Thread: Plz make new pet commands

Plz make new pet commands

They really need to add pet commands so it is easier to control multiple pets.

Such as:

/pet - Would be a command to all pets like it currently is now
    /pet1 - Would be a command for your attacking pet
    /pet2 - Would be a command for your healing pet
    /pet3 - Would be a command for your Mez pet.

Agreed.

Then again, I should be able to target the pet in question and order it to attack the next targetted bad guy. It doesn't work that way. As a crat, my C3P0 and my charmees all go after the same mob which isn't what you always want to do.

/macro pet1 /pet rename pet1
    /marcro attack /pet pet1 attack

You get the idea.

make your own hotkeys.

personally I go with rosco as the name of my healer and Flash as the name of my attacker

"GO get em flash .. coo coo coo" MUAHAHA

mez pet will be boss hog, or maybe daisy hehehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yes, this feature would be much appreciated.

ATM you can't afford to rename your pets if you hunt solo since you don't have the time to rename a pet before making it attack/heal.

Especially in missions and solo where time matters.

It's fine for healers and mez pets (only have to make new macros) but it's a pain for attack pets.

ATM you can't afford to rename your pets if you hunt solo since you don't have the time to rename a pet before making it attack/heal.
    I've never had any trouble solo.
    I just don't bother renaming my pet.

I guess it's an old habit from back when pets used to last 10 minutes. Renaming pets is a waste of time in my opinion. There's no need to rename pets whatsoever.

/macro ATTACK /pet "Frenzy Embodiment" attack
    /macro HEAL /pet restite heal
    /macro FIX_PET_PATHING /pet terminate
    Last edited by Miir; Dec 24th, 2001 at 17:07:11.

Re: Yes, this feature would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Miriandel
    As a MP friend of mine has pointed out, there is a discussion somewhere in these forums about making scripts to do all that for you. You'd have a script which renames your pets as you create them, then you'd have macros setup with the names you have set for those pets. Easy enough. You could even do it as macros.

/macro healername /pet "Whatever healing pet is called" rename healmeister

should work something like that. Then timing would be a matter of hitting pet creation nano/hotkey then hitting macro key.

Scripts:

pet1:
    /pet "Anger Manifestation" %1

pet2:
    /pet "Medinos" %1

pet3:
    /pet "Deranged Mindreaver" %1

/pet1 attack
    /pet2 heal
    /pet3 guard

And that's just the beginning...

/me snaps his hand shut before anyone grabs the pebble...
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Originally posted by Miir

I've never had any trouble solo.

I guess it's an old habit from back when pets used to last 10 minutes. Renaming pets is a waste of time in my opinion. There's no need to rename pets whatsoever.

/macro ATTACK /pet "Frenzy Embodiment" attack
    /macro HEAL /pet restite heal
    /macro FIX_PET_PATHING /pet terminate
    If you rename your pet, you don't need to change all your macros when you upgrade pets. If you group with traders, its especially nice. Also, its usually no hassle whatsoever to do so if you buff your pets, since they are targeted anyway. Plus, renaming pets has a ton of roleplaying value. The only disadvantage I see is if you're in the heat of battle and your pet dies, its one additional step to get the pet back in the fray.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

If you rename your pet, you don't need to change all your macros when you upgrade pets.
    I've been using Restite and Frenzy Embodiment for months.

Taking 15 seconds to type a new macro is hardly an inconvenience.

Plus, renaming pets has a ton of roleplaying value
    True

Originally posted by Miir

Renaming pets is a waste of time in my opinion. There's no need to rename pets whatsoever.

A guildmate of mine named one good reason to rename your pets.

He was in a dungeon with another Meta. While tabbing through the pets he kept hitting the other meta's unnamed pet. Thinking it was his he wassted time trying to re-name it so that it would correctly respond to his macros...

When teamed with other metas non-renamed pets could cause confusion.
    Imagine having one of your pets stuck somewhere in a dungeon, but thinking that the other meta's pet is yours, and you try to give it that crucial "/pet heal" command

The only pet command that I desperately want is /pet summon.This command will instantly summon your pet no matter how far he is.
    Last edited by Leumas; Dec 31st, 2001 at 09:16:06.

He was in a dungeon with another Meta. While tabbing through the pets he kept hitting the other meta's unnamed pet. Thinking it was his he wassted time trying to re-name it so that it would correctly respond to his macros...
    That person needs to pay attention a little bit more.
    Wasting time trying to rename someone elses pet? Give me a break.

When teamed with other metas non-renamed pets could cause confusion.
    Imagine having one of your pets stuck somewhere in a dungeon, but thinking that the other meta's pet is yours, and you try to give it that crucial "/pet heal" command
    If you don't know where your pets are at all times, you're a pretty bad meta.

I pride myself in my pet control.
    I have seen way too many twink metas that would probably have a hard time controlling one pet...

Don't waste Funcom's time with pointless suggestions like this when other professions (that have a hard time soloing 40% missions) require some attention and balancing.

The only thing that metas need now is pet pathing improvements.