Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Social Mode

Maybe make the social mode equivalent to wearing a yalm? You can be attacked, and you can't use perk actions or other actions. The social clothing could then be visible when a "Wear social clothes" HUD 1 item is equipped (just like a yalm). It seems like reusing the same code pathways would be much more straight forward than having to write specific rules.

Bump on this !!

I was on a wedding last week and needed ages, to re-equip my armor and weapons back on.
    With all perk resets my char was not playable for 3 days and do you (whoever you is, take FC so long) really think, i like such a pain every time, when i wanna be just me ?! (RP)

I am sure, the re-equipping problems hold a lot of people out of roleplaying.

gz on this post on making 100 positive replys! and haveing over 2000 views!
    not to get someone with a blue name to leave their word to let us know what is FC thinking about all this the Game Director Sil perhaps?
    Last edited by Snowdevilsm; Aug 22nd, 2007 at 21:54:58.

Bump
    Nice to see some players are creative enough to do FC's job for them lol. Great idea.

i like the idea,
    Prais
    Uberxgimp
    Hitmeleet
    Prais01
    Tyraidus

Excellent idea!
    Verwooks 220/27 Soldier
    Naprapat 220/21 Doctor

General of Ragnarok

Yarr!

omg, yes

Bumpzolizor

I'm not much of an RPer or even socializer, but the idea is cool so it deserves my bump

I give this idea a megabump!

While we're at it...can I have my headbang emote?
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Quote Originally Posted by Veldron View Post
    I give this idea a megabump!

While we're at it...can I have my headbang emote?
    for that, perhaps you can use this?

/puke
    /delay 500
    /puke
    /delay 500
    /puke
    /delay 500
    . . . and on and on and on
    it looks like your kinda head banging

Years I say... been asking for it for years...
    Clan Agent Mrbbad &
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat Rockstar! Mrbb &
    Clan Rockin' Doc Drgaius &
    Clan Engineer Rockstarr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account Created: June 27, 2001.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump for the Social clothing tab. I definitely think the Social tab should allow only items with the Social tag, should not add buffs to the player, and I like the suggestions about restrictions on attacking/being attacked, and useage in certain areas or situations.

I also think that social items worn in the regular wear window should still function exactly the same, so you can still wear social clothing and get into a fight... RP purposes, Fraps purposes.. Breaks tanking in Superhero outfit etc etc.

em . . it is a very fun idea, and id love to do it too, but letting ppl fight in social mode (where visualy your wearing stuff on your social slots) you should not be able to attack, or cast hostile nanoz, this could make lot of ppl upset and would bring ganking to a whole new level

snowdevilsm: oh my, im wondering around in my zebra suit waving my drinks around, hope this flag does not hurt me in anyway
    gankerwanabe: gimp, ill kill you
    gaknerwanabe shootes snowdevilsm but he did not know snow had a full set of CC and pets on wait behind the building and gets pwned

yah . . .that sounds grate, but having social mode means that differentiating your self when your in a social situation (not only RP) and in a combat situation. bringing Miiir cloth in to combat situations would defeat the purpus of having pics for armor.

and only alowing items with social tags in to the social tab would generate problems as well, lot of social cloting add prity nice buffs, and some regular armor looks pritty dam nice. and social weps dont have a clear definition on them.

just let any items be wearable on the social tabs, and make sure their buffs do not effect the player if the item is placed in the social tab. and all would be well

bump!
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdevilsm View Post
    em . . it is a very fun idea, and id love to do it too, but letting ppl fight in social mode (where visualy your wearing stuff on your social slots) you should not be able to attack, or cast hostile nanoz, this could make lot of ppl upset and would bring ganking to a whole new level
    Call me silly, but how would this change anything? I don't get how not seeing someone's armor (as long as no stats are added by social armor) changes anything at all. No one ever sees my armor or weapons when I'm fighting (always morphed) and it doesn't make a bit of difference as far as I can tell. No calls about how it's an advie thing either, because there were players like Kijomimi (fixer) whom no one ever saw unmorphed.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Bump, like the idea, though I suspect it'd be such a pain in the ass to implement that it'll never happen.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Call me silly, but how would this change anything? I don't get how not seeing someone's armor (as long as no stats are added by social armor) changes anything at all. No one ever sees my armor or weapons when I'm fighting (always morphed) and it doesn't make a bit of difference as far as I can tell. No calls about how it's an advie thing either, because there were players like Kijomimi (fixer) whom no one ever saw unmorphed.

Theo
    hehe thats very ture, like hell you notic what the ppl are wearing when your just tabing or assising half the time to kill :P but im trying to make this system dijestable by FC, and as far as i think, i think FC would consider hiding your armor with social armor as 'exploit' or what not. thats why i have to cover it up this subjet with as little dispute as i can, but than again, i want ppl to voice them selves out on this link, so FC can hear us all out and not come up with a system that annoyes us all

Bump
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Bump for this, great idea.

i am pretty sure, that the "blue colored names" know about this thread and im also sure, this idea is accepted by them.
    At least, im also sure, that in this times of trouble (boa... director change, servers, upgrades, new coders, bugfixes, .... ) there is simple not enuff room, to develop this in the next 3-4 days, but i learned patience in this world, so lets hold up the pressure on this and gave them another 400 liters of coder-coffee.

rebump

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast