Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to pacth for the 3rd time

Quote Originally Posted by sukas View Post
    could be something that Transgaming needs to fix rather than Funcom, though, so make sure to let them know about all that as well.. AO is supposed to be a supported game so I'd guess they'd take a look into it especially if it's not just a temporary problem but will stay that way with the future patches too
    That's not impossible. I'm in their beta team and I've discussed about this in the IRC channel and posted on the mailing list. The source of the problem is rather hard to track down without having the source though, so some input from FunCom would help tremendously.
    Last edited by Mikenche; Aug 25th, 2007 at 06:55:00.

Re-installing the game didn't help here, same error, sended mail to support now. Also trying that manual patching (again).
    220 Martial Artist // AL 30 // LE 65

~Proud member of Angelic Retribution~

Have the cedega users tried downloading the 17.5.2 - 17.5.3 EP1 exe file and patching with WINE not cedega? Regardless of whether you normally play with cedega or not (I play day to day with wine and use cedega on AI ships).

Worked fine for me right away.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Have the cedega users tried downloading the 17.5.2 - 17.5.3 EP1 exe file and patching with WINE not cedega? Regardless of whether you normally play with cedega or not (I play day to day with wine and use cedega on AI ships).

Don't think the problem is related to that, i am using windows and having exactly thesame problems as them.
    220 Martial Artist // AL 30 // LE 65

~Proud member of Angelic Retribution~

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

I can't even get the .exe to wrork in wine

have even placed a post about it on the wine app database
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

As a temporary fix, I just bumped the version number in version.id.
    Hlep gnak!

Has there been any other progress on this? im having this problem trying to patch right now. I have tried the manual patches, autopatcher, reinstalling, uninstall and reinstall. Nothing seems to work, I was hoping someone found a fix.
    (o>
    //\
    V_/_

Playing AO on Gentoo + Fluxbox

It seems there are a few of us out there with this hiccup at the moment...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12