Thread: Freelance: Time running out for RUR's directors?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Time running out for RUR's directors?

Time running out for RUR's directors?
    September 20, 29481 - Newland City Press [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - RUR's board of directors retained control of the company at their annual shareholder meeting, but only by the slimmest of margins.

Shareholders of the robotics firm Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR) were called to vote this Sunday to retain or dismiss RUR's current board of directors at RUR’s international headquarters in the Coast of Peace. The vote went in favour of the current management, but only with a very narrow margin - 35.4% in favour, 31.5% against.

This came on the back of poor financial results for RUR. Nearly five years since its founding, RUR has still to show any sign of making a profit. Despite its innovative designs, the company’s image has been harmed by concerns over the safety of its robots and a poor environmental record. Revenue coming in from robot sales has largely gone towards paying for the mounting fines and legal costs.

Over 33% of the shareholders abstained from the vote. This was in part due to the sudden, violent death of many RUR shareholders, killed when a surprise Kyr’Ozch incursion at RUR's HQ temporarily interrupted the meeting right before the voting was due. Were it not for the sudden alien rampage it is quite possible the vote may gone differently.

RUR director Charissa "Dabblez" Jurik had this to say after the meeting; "I am naturally very sorry for the families of anyone who might have been killed at our shareholder meeting, but to be honest I am just grateful I still have a job."

and the bomb for chaupin?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Yes, well fortunately the bomb helped dispose of some of the aliens, so it all sort of evens out.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

talk about bad luck...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Thanks Dabblez, your signature clarified my "wtf, who?"

Note to editor, include the full name of abbreviations somewhere in your report.

Err and thank you. It is noted that you are putting out more report, this -is- vital and appreciated.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post

Shareholders of the robotics firm Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)were called to vote this Sunday to retain or dismiss RUR's current board of directors at RUR’s international headquarters in the Coast of Peace. The vote went in favour of the current management, but only with a very narrow margin - 35.4% in favour, 31.5% against.
    2nd paragraph of the article spelled out what RUR was.....
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

Appologies, must have been sleep deprived.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."