Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fixed Grafts.

Nanofox, those other issues might have nothing to do with this thread in particular, but they have something to do with you and your credibility as someone who keeps making threads in Game Suggestions about nerfs (which seem to be completely against the general consensus) and ridiculing others who demand other (much better backed, at least in numbers of people) nerfs.

On one hand, you're asking for nerfs left and right. Nerfs that would invariably make the lives of people harder for no other reason than making your life easier. Case in point: "Boohoo, I dun wanna use deroot items/whatever to get derooted when facing people without built-in root/snare nanos!" Another case in point: "Boohoo, I dun wanna have to do anything when I see pets! I want the pet user to come out of sneak when his pets attack so I can kill him! BTW, I'm too lazy to unsneak and mezz/root/snare/kill the pets!"

On the other hand, you have a habit of defending things that really NEED nerfing because they, invariably, make YOUR life VERY easy, while making the lives of the majority of players quite difficult. Case in point: Triple before 30% damage caps.

In your mind, others need to adjust (equip and so forth) to deal with YOU and your new powarz, while you shouldn't need to adjust to ANYTHING to deal with others, even though the things you are demanding to be nerfed have been ingame like since FOREVER.

All the while you keep claiming that your demands have nothing to do with NTs, while everyone with half a brain cell can tell that when you make a thread, you're making it from your skewed NT point of view (which most NTs don't even share with you, since, just like the others, they can live with the quirky lil things this game has) rather than from, say, the doc, enf, soldier, adv, engineer and so forth point of view. And why is that? Because you make it so darn obvious, that's why.
    Last edited by Swordbreaker; Oct 14th, 2007 at 22:15:15. Reason: Schluups made me look at my post and I had to fix it. ;( Added new content, too. So it's a content patch!1!11
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

"On the other hand, you defend (and defended) things that need(ed) nerfing because they, invariably, made your life VERY easy, while making the lives of everyone else but the members of your prof very hard."

You may want to rephrase that .
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Schluups View Post
    "On the other hand, you defend (and defended) things that need(ed) nerfing because they, invariably, made your life VERY easy, while making the lives of everyone else but the members of your prof very hard."

You may want to rephrase that .
    Whyyyyy? It says what I meant to say, even if it's not exactly easy on the eyes. Nanofox *did* keep defending things relating to NTs which needed a nerf (Triple before the 30% cap change just as an example - what a joke), and now is crying nerf on things that practically no one else seems to think that needs to be nerfed. NT is obviously Nanofox's chosen profession. Even though he may play other professions, too, he's always coming across as the current professional NT forum troll. No one should have any difficulty understanding which prof I'm talking about in the quote above.

But hell, I think I'll do some work on that post anyway, I'm seeing typos now that you made me look. ;(
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker View Post
    Nanofox, those other issues might have nothing to do with this thread in particular, but they have something to do with you and your credibility as someone who keeps making threads in Game Suggestions about nerfs (which seem to be completely against the general consensus) and ridiculing others who demand other (much better backed, at least in numbers of people) nerfs.

On one hand, you're asking for nerfs left and right. Nerfs that would invariably make the lives of people harder for no other reason than making your life easier. Case in point: "Boohoo, I dun wanna use deroot items/whatever to get derooted when facing people without built-in root/snare nanos!" Another case in point: "Boohoo, I dun wanna have to do anything when I see pets! I want the pet user to come out of sneak when his pets attack so I can kill him! BTW, I'm too lazy to unsneak and mezz/root/snare/kill the pets!"

On the other hand, you have a habit of defending things that really NEED nerfing because they, invariably, make YOUR life VERY easy, while making the lives of the majority of players quite difficult. Case in point: Triple before 30% damage caps.

In your mind, others need to adjust (equip and so forth) to deal with YOU and your new powarz, while you shouldn't need to adjust to ANYTHING to deal with others, even though the things you are demanding to be nerfed have been ingame like since FOREVER.

All the while you keep claiming that your demands have nothing to do with NTs, while everyone with half a brain cell can tell that when you make a thread, you're making it from your skewed NT point of view (which most NTs don't even share with you, since, just like the others, they can live with the quirky lil things this game has) rather than from, say, the doc, enf, soldier, adv, engineer and so forth point of view. And why is that? Because you make it so darn obvious, that's why.
    epic post....... QFT
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    epic post....... QFT
    Seconded.

If ql200 grafts came charged up with burden of atlas I'd understand a complaint that they only roll against innate root resistance and not nano resist. However since they land some crappy break in one hit, removed with one FM, removed with one pulse of enervate, removed with <insert any other random root removal tool here> then having them check against NR -as well- is just dumb and here's why:

Hacked Boosted Grafts are -obviously- intended to be used by everyone. Otherwise, they wouldn't be hackable.

Not all professions have the required attack skills of the original nano to have a hope in hell's chance of landing it on someone with any decent amount of nano resist which let's face it, at TL7, everyone does.

So, say it checks nano resist: We have an item that we can right click and have nothing happen every 10 minutes or so. Woo.

If you want it to check nano resist, then I'll take a recharge the same as regular root nanos thanks. This is called balance. Like keeper dimach, 9k heal, locked to an hour so it can't be spammed, or regular potentially 30% capping dimach, locked to half an hour (cept MAs and their's isn't spammable either) and these are pretty much guaranteed to happen so have long recharges.

Root grafts, long recharge...gee I'm spotting a pattern here.

Whether they're working as FC intended or not (I like the original idea of only the ql200s being 100% chance to cast) they way they currently work is in no way overpowered and arguing that they are is well, just dumb. How a 20ish second root once every 10 minutes is overpowered given all the options available to remove it is beyond me. If you want to argue that root grafts are overpowered because of their mechanics, well here's one for you:

The deck version of burden of atlas is overpowered. Why? Because I say so. Also because sure while it checks nano resist as well as root resist well damn it has a much shorter recharge than my graft does! You also have much higher nanoskills with which to bypass the NR check as an NT especially if you consider that you can debuff those defense skills with relative ease. So your much shorter recharging much longer duration root is (using Nanofox type logic here) checking pretty much the same defenses as my root graft does, ie, direct root resistance and oh my god if that isn't overpowered.

Except it isn't, is it and neither are the grafts.

Fix the nano cast interruption, leave the defense checks alone this is actually one thing in pvp that has any kind of balance to it.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

FYI, as a nt you can get 100% root resistance against grafts and normal roots if you combine the Hacky Tack perk with the best free movement nano, enfraams... i tought it was. that nano adds a 20% root resist for 20s ish
    combine with hacky tack=110%

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhoundje View Post
    FYI, as a nt you can get 100% root resistance against grafts and normal roots if you combine the Hacky Tack perk with the best free movement nano, enfraams... i tought it was. that nano adds a 20% root resist for 20s ish
    Except the root removers that do that, have silly cast and recharge times, not really practical since 20s is pretty reactive and if you stand still to cast it, you may as well be rooted anyway.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhoundje View Post
    If you are talking about Izgimmer's Transposed Restraints, the root resist lasts 10s only, and the nano takes about 3 full seconds to cast, standing still, not practical to avoid being rooted, since you as good as rooted yourself casting it.

Tacky hack isn't a NT perk either.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Its a solitus perk yes. tho my point is rootgrafts can be beaten. tho its an element of the game. nerf=nerf melee profs. let them have there grafts cause dont forget there is a cooldown on em. so then wont be spamming them on you 24/7.

Bump for both :
    I'm always amazed to see that NR2 people (with low nano skills then) can root with grafts, and when target has 2.5K+ NR.
    Root grafts executes a nano in opponent's NCU, that nano has NR check... it should be countered, that simple.
    I never noticed about the nanocast interruption, but if it's a case, clearly a bug that need a fix.

Here's the defense skills against Feet of Stone
    Code:
    Defense skills
    Level 	            325 %
    Nano resist 	90 %
    Just the level skill should avoid Feet of Stone to land on lvl 220 peeps.
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

For all we know, those grafts can have 30k nanoskills.

After all, what they do is execute a nano for you.

We agree that grafts execute a nano for you...
    We also agree that the nano lands 100% on target (no fumble for example)

We disagree that nano doesn't check for target's nano resist skill (and level skill)
    We disagree that graft interrupts your current nano execution.
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

I like my nt...

I like my shade...

I dislike profs that dont have the toolset given naturally to root people being given the opportunity to use roots that have the added bonus of being unstoppable.

Root grafts do not check vs nr. *Tested vs 22.5k NR*
    Root grafts DO NOT correctly check vs resistance correctly (from NR+unstunnable perklines) *tested on NR8 (100% resist) shade*

For the record - specials such as brawl will also stun people with 100% resist to stun regardless of hitting target.

Where is the balance, in giving profs that in some cases (advs/keepers) are unrootable through toolset roots, the ability to root people.

Defend rootgrafts and you might as well be supporting giving spec blocker/nbs/gth/ch/ubt grafts to people.

Toolsets are designed for individual professions - those that rely on being able to root/snare are being given a hard time by giving all other profs access to said tools.

Offensive grafts ARE broken, they need fixing.

*Official FC GM response to petition regarding the use of grafts = working as intended *
    Proud Member of Unity - RK2

Ilubreclaim - 220 Shade (Semi-retired)
    Dewknukem - 211 NT
    Kungfewl - 165 MA
    Thecode - 150 Agent

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456