Thread: Freelance: Shockwaves From RubiKa

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Shockwaves From RubiKa

Shockwaves From RubiKa
    August 18, 29481 - Mollie "Rielyn" Slomonski [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - We all knew the arrival of the Goliath Battle Stations several months ago would bring a great deal of change to life on Rubi-Ka, however none could have anticipated how exactly they would. Orbital strikes, air strikes, mechs, turrets, and even nanite enhanced gear and arms were brought to the planet to help push back the Kyr'Ozch invasion, and they did with remarkable speed keeping the aliens at a safe distance from the terra-formed portions of the planet.

However, The Clans and Omni-Tek were just as quick to turn these weapons against one another. Now every minute, clansmen, employees, and even neutrals pile into the numerous battle stations vying for control if even for less then an hour. So often that these once heated battles to aide their side’s war efforts, has almost become a sort of sport to the most frequent of combatants. Others have taken a more personalized turn, by actually recording their victories over other well-known names of Rubi-Ka. Many of these videos have begun to flood the grid across our planet. These underground video feeds have stirred up a decent sized fan base, some even petitioning for TruSpace Network to officially broadcast live feeds inside the battle stations of Rubi Ka. TruSpace, as of yet, has not responded.

In the meantime, the rate at which these videos are released still grows, as these new age gladiators showing off their combative skills, and metal over the grid, trying desperately to earn legendary status among their peers, and fans on ether side of the war. The progress of the war may have slowed to a stand off once again, however the fires of battle rage on just as hot as ever, enough to captivate the rest of the universe.

Ideal opportunity for some budding entrepeneurs to make some serious credits taking bets on battle station outcomes if it ever got broadcast live on TruSpace... it might actually give neutrals something to contribute to the struggle.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

You mean other than filling ranks when you Clan bois or your Omni opposites can't scrounge up enough warm bodies to man a Battlestation assault squad? But then, that IS what mercenaries are for, aren't they?
    Last edited by Namiru; Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:02:16.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Well, we did need something to laugh at.... watching you all run around trying to find a fence to sit on, none to be seen.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I do like quite a few neutrals (which is still less than %.10), but man do I gotta chime in on this one...

As often as I have been on the battlestations, gathering defense forces so that we can slow or halt the omni-tek machine from pointing guns at clan children and others, it suprises me how much the term fence sitting is in irony here.

For the most part, i see neutrals being quite neutral, until omni points a threat at them, and they side with omni against clan. This happens %99.9 of the time on battlestations. Its almost a new definition lately. I almost see it as a new neutrality feature, called "opportunism".

I did tell all my neutral friends beforehand, however.. that if we do meet on opposite sides of the battlefield, they have my respect - I wont hold back - but well chase a beer down later and have a chat about it on friendly terms. It does bother me, but what can I say.. we all have our choices to make.

Its a pretty sorry state for the affairs of neutral, but my heart goes out to the one I care for. I wish I could do something about it, but thats an oooooold hat of mine, that will prolly never see the light of day.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Oh how I do like your description of Omni-Tek as murdering jackasses. May I also remind you that the Goliath Battle Stations Are the Property Of Omni-Tek? also, We do not "Point" these stations at Clan "Children". They are for the Sole use of Defending against Kyr'Ozch Attacks. If you don't like that we have them, take it up with the ICC, terrorist.
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

Last time I checked the clans had a say in the battle stations as well, Silversone, and Jacobi both signed the agreeent to have them moved out here.

But I will say that Omni is doing a fine job of eliminating the Kyr'Ozch threat in and around clan held mining feilds, outposts, and cities. Bang up job as always.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Harrise View Post
    Oh how I do like your description of Omni-Tek as murdering jackasses. May I also remind you that the Goliath Battle Stations Are the Property Of Omni-Tek? also, We do not "Point" these stations at Clan "Children". They are for the Sole use of Defending against Kyr'Ozch Attacks. If you don't like that we have them, take it up with the ICC, terrorist.
    Wow. There are so many erroneous statements in this bit, I dunno where to begin.

Yes, some of you are murdering jackasses. You may not be, but you have more than nice chunk in the OT fold. And may I remind you, sir.. that the Goliath battlestations are NOT the property of Omni-tek at all. They are the property of the ICC, and your CEO decided to point them at us. ( Irony that, eh?)

So yes, yes your company does point them at our children. And until they revoke this order and stand down, people like me will come in and keep fighting.

And if you dont like the truth over your fiction, I highly suggest readin' back a few pages and start your rant over again, fool.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Strong words for a wanted Criminal.

I tell it like it is.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Im not saying your lying, Im saying you are rather bold for a wanted criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrise View Post
    Im not saying your lying, Im saying you are rather bald for a wanted criminal.
    they can't all have a sexy hairy head like me
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

thats a misqoute.