Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best places to hunt for Grid Armor~

Exclamation Best places to hunt for Grid Armor~

Ok, I'm just making a list off the top of my head on best places to find GA (all marks). I'll need some confirmation, and any input you might have:

Mark 1:
    Shades (Greater Tir County)
    Shades (Pleasant Meadows)
    Shades (Andromeda)
    Shades (NW Wailing Wastes)
    Direseeds (Mort 1900x700)
    Plants (1370x600 Clon****)
    Claw Camp (Pleasant Meadows 400x800, HEAVILY CAMPED)

Mark 2:
    Claw Camp (Pleasant Meadows 400x800, HEAVILY CAMPED)

Mark 3:
    Bileswarms (The Longest Road North, in the Dead Forest) [?]

Mark 4:
    Bileswarms (The Longest Road North, in the Dead Forest) [?]

We all know you can get them each in different and specific quality level missions, but the purpose of this post is to locate outdoor grounds for finding the armor. Also, if you have the new Dovve's Map, it will help a lot on finding many of these places.

Feedback and input is much appreciated.
    Last edited by xd; Sep 13th, 2002 at 22:08:13.
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte xid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

Add: Swamp NW of the north most Clon**** fixer grid exit, for mki.

Ok, I added a few more places to find Mark I, do you think you can give me coords for that spot in Clon****, Parcifal?

1900, 700 Mort is a (good, but rather cruel) joke.

Clon**** 1370, 600 might be a good place to start, but the damn plants are all over the place.

TLR, just north of the road in Dead forest have some bileswarms that have dropped Mk III (or was it IV, or II? Can't remember). Very close to the SW-6 gridexit (Oldchaps map).
    Same area also have some Shades. No confirmed MkI drop tho.

/G13
    Last edited by Gene13; Sep 13th, 2002 at 19:11:34.
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Gene, do you have some coords for that area near TLR?

Don't have the coords atm, but its a rather big area as far west in the longest road as you can get.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

Thanks anyway, I'll have to scout it out sometime.

BTW, what is at 1900 700, Mort, if it's not plants?
    Last edited by xd; Sep 13th, 2002 at 22:34:03.

Originally posted by VeilSide
    Thanks anyway, I'll have to scout it out sometime.

BTW, what is at 1900 700, Mort, if it's not plants?
    Desert, 25%, and a vulture waiting for you to die. Basically it's very much like one of the places I usually send people to when I get sick of explaining, only less demons.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

the bad place is where you get missions to when they don't show coords; many bileswarmers about and some shades. over in the dead forest at the far west end of TLR; implies very low x in coordds x, y.

the shades north of the foreman dungeon. they tend to hang out at the north border of the zone and near where the dead forest meets the normal forest. many bleeders about.

---

were dupes ... err ... great friends mentioned yet?

Thyrra - Do the bleeders drop it as well?

VeilSide - grats on your GA find, btw Did my guildie take care of making the crystal for ya? (I had to log and go to work)

--K

Yes Kara

Gomez is great, thanks to you're brother and you for the support, help, and conversations while looking for it

Time to level my Fixer

MKI: there are a ton of demisedopes hanging in south clon****..I mean doznes if you roam around on a slow day...
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

I have found several QL 116 IDs in TLR south of 6R fgrid point. Theoretically if GA3 drops off mobs outside mishs, theres a chance to get it there. Haven't looked north of road yet, will have to do so. The bileswarm workers seem to drop IDs more often than defenders. They both drop IDs though.
    Happy hunting!

Question Manex

Where can i find ql Manex december

I found GA3 on a Brain Dog in Enigma Forest

Fairly easy way to find GA... get in a full team (or as many people as you can get in), and roll a team mission so that the bosses QL will be that of the GA disc youre after. Blitz the mission until the boss room, and kill the boss.

I found GA3 on a boss the other day doing this, ql131 mission (yes I know that goes against what I said for the mission ql.... the difference there was sheer luck). A guildie found GA4 the same day using the same method.

Some things to note:

The more people in your team, the more loot on the boss
    The higher your team level, the better the loot
    The faster you blitz, the more missions you can do, the greater chance of finding it

This is the best method I've seen...

Originally posted by Lynyah
    Fairly easy way to find GA... get in a full team (or as many people as you can get in), and roll a team mission so that the bosses QL will be that of the GA disc youre after. Blitz the mission until the boss room, and kill the boss.

I found GA3 on a boss the other day doing this, ql131 mission (yes I know that goes against what I said for the mission ql.... the difference there was sheer luck). A guildie found GA4 the same day using the same method.

Some things to note:

The more people in your team, the more loot on the boss
    The higher your team level, the better the loot
    The faster you blitz, the more missions you can do, the greater chance of finding it
    Everyone talks about locations, etc. PLEASE stop wasting valuable time hunting in the middle of nowhere (unless you just *really* don't like plants or muties ).

The method described above (team mission) is a PROVEN method. My GF started playing AO with me less than 6 months ago. She likes to play solo so she does a lot of missions. She rolls LLRLRR missions and has found four GA IDs (2 MK1s, and 2 MK2s) since she stared playing. So that is 4 GA IDs in 6 months and she is NOT hunting the ID, she just runs into them.

I'm not going to list her to avoid having people pestering her with tells. Please do a little research, ALL of the data needed can be found within the fixer forum. Her trick is, she kills EVERYTHING in the mission, not just the boss. She has never found an ID on a boss actually, it has always been on a mob.

This method also helps you gain valuable tokens (for clammers and omni), so even if you don't find the ever elusive ID, you'll at least be working on your 1K (or higher) board.

Hope this info helps...
    Last edited by Dono; Aug 29th, 2003 at 14:17:01.
    -Dono
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Found mine yesterday :)

I found my GA2 disk on a 2 person team mission in Varmint Woods on one of those android corpse chest type things...

I've been blitzing solidly to save for it and got to 20 Mill and then I pull one in a mission with org buddies

You never can tell when lightning will strike but I guess waving a metal pole 10ft in the air will help!
    Bixxi MA lowbie Bixxi
    Bixxy the Fixer newb Bixxy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast