Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MA concerns, requests and general wishlist

Fix perk quequing.
    Fix bug : Deints affecting spec attacks.

Ask for longer duration versions of Fists, Dirty fighter, RI, etc. Any nano below 1h at least should have a longer version to be over with rebuffing every 25mn.

if the nano is easy to recast, is there a big reason to extend the duration? part of the game to refresh em!
    woofwoof!

Part of the game would obviously be to update 'em too, someday. ^^
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

New heal, new fear, new items to increase our overall offensive/defencive power, is it finally a good time to come back to playing an MA?
    Thanks to all those that stood by this uber prof over the years, seems we are getting somewhere finally, shame its happening after lots of good MAs quit though...
    Now lets whine till they come back

Ps: since im still listed as a prof ill open up a new thread to adress ma issues after 18.0, since this one is too long and irrelevant now to go thru
    Take advantage of it while it lasts
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Is an observant+strong armor combo on this list yet? because i'd kill for that.

Fellow MA's since we're coming up to a time of active balancing, it's a good time to get your ideas together and figure out what needs changing.

My biggest beef is the way reflects are setup:

with 13% graft +7% bracer +2% alb ring (or other random piece), we should be seeing a significant reduction in damage taken.

The problem is that if a capped hit (WOULD HAVE) hit you for more than your cap (max hp*0.3), then reflects aren't factored into the equation.

If you're hit for less than the cap: dmg taken<max hp*0.3, only then are reflects ie: dmg taken= dmg*(100%-(13%+other reflect%))

This is a major major major problem for MA's and other low HP profs, since it is likely that 99% of the damage you recieve will be from these attacks.

Hence, this reflect mechanism has screwed us.

IF high HP becomes a usable feature (still borked as fck) then this mechanism will either naturally start to work as max hp*0.3 becomes closer to the normal dmg of a SA or AS (not likely for agents), but it would be a way better solution to have the reflects working on capped hits as well, which would vastly improve our survivability.

Finally, MA's are suffering profusely due to the vastly overpowered attacks of ranged advy's, with a natural AS attack, combined with perfectly supported AR, ANNNND to top it off, 80% perk checks. Enforcers are perking MA's now without MR which was already a problem, but the 50% check on 1hb has exacerbated the issue.

How can the MA profession deal with these changes? It's likely a high HP setup will be the only solution.

The classic setup of spear/bow hotswap is nearly dead, and will be soon when SA/AS/FA goes on the same timer. How this will affect us is the obvious loss of a significant capping alpha hit.

Some MA's are focussing their setup on a large AS combined with fling shot and high crits and high evades, with a ofab tiger and CSS as the main weaponry.

To support the emerging contingent of ranged MA's what types of changes would be most appropriate? initial looks suggest an Aimed Shot modifier (and fling shot?) associated with "ranger" perkline.

I would also propose a Runspeed modifier added to the "spatial Displacement" perkline.

I'd like to see either a larger absorb on the "inner balance" MA attack or (I think this is more appropriate as a MA uses deflection more (think tai chi), reflects: like a 20% reflect, 0max reflected dmg for 15 seconds, just long enough to counter MR (or an alpha).

I'd like to see the proc on the MA ring proc more regularly, last longer, but at a far lower modifier: if it procced 20% of time on take hits, proccing for 10 seconds, at 250evades, would be way more helpful than proccing once for 4 seconds on the final hit of an alpha so it's only active while youre /reclaiming.

I'd also like to see Aimed shot added to a beast/ xan bow, AND be based on phys init. ranged init bows are useless to 99% of the MA population, and we really are due for a decent phys init bow that is usuable for PVP and PVM.

I got another request.

"wrestle"

brawl should get a secondary attack named "wrestle" (similar mechanics to backstab) which unlocks for enf and MA at 750 and scales accordingly through to 3000 skill.

the wrestle direct damage special should be 100% based on brawl AR+AAO, and have a direct damage component and have a chance of stun, regardless of hitting the target.

at 2000-3000 skill the damage should scale from 4000 dmg to 6000 dmg, with a higher min dmg than brawl normal, and have the same chance of stun, but a 3 second duration.
    Last edited by noobastank; Aug 13th, 2009 at 06:34:59. Reason: needed a name

You make it sound like a nowadays Enforcer's alpha cannot be taken on a "low" HPs MA.
    Low is now 13K ish HPs as MA. So with a proper timing on MoK, HB&M, RD, FoL and HHAB it can be tanked easily, I'm only saying this because XXX vs XXX arguments have never made devs looking forward to any profession's rework. Bump for the secondary brawling attack, but it'd make more stunning power for Enfs, and since a lot of people are already crying about their current stunning capacity with their new perk setup, it will most likely be ignored (they can actually reach 2,4K ish brawling skill easily). Definitely up for the Engelen's proc to fire more often btw. ^^
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Wtb New bow for ma and perks to follow so we can be viable in bs/mass pvp
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Don't try to justify your wish by pretending that we aren't "viable" in the BS, pretty please.
    Bump for the suggestion otherwise, not the argument, but the suggestion must be seriously considered someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Low is now 13K ish HPs as MA.
    Pff, that's nowhere near a low HP MA! I have .. *Tabs* ...11244 HP with ACDC, DB bracer, Alb bracer, and Xan board! But that's way off topic, as I didn't take the time to read what the latest things put here were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Heh, Support Chest for the way I presume. And something else probably, since it won't make SO much difference. Well I've got only 1K more than you (without Defenders of course) but also without ACDC. ^^
    But yeah I know it wasn't offensive so I'll only add one thing, all I meant is that we can no longer talk about "real" low HPs on a MA (in an average gear that's it).

Lower than what most people have yeah (because everybody's HPs have been boosted since we share Bracers etc ...) but not really "low" either. Only a very few Fixers still use this kinda setup (thanks to Matrix of Ka). xP

Heh, Support Chest for the way I presume. And something else probably, since it won't make SO much difference. Well I've got only 1K more than you (without Defenders of course) but also without ACDC. ^^
    But yeah I know it wasn't offensive so I'll only add one thing, all I meant is that we can no longer talk about "real" low HPs on a MA (in an average gear that's it).

Lower than what most people have yeah (because everybody's HPs have been boosted since we share Bracers etc ...) but not really "low" either. Only a very few Fixers still use this kinda setup (thanks to Matrix of Ka). xP
    Well, if I went low HP and didn't fear the counterparts, I could go as low as 6044 hp lol. Not sure any duel requires that, and I don't do duels anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Ok: more suggestions: bump for engelen proc going for longer, like 20-25 seconds, or have it fire way more regularly... it's completely useless atm. (good call ange)

good counterargument to brawl special.

I think MA only really need some adjustments to MA attacks. I think what MA needs more than anything is a slightly bigger absorb on the balance LE attack, and FOL to check 50-80% duck, with a 2 minute shorter recharge.

Other stuff like 4 fist of shiva, would be nice too with an updated AR buff.

An add all offense buff like FAT would be awesome too.

wtb no recharge on ma attacks and let us use them while we are running and make them easier to land.
    Add 50% resist to constant barrage on our ofab pants.
    There is no doubt that ma get hurt alot from constant barrage.

Im not sure im why I even write here on ma forums Because the devs seems to have forgot about this profession
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Every MA attacks should indeed work like UaWoS (but they all shouldn't have any recharge because we're not casting the nano in itself, as I already said once the nanoprogram Tight Embrace is usable by Crats only, so if we start with that) ... They tried once, and attacks would land anywhere around the MA (when you could use 'em without being in fight), big failure so they never spoke about it after ...

One more thing that occured to me recently, I tested it again today to make sure it happens like I thought it would.

It's about BBCS and ToSF. You cannot chain stun with these two attacks. How come ?
    Well, I first tried to land ToSF once Tight Embrace's visual effect (from BBCS) was gone, it didn't stun after the 1st stun landed, basically BBCS worked, ToSF failed, at least for the stunning effect.
    Second try. I told myself that maybe the visual effect was totally screwed, so let's use ToSF when the first Tight Embrace's gone from my opponent's NCUs (with the help of the window, right). It was clearly gone, I landed ToSF right after and it didn't stun, again.

This happens for both PvP & PvM. I don't think it's related to me, did anyone go through the same kind of bull**** ?
    That's just a detail, but it actually matters a lot when you wanna avoid a Sold to AMS or a Doc to start to cast an healing, or for MR. It totally does.

One more thing that occured to me recently, I tested it again today to make sure it happens like I thought it would.

It's about BBCS and ToSF. You cannot chain stun with these two attacks. How come ?
    Well, I first tried to land ToSF once Tight Embrace's visual effect (from BBCS) was gone, it didn't stun after the 1st stun landed, basically BBCS worked, ToSF failed, at least for the stunning effect.
    Second try. I told myself that maybe the visual effect was totally screwed, so let's use ToSF when the first Tight Embrace's gone from my opponent's NCUs (with the help of the window, right). It was clearly gone, I landed ToSF right after and it didn't stun, again.

This happens for both PvP & PvM. I don't think it's related to me, did anyone go through the same kind of bull**** ?
    That's just a detail, but it actually matters a lot when you wanna avoid a Sold to AMS or a Doc to start to cast an healing, or for MR. It totally does.
    yea, I've had times where I used ToSF & BBCS in combination and noticed one of em didn't stun - could never figure out why, but I've given up on any ma issues being addressed while Means is GD
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Also MA attacks should work like weapon specials, meaning be instant and not stacked one after another in the perk chain. If you're executing slow perks you can find yourself waiting for decades before you can even fire an attack. That shouldn't happen, those are not perks and should not be treated as such.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast