Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive TL7 NT

Defensive TL7 NT

I was just looking over my old NT and decided it would be nice to revamp it and see whats what in NT-land, since i haven't really played my NT in over 2 years and i have a couple hundred mil to waste.

So i decided to see what an endgame defensive NT might look like, and heres my result. First question i guess is am i missing anything important evade/AAD-wise?

second question is that I was wondering if many NT's take the defensive approach, does it work at all, and whats NT's biggest weakness at TL7?

edit: i suppose i should mention my NT is a NM
    Last edited by Whitey; Jul 5th, 2008 at 08:12:33.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Look at Graftmage's setup in his signature. Replace OFAB chest with Mystical Force Tight Shirt or Scout Chest, OFAB back with NotuComm. You are also missing NT nano deck, i would recommed to wear it for better layers and reflect.

Does it work? Sometimes. Do you have an access to high level towers? For evade setup to work you usually need to blind your target. But with 110% blind resist most combat professions will hit you and best will hit you even blinded.

Evade NTs were nerfed by 110% blind resist a lot, but its still good option. Just dont expect it to work against everyone.

back and chest kinda stand out as strange in a non- +dmg setup. thinkin def would be more like sodn/notucomm back and scouts/mft chest. similar thoughts bout some of the other ofab gear.

also wheres your range increaser hehe. in such a low ar setup you should need to cb stuff asap ya?

other stuff springs to mind but meh, what's it matter?

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

I didnt really want to nerf the +dmg by too much which is why i did a sort of 'compromise' with ofab back/chest. but i guess a defensive setup would be in the 'all or nothing' spirit...

Is the range increaser that important? :s also call me a noob but what do you mean by 'cb stuff asap'?

ALSO - does blind ring land on people with the 110% resist?
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

only spot for improvement i would see, apart from what ninst already noted, is to have a iGoC in the left shoulder spot, and ado pants and maiden gloves ready for swapping, maybe cs pants too
    :edit: vs some classes that dont require NR to fight, screw the hhab and use a Ring of Summoned Terror
    Last edited by sannz; Jul 5th, 2008 at 15:13:46.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Nope, the ring dont land.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Is the range increaser that important? :s also call me a noob but what do you mean by 'cb stuff asap'?
    as noted the setup is very low AR-- missing a lot of available nanoskill buffing items --so yo'ure going to need to do a fair amount of CB (Constant Barrage, SL nano, 3x stacking -1K NR debuff) to land any non-deck nukes and to perk those perkable professions... to the point of reliance, I'd imagine.

obligatory noob rant: no need to call people noobs if the'yre learning! ao is a bloody enormous game and ever evolving so you should always be picking up new information

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Straes View Post
    back and chest kinda stand out as strange in a non- +dmg setup.
    The max nano from Ofab chest boosts guards use, maybe not so notable now with IW but I'll still be using it.

I swap between ofab and MFT chests myself depending on if i want NR or damage/guard.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I'd swap that alien hud in spot one with a dmg 4% thingy and replace ofab chest with a mystical (275). Also swap master with a technical bracer.
    That way you'll have more dmg, more defenses and nr. You'll also get lower hp.
    You won't notice a difference between about 45 and 46k nano pool.

Most of the time, that back that adds ranged defenses is better, and adds rs too.
    That cose most melee professions have huge ar and you should be avoiding contact with them (not always possible I agree).

Keep hhab. NR is part of a defensive nt setup, and 100 rs add is great.

Nanodeck is needed. Wenwen is better than some added all def.
    Use an infused thingy that adds to nanolines, and a ncu in hud2 so you can go nr1.

Well maybe forget about those nanolines thingy if you really wanna stick to evades/add all def.

Your defense mode setup is good for pvm (should probably use the scout helmet too then), but think you will have trouble for pvp. NR and rs are also nt defenses and you didn't invest in those.
    You also have a truckload of hp in that setup. I'm already kinda high hp, but you will have 2.5 k more with that setup, meaning our pathetic heals won't work as good on you, which is part of our defenses too. High hp is probably better for solitus than nm, since we don't have survival.
    All that hp will ofc also lower your ng efficiency a lil.
    Also, extreme evade/defense setup, to have a chance to work needs top of the line symbiants, which you may not have equiped if you are coming back from a long stay in the cupboard^^.
    Nanodeck takes ages to put out too, and you will need to put it in for the 160 evade buff and 3% more reflect. Layers are a part of our defenses too.

On the good side, you got some nice blind resist in there. Blinds are a pain to us.

As a "conclusion": extreme focusing on evades/add all def will actually make you weaker, I think.

I think only two approaches work for pvp:
    - high mc, low nr, good defenses
    - low mc, high nr, good defenses

I personaly favor low mc, good defenses, good nr and rs. With toys (nanodeck buffs and wenwen). Have tested that setup alot.
    High mc seems to me, mostly a gank those bloody traders setup , or good for mass pvp, where nr debuffing is a pain... have barely tested it though, so may be very wrong on that one... speaking for nms here.

Don't go freaky low hp setup, but try keeping a hold on it, becoze nms don't have decent heals and it lowers ng efficience... less a hassle now with iw though, or stick with a doc (if your girlfriend is one and you always team, then ok, otherwise, you rarely will get heals from others when you need them).

Our biggest weakness is the trader... they land gth in 0 to 1.5 secs... meaning that even when you kill them, they are back online before you are, at least in the bs. Root grafts are nt killers too. Blinds, nsd-ensd, stuns etc follow.
    Shades are a pain too, and not much you can do if they really want you dead, aka sneeking and focusing on you... but we are a pain to them too .

Was a long time since we seen someone that thought about a setup instead of just asking "I wanna good setup, give it to me". So kudos to yah.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

I'm heading toward the same sort of setup, this is what I have atm:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=109782

I'm working on getting the blind resist hud items/ancient tech bracer. Just wondered on people's opinions of that setup...and if it will make a difference. Also, what sort of perk setup should I aim for? I've currently got NR1 perked for the extra NR...but not sure where to go from there. Many thanks!

- Tar

See my sig =)
    Swapping between gilthar shorts/beast pants, depending on opposing fOrce.
    I have 275 focus tower and 200 transfer, thats 63 evades and 60 AAD.
    Setup results in ~2920 evade and ~3050 dodge defence combined.
    To effectively utilize that setup you need to keep opponents debuffed:
    -244 AAO from Blind (nerfed to hell with last patches........................................... ...........)
    -300 AAO from Dazzle With Lights (need Starfall 10 perked for that)
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Whitey that setup you posted is good for pvm..
    why do you guys need so much nano dmg in pvp?
    you got NBS for that - 200% and woohoo..

for serious i more think about 5k hp setup with some reflect bracers / full scout / add all def / heal delta items

once got flagged and asked fixer to alpha me with 2 setups
    First. was like your Whitey.. i had like 11-12k hp and was alphaed really fast.
    Second. was 5k hp, a lot aad / reflect and it was pretty hard to alpha me for fixer.. plus i could heal that HP faster than 11k

just working on HD atm

Fixer?

You adsorbed 1334 points of projectile damage.
    XXX hit you for 200 points of aimed shot damage.
    XXX tried to hit you but missed.
    You adsorbed 1334 points of energy damage.
    XXX hit you for 600 poits of burst damage.
    XXX tried to hit you with Full Auto but misses.
    Executing nano program Superior Fleeting Immunity...

I can tank most fixers like that

Evades are the key
    And as graftmage says above, with a blind and razzle dazzle, your pretty safe!

and get hps non of that low hp garbage!

I think that the low hp theory is pretty stupid. I know that it isnt theory but if ya wanna be PvM Nt, get combo of evades/AAD/hp.

If ya wanna PvP, expect loosing a lot of evades by going to low hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraniel View Post
    If ya wanna PvP, expect loosing a lot of evades by going to low hp.
    why?

ofab helm add hp, Alb bracer add hp, Alien Agu add hp, ofab boots add hp,
    Replace biomat shield or someting with Wen wen also cost evades,

@Eraniel
    Well i don't wanna to discuss this question about low or high hp you use before i try out both..

At least i see NT proffesion is not only specified for one setup..
    I can go high hp.. self is about 16k (buffed 21 :P)
    or full defence so about 2k evades + aad
    or full damadge
    etc..
    I like NT cause you can change and rise what you need in different situations

I have about 12.5k HP self in full evade setup. 12.5+1+3+2 on BS then

Ok Graft.. BS is easy :P
    Even firend who has MA and never played NT, did some BS on my NT easy with full dmg setup :P
    and he do not know a lot tricks i know about NT

How you do in duels?

btw, I'm sure NT can be good low and high hp.. you just can use stuff wich you like.. even full kgern will do cause resist GTH :P
    Last edited by antimateria; Jul 22nd, 2008 at 09:50:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast