Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed Grafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    It's a stupid ql<20 nano, of course it should fail to land on.......etc
    However, it isnt a ql20 Nano, its a graft.

Sadly, I dont have a copy of the "AO Bible Of Item Definitions (ABOID)" in which I can look up these grafts and see the definitive FC answer, which could be "These Grafts are intended to work this way" or could be "These grafts are bugged".

Unfortunately the ABOID is either sitting in FC's offices, or more likely was carted off by a prior Game Director. So the current Game Director can either look these up and find out, or make his own mind up..... if he hasnt already.
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    However, it isnt a ql20 Nano, its a graft.
    It's a QL20 nano on a graft.

And ever heard of email, Loul?
    Syy

It's a QL20 nano on a graft.

And ever heard of email, Loul?
    Let me clarify....... there is one "bug" related to these grafts as FC have already stated. However, that these grafts root people isnt it.... ok?
    stuff

Let me clarify....... there is one "bug" related to these grafts as FC have already stated. However, that these grafts root people isnt it.... ok?
    There is *at least* one bug with those grafts, and i'm not allowed to discuss your question with you. Ask Funcom

'nuff said.
    Syy

Roots are a unique ability of a few selected classes, who's only chance of survival are keeping above lovechilds on distance. Those grafts just pervert that idea and turn that ability into a huge disadvantage.
    I would agree with you, if they had the same recharge... but they don't.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I would agree with you, if they had the same recharge... but they don't.
    So what? I'm pretty sure that i don't have to use a 100% certain to land root more than once every 7 minutes, and in the city pvp-environment for example where you might be heavily outnumbered you get hit with a bunch of those roots within 30 seconds.

It's the same lame argument as 'omni-SBloit-root isn't overpowered, as it has a 4h recharge'...
    Syy

So what? I'm pretty sure that i don't have to use a 100% certain to land root more than once every 7 minutes, and in the city pvp-environment for example where you might be heavily outnumbered you get hit with a bunch of those roots within 30 seconds.

It's the same lame argument as 'omni-SBloit-root isn't overpowered, as it has a 4h recharge'...
    Not exactly the same I dare say, as everyone can use the grafts, which ain't the case for Omni SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Not exactly the same I dare say, as everyone can use the grafts, which ain't the case for Omni SB.
    Even if everyone could use the Omni SB, it's still overpowered regardless of it's recharge time. And roots should be available to those few classes who have this as one of their few advantages in the first place, and not given to the public in a way more powerful version. It's silly that i'm forced to use a lowbie ql NT-root regulary...
    Syy

Even if everyone could use the Omni SB, it's still overpowered regardless of it's recharge time. And roots should be available to those few classes who have this as one of their few advantages in the first place, and not given to the public in a way more powerful version. It's silly that i'm forced to use a lowbie ql NT-root regulary...
    Yet, you can use it and if it runs out or fails you still have your ordinary roots.

Also...I'm sure you'll disagree here, but as I see it you are not using a NT root, but a graft.

FC may have chosen to use the NT root indirectly through the graft in order to save making a new entry in the DB or whatever, which is not exactly an uncommon way for FC to achieve various effects in the game...

Like the Leets they use for making earthquakes and whatever... ofc you can be right and it's a bug, but I don't think and hope so...

If I did not have the option on my keeper to sometimes use a graft on an opponent, I would spent 80% of my time on BS looking at "Out of range" messages when attacking awake targets that starts kiting, and I'm pretty sure every other melee class will agree to that. I can't think of a single situation, where I have noticed that problem with my Doc, as long as my opponents looked to be within reasonable range.

Synch issues may be the cause, and so on, but it's a fact it's a problem and highly unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm a crat, I have regular roots and I still love the root grafts. It's the only thing I can use to get a head start when a mongo raging trox is running at me and all my perks are down. Regular roots are far more unreliable and require you to stand still.

So in short; grafts are already fixed

There is *at least* one bug with those grafts, and i'm not allowed to discuss your question with you. Ask Funcom

'nuff said.
    Actually my only question was "ok?" I am aware of what the grafts do, and wasnt asking any question about it.
    stuff

Actually my only question was "ok?" I am aware of what the grafts do, and wasnt asking any question about it.
    I'm afraid that i'm not allowed to answer with 'No, not ok'.
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    They aren't checking NR only direct resistances, despite casting nanos that are meant to. Broken. Please, fix it.
    What makes you think this is broken? I've always viewed it as exactly what was desired and see absolutely no reason for it to be any different - beyond giving ranged an even greater advantage over melee, of course.

They interupt nanocasts. Unintended. Please, fix it. (this is not the target recieves recharge bug, that was fixed already, sort of).

You like fixing old bugs, here are 2 perfect ones.

/flame shield on.
    Definitely needs to be fixed.

Sycceria - roots aren't "unique abilities." They are just nanos that your profession uses - and can use much more effectively on a whole. 2 roots every 5 minutes vs your root spam - on average, you're still on the upside. Grafts exist for a reason - whether you disagree with it or not is a different matter.
    Last edited by Lumifly; Oct 12th, 2007 at 13:53:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    What makes you think this is broken? I've always viewed it as exactly what was desired and see absolutely no reason for it to be any different - beyond giving ranged an even greater advantage over melee, of course.
    And giving the pets Nanofox so much pheers the chance to actually get close enough to swipe at the target instead of running in the wall(s)/getting kited!!11! Actually, it gives melee guys a chance to hit the ranged guys, too, if they manage to root them close enough to themselves. Everyone benefits from the grafts, even rooters.

But! I say this is ACTUALLY yet another part of Nanofox's personal crusade to nerf all pet users into oblivion! THere's a long long list of nerf demands by him which would lower the desirability of being a pet user in a PvP environment!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Well done bringing your hate/dislike of Nts, or possibly just me into this thread, spouting stuff from a completely unrelated thread. Gives real strength to anything you say.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I don't dislike NTs. The other guess was correct. You're leaving a trail of "nerf everyone now that NTs are stronger!!!" threads all across the board, what reason is there to like you? ;p

And what I said was not completely unrelated to this thread - the grafts ARE useful for pet profs. Very, very much so. Just like they're useful for everyone. So, removing them would nerf the said pet profs again, right after your sneak nerf!

I bet if I dug a little deeper I'd find more "nerf everyone but NTs!" threads by you!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Dig deeper, a few threads have NTs as point of focus, rest just trolls derailing original thread topic and twisting it into a NT hate thread. Much like the pet/conceal one, zero to do with NTs, yet its all the blind and nublike can post.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Dig deeper, a few threads have NTs as point of focus, rest just trolls derailing original thread topic and twisting it into a NT hate thread. Much like the pet/conceal one, zero to do with NTs, yet its all the blind and nublike can post.
    Seeing as NTs benefit more than anyone from borked sneak, complaining about other borked sneak mechanics as an NT is pretty hypocritical.
    stuff

Seeing as NTs benefit more than anyone from borked sneak
    No we don't...

And that has nothing to do with this topic.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

No we don't...
    Yes you do.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast