Up you go
    Knekt 220 keep
    Andvord 220 Adv
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Haavarst 220 Crat
    Knekt2 1 Trader twinky

Proud member of Hands of Fate

big bump from me. I remember some AO game director (don't remember which) saying that this is something planned anyway, just not in the near future. WTB it in the near future!

Bumpity!

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Bump! I wanna wear my CSS and Mocker suit!
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

Bump!
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

nice idea... bump!

The other option is that when you enter social mode, it nerfs everything running in your NCU and fills the entire NCU with a single hostile buff that has -1000000000 to every skill, evade, etc (except runspeed). Exiting social mode will cancel it.

You could *theoretically* still pvp, but ummm errrrrr.... well... with that buff running (you get the idea).

Maybe also when you're in social mode, your name is a different colour?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    I like this idea too. Good thinkin.
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    nice idea... bump!

The other option is that when you enter social mode, it nerfs everything running in your NCU and fills the entire NCU with a single hostile buff that has -1000000000 to every skill, evade, etc (except runspeed). Exiting social mode will cancel it.

You could *theoretically* still pvp, but ummm errrrrr.... well... with that buff running (you get the idea).

having a masive debuff is an idea, but what about yelms and stuff? and other than that, i would rather not have a masive debuff cus i would like to do trade skills while im in social mode, and being able to buff ppl wiht frinedly nanoz would not be bad either. im sure ppl would still want EP from me weather im in social mode or not. just let the stats be there but let us unable to attack others or cast hostile nanoz on others. yet let us be able to be attacked by others

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdevilsm View Post
    having a masive debuff is an idea, but what about yelms and stuff? and other than that, i would rather not have a masive debuff cus i would like to do trade skills while im in social mode, and being able to buff ppl wiht frinedly nanoz would not be bad either. im sure ppl would still want EP from me weather im in social mode or not. just let the stats be there but let us unable to attack others or cast hostile nanoz on others. yet let us be able to be attacked by others
    ok, so debuff anything that is weapon related.... i think in whatever solution is decided upon (if it's implemented), some sacrifice is going to have to be made somewhere. Mine is an extreme measure, but the solution could purely be a subset of it.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

oh, i forgot to mention.... doing a /terminate whilst in social mode should invoke a new /emote called /slash (for slash wrists)....

.... that's just for all the emo's out there

I like the idea, and I think there are some really good ideas in this thread. Social items definitely shouldn't add any buffs or anything beyond cosmetic changes, but it'd be really nice to be able to run around with a bronto burger and a can of beer without having to spend half an hour hunting for buffs after doing it. It'd also make roleplaying without looking silly a bit more accessible, since I feel dumb whenever I try to carry on an RP conversation with someone in a bar while wearing all my combat gear.

Bump Great idea.

Love the Idea, would be Awesome if they actually added it to the game.

bump for this fun and very handy suggestion

Bumpination

I Like your idea :-)
    Shuzzy bureacrat

ok, i was thinking of a way to enhance the voice of this idea, and while i was looking though the fourms, i saw what Tani did with the newb island post. he set up a support list to show who supports his ideas. so i will do the same, since it seems like a good idea.

anyone who agreees with this post, leave a post with your main name, or send me a tell in RK1 or RK2 to Snowdevilsm

Bump!

I think this is a really good idea. I have had issues ( I had a friends wedding in game to go to and I had to go with my axes on cuz I didn't want to twink them back on, and other things also.)
    I think a social mode is a great idea.
    Chickiepoo- 219 Solja
    Lilgothangel- 216 Fixy
    Tasssyxp- 220 crat with 100M RBP
    Tassybaby- 175 Doc
    Devilmeep- Lvl 165 NT- twink
    Inocentangel- 90 agent

~The Innocent Angel~

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast