we could make money by installing toll booths on the gates to toll all the Omni-Pol coming in and out of Newland to hunt you down twice daily, it wouldn't fit with Newlands image.

Fourth, in the words of Boltgun: "NO!"
    Last edited by Berael; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:47:59.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Thirdly: while we could make money by installing toll booths on the gates to toll all the Omni-Pol coming in and out of Newland to hunt you down twice daily, it wouldn't fit with Newlands image.
    LOL.... good one Ms. Wolf. However, you might want to take a second look at that... Might fund your weapons upgrades for the Newland Militia....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

First, swapping gun fire with Omni-Pol does -not- count as a trading background, just as spinning outrageous yarns does not make you a producer of valuable trade goods.

Secondly, you are most certainly aligned with a faction, but since "bottomfeeder" isn't a widely recognized faction, it would appear that the Clans have unwisely decided to take you in.

Fourth, in the words of Boltgun: "NO!"
    And THIS is why the mew is our queen, and damnation-on-a-pogostick am i happy to see this kind of reply coming from my fellow neutrals.

I indeed have retired up north, and I'm cooking up eau-de-vie with pears and all kinds of other rubikan fruits. Experimentation ( and a speedy escape when said experiments go bad) is key. Hopefully a well dressed ( thanks to yours truly)up and comer will fill in my shiny shoes soon.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!