Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed Grafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    lol
    Care to enlighten on that? Since you either fail to see the difference between resistance and NR, or what a percentage of resistance is, judging by what you quote.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I think some1 don't like that enemy graft-root him when his nanobot guard/shielding is about to end. Too bad for you.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    I think some1 don't like that enemy graft-root him when his nanobot guard/shielding is about to end. Too bad for you.
    These are bugs and need fixing, no matter how I feel about them.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    More broken than a proffesion than can Debuff the only defense against their nukes ? what other profession can do that ? Now thats brokken

No, the resist thing is not broken its by design, you are wrong. Why don't you get that after so many people tell you.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    More broken than a proffesion than can Debuff the only defense against their nukes ? what other profession can do that ? Now thats brokken
    ...and this profession does not have any attack withoutdefence check (look, what needs fixing)...
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    No, the resist thing is not broken its by design, you are wrong. Why don't you get that after so many people tell you.
    No, ALL a graft does is cause you to cast a nano 100% of time without fumble, thats why you get recharge, they are not not meant to land 100% of time.

If they meant to land 100% of time direct root resistance (the tacky hack/boon kind) wouldn't stop them landing, but they do, which means they are meant to check resistances, and for NR it doesn't. It's broken and need fixing.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

They check resistance, not NR. They were intended not to check NR. Imo, they shouldnt even check resistances.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    They check resistance, not NR. They were intended not to check NR. Imo, they shouldnt even check resistances.
    All they do is cause you to cast a nano, that nano has defence checks, NR, though it seems to skip this part, hence the brokeness.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Wrong, this doesn't work like a normal nano, or you'd get 'Target is unaffected' or 'Target resisted your' part. It's not broken, this is just how it works. Your reasoning is flawed. You claim it's broken because it doesn't check NR. You completely fail to realize maybe it was intended this way as to allow all classes to use and land them. not every class has high MC/T&S.

That aside, I don't see your problem with this anyway. It only stops you from running for a second and benefits every class equally. I'm a crat, I have roots, I still use root grafts. If I see a MR enf rushing at me? Root graft and kite. Works both ways ofcourse, but that's something you'll have to deal with.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 25th, 2007 at 14:38:11.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Wrong, this doesn't work like a normal nano, or you'd get 'Target is unaffected' or 'Target resisted your' part. It's not broken, this is just how it works. Your reasoning is flawed.
    The target gets the "Target is unaffected" message. When my fixer had GA(50% Root resist) I would often see "You were unaffected by Lesser Paralyze With Indecision from Yourself" That would imply that when someone uses a graft on me, it forces me to cast the root on myself so to speak, which would imply that there 'should' be a NR check, but I think it is broken as intended otherwise someone with high TS/MC would be more vulnerable to the graft than someone who IP reset those skills :P

Any yeah, it's retarded how grafts are the most reliable roots in the game, I can never land normal roots on anyone since everyone is NR perked these days :P
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Bump.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Bump.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Back to page 1.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Well it's you vs everyone...will never happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mrstabbor View Post
    Well it's you vs everyone...will never happen :P
    Nonsense, for one thing others have agreed, and another, a bug is a bug, needs fixing like it or not.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

It's not a bug, it's working as intended. It's on 10+ minutes lock anyways ffs.

Nano cast interruption fix would be nice tho.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Since it's been explained many many many times on these forums since this game went live I'll repeat it one more time.

QL 200 Feet of Stone
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128164&patch=14070800
    Looks T&S 800 Seconds
    CastStunNano Target Feet of Stone 100%
    Means 100% of executing that nano in others NCU

This is in direct disparity to the graft as it stood in release 13.2: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128164&patch=13020000
    Looks T&S 2600 Seconds
    CastStunNano Target Feet of Stone 95%
    Means 95% of executing that nano in others NCU
    (The QL6 one in this patch had only 60% chance of landing)

For nano's that are actually cast, it calculates the percent chance of landing based on attack skills and resist skills. For these and other items like these (think procs), the game assigns a percent chance of landing for balance. I.E. not everyone is capable of high nano skills, so this is a balance for the non nano intensive professions.

Although I would've preferred they stayed the way they were in 13.2 with a graded percent (making the 200 more valuable by quite a bit) and not 100% guarantee landing... I think 95% is plenty.

If it was meant to directly land resistances like tacky hack would stop that happening, and if it didn't just cause a player to cast the nano there be no casting recharge.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

If it was meant to directly land resistances like tacky hack would stop that happening, and if it didn't just cause a player to cast the nano there be no casting recharge.
    Name: Tacky Hack
    QL: 1
    Patch: 15.61
    Description: The effect of this special is a root resist buff. This one will provide 90% protection against most known roots.

Check out the bold and drop the tacky hack argument, since the item doesn't say it works on ALL roots.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast