Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: patch no warning

Originally posted by Graxxus
    Well they did need to take the server down for mainteance anyway. Any program that has memory leaks as bad as AO, should (and generally do) take their servers down at least once a week. Almost every game I have ever played based on Direct X 8+ has been plagued with memory leaks that seem impossible to remove. Even Allegiance, Microsoft Research's game they developed to test the coding for dplay in Direct X 8, was plagued with numerous memory leaks that they could not fix. So I don't blame Funcom too much for having memory leaks. I can wait a little while longer for a decent patch...will be nice to see a patch that doesn't have an agent nerf in there somewhere.

What puzzles me is why they wait so long before they make updates to the test server. They should test the patch that will be going on live for at least a couple of days prior to going live with it. If they find bugs fix them and test on test for another couple days...repeat till they get it right before sending to live. Most of the problems we get is all the crap they add in last minute that the testers on test never see untill the patch goes live. Stop that annoying practice and we might get somewhere.
    I rather doubt the servers have anything to do with DirectX. But the rest of your post is pretty much on the ball - giving testlive the 'final' patch just hours before isn't good... Better than not doing it of course, which has also happened...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

me is a mad cow camper.

I can't get test to work, which is my comps fault not mine. I have had it worked on 5 times, so back to the 4 hour wait for nadda.

Ok, 1 funcom lied to us. They said they didn't have the quality to go live, yet it is the same quality of every other patch.

This is what it should have said.

We didn't have enough forsite to test the patch live on the test server(even though that is its purpose), so people had to quick rush to let funcom know it was broke, were sorry we did something so half- a**ed. The patch is moved 1 week, so we can find out why the MA couldn't attack, and why the fix wouldn't let engies do anything.

Funcom

Too many threads on this now. I made an 'official' one to keep it in one place and not drown other posts out.

Closing this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12