Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Social Mode

300 replys!

thats an interesting concept Niodemus, it would take care of a lot of problems some ppl fear

and now i think a haza is in order for 300+ replys on this link!

I really <3 Niodemus' idea!

This would be great!
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

There is no reason you couldnt fight in those modes too. Who cares what people see, like people cant just leet or wolf morph anyways.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

This is an idea that I have supported for some time and would love nothing more then to add it to the game at some stage.

Unfortunately it's not an easy task to accomplish. I have discussed it at length with the coders and any way that it might work would involve a very large amount of work, worst case re-writing all the equipping code in the game (not going to do that I am afraid at this stage, it would 'break' or change way to much that is intrinsic to the game), and at best an 'overlay' layer that could render the contents of a different tab (as EQ2 has just introduced for example).

So I am afraid it's not something you are likely to see in the 'near' future.

It is something I would like to do though and maybe later next year once the render engine changes are on the live dimensions it is something that we could look at.
    Sil, this is - as you pretty know - one of the most liked things by the players and we are good, to hold the pressure up about this Topic.
    I was formerly a pretty skilled coder, so i start thinking, if i read something about huge amount of work, rewrite any code parts and and and.

Dont be the Coders Lovetoy in this, coz as they implemented the equipping of the hooverboards, you might have noticed, that the weapons still hiding, so isnt that something related to this ?

So why is it possible, to write code for equipping the Hooverboard (with hiding the weapons), but not for the other equipment slots ?

I would give elsewhat, to have a look at the codes and play arround with it a little, but i know, thats really far away... i cannot belive, that it is that hard to write.

The argument with the new render engine...well ok, noone wants to do the things twice, before and after the renderers update (what is an awesome monster task btw) so well, we have to wait :/

I hope, it is done, before we hit 400 pages in this thread, it is a -must-be- implementation of a very very (did i say very already ?) very importand roleplay possibility. This is something, to let Anarchy-Online be one more time the most unique Role Playing Game, what exists for today !

I like Niodemus idea, but i'm gonna hate alot of relog since i love to switch between combat and social gear more than often ^^

bamp
    - Soma47 // Kewltrox

yay for getting 150 ppl on the supporters list!

Bump FTW!!!
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Bump
    Dockwagon rk1 if you still update the list

Quote Originally Posted by dockwagon View Post
    Bump
    Dockwagon rk1 if you still update the list
    yes yes, i am still updating

I support this, naturally!! Get 'em SD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

bump from the relaxation of RK4
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

This is spartaaaaaa
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

You can totally add me to the list of supporters for this. I've been stuck going to a mission in a thong because i can't get my armor back on waaaay too many times in the past.
    Nymphete- 207 Engineer

Natresse- Rerolled lvl 60 Adv.
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 6%
    Proud member of The Asylum
    pIcKlEs

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    This is spartaaaaaa
    sparta is overrated.
    bunch of waxing men in skirts they were. read ure history O.o

PS: j/k
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

No Flagging or offensive nanos

/signed Jenshae (RK1 & RK2)

Can't flag or be attacked with social armour, can't cast damage dealing nanos.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Definite agreement. This suggestion has been around for a long long time, and its time for the RP community to speak with one voice!

Give us a social mode for social armor!!

RK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

maybe a 2nd equipment window would work with the equipment coding,sorta similar to the multi hotbars now like shift+(button) to switch over to social mode. just a idea
    220/30 Doctor(sistadoc)
    220/30 Adventurer(starbooty)
    200/30 Agent(sissysnipe)
    -------------------------------
    Director of Shadow Company

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    This is an idea that I have supported for some time and would love nothing more then to add it to the game at some stage.

Unfortunately it's not an easy task to accomplish. I have discussed it at length with the coders and any way that it might work would involve a very large amount of work, worst case re-writing all the equipping code in the game (not going to do that I am afraid at this stage, it would 'break' or change way to much that is intrinsic to the game), and at best an 'overlay' layer that could render the contents of a different tab (as EQ2 has just introduced for example).

So I am afraid it's not something you are likely to see in the 'near' future.

It is something I would like to do though and maybe later next year once the render engine changes are on the live dimensions it is something that we could look at.
    What I don't understand is how they can make weapons disappear while you are riding a hover board, let you decide which shoulder pad you want visible (17.7 patch notes), and yet say social mode can't be done. All we are really talking about here is a toons visible appearance. The bottom line is we want a way to look different without having to unequip twinked on stuff.

Lets look just at hands. If a hoverboard nano can make your weapons not visible, then it should be possible to code in a button (in the control window or F10) to do the same thing right? From there its just one step further to visually put something else in the toons hands.

For this: what if you pull up a new window sort of like the new research (shift-O) or vehicle (shift-V) windows brought along in LE. I'm also thinking of the towers and tradeskill windows here that let you put items in. Add a new social window (shift-S) and let us "scan" in a social look if actually equipping items into a new slot is a problem. Put a slot in the window for an item (or several for each location). You put in the items you want to visually wear and hit "SCAN". You then take on the visual appearance of the items you had in your window, items are returned to your inventory. You are now in "social mode" and to get out you hit shift-s again and the "disable social mode" button.

To keep out pvp troubles only allow level 1 items to be scanned, can not be flagged while scanning, can only scan in certain gas areas, name turns red (or other color), can not fight while in social mode, etc...etc... and all the other stuff mentioned in this thread.

.... if none of that is codeable, personally i'd go for just a button to make my guns not visible
    Last edited by Aeliona; Nov 15th, 2007 at 01:59:28.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast