Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Social Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdevilsm View Post
    55. Multrox (RK1) President of Reborn
    Zomg rk1 copied my org name >.<

Anyway Bump for good ideia

OMG, now that I can pay RL money for social gear, at least give me a way to use it!!!!!

This is an idea that I have supported for some time and would love nothing more then to add it to the game at some stage.

Unfortunately it's not an easy task to accomplish. I have discussed it at length with the coders and any way that it might work would involve a very large amount of work, worst case re-writing all the equipping code in the game (not going to do that I am afraid at this stage, it would 'break' or change way to much that is intrinsic to the game), and at best an 'overlay' layer that could render the contents of a different tab (as EQ2 has just introduced for example).

So I am afraid it's not something you are likely to see in the 'near' future.

It is something I would like to do though and maybe later next year once the render engine changes are on the live dimensions it is something that we could look at.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    This is an idea that I have supported for some time and would love nothing more then to add it to the game at some stage.

Unfortunately it's not an easy task to accomplish. I have discussed it at length with the coders and any way that it might work would involve a very large amount of work, worst case re-writing all the equipping code in the game (not going to do that I am afraid at this stage, it would 'break' or change way to much that is intrinsic to the game), and at best an 'overlay' layer that could render the contents of a different tab (as EQ2 has just introduced for example).

It is something I would like to do though and maybe later next year once the render engine changes are on the live dimensions it is something that we could look at.

Thank you so much for your response. It's awesome to know this great idea is under consideration for future evaluation =)

As a software tester, myself, I understand the difficulties of some implementations. Keep up the great work in game. I'm sure many of us would be willing to pay for this as a booster (although I think it's better implemented as part of the base game), since it will certainly add to the feel of the game!

yay for reply , though it will take some time, its better than nothin i gues

Thank you for your reply Sil. It's nice to know you peek into the Game Suggestions part of the forum every now and then

And I do not think any of us expected this to be something that could be immediately implemented into the game as such. But that is something that would be great to see mentioned in one of your letters (which I am sure a lot of us appreciate reading ) as if not a definite thing but at least a feature that you are working on, as best you can, to get into the game :-)

Once again, thanks Sil for the reply. It really does mean a lot for those of us that play the game as much for the social interaction as the PvM and PvP aspects of the game.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Good to hear you support the idea, and I can understand that it might not be as easy to implement (the way things are now)...

Could the idea of gridarmor skinning be worked? It is already something that is formatted for each size/gender/breed already works on a nanoprogram setup like the new paidpoint items work by nanoprogram. It wouldnt be so much about modifying existing items as much as building replicants upon an existing structure. The social armor + armor conflicts might need to be edited to prevent the situation faced now with unequiping armor to use social clothing. The whole outfit would just be a non-attributes adding modified gridarmor skin over the player character. (might even make a nice little paidpoint-expansion in the future with new styles?

(to recap, edit the gridarmor textures, change requirements of the nano, the nanoline, profession lock etc, instant clothing skin?)
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Good idea! I'll sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperneedle View Post
    Good to hear you support the idea, and I can understand that it might not be as easy to implement (the way things are now)...

Could the idea of gridarmor skinning be worked? It is already something that is formatted for each size/gender/breed already works on a nanoprogram setup like the new paidpoint items work by nanoprogram. It wouldnt be so much about modifying existing items as much as building replicants upon an existing structure. The social armor + armor conflicts might need to be edited to prevent the situation faced now with unequiping armor to use social clothing. The whole outfit would just be a non-attributes adding modified gridarmor skin over the player character. (might even make a nice little paidpoint-expansion in the future with new styles?

(to recap, edit the gridarmor textures, change requirements of the nano, the nanoline, profession lock etc, instant clothing skin?)
    still left with the problem of weapons in hands... as much as i enjoy attending parties and what not, doing so with swords/axes/guns etc, isn't all that great at enhancing the atmosphere of the event
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

bump
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Hooray i say

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdevilsm View Post
    120. Thatzmeee (RK2)

It's Thatzme on RK1 ;p
    Thatzme 220/30 Ranged Advy - Feeling the <3, but nerf ranged advies :S
    Totenmacher 220/25 Sold - in the midst of re-equipping
    Thatzma 217/23 MA - Feeling the Inf heat.. and getting killed by orange.
    Thatzsolja 172/19 Sold - <3 coming back soon, or not.
    Dersheissen 170/15 NT - Def or Off focus?!!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by Thatzmeee View Post
    It's Thatzme on RK1 ;p
    doh >< sorry, fixed it now

hehe np, and bump!
    Thatzme 220/30 Ranged Advy - Feeling the <3, but nerf ranged advies :S
    Totenmacher 220/25 Sold - in the midst of re-equipping
    Thatzma 217/23 MA - Feeling the Inf heat.. and getting killed by orange.
    Thatzsolja 172/19 Sold - <3 coming back soon, or not.
    Dersheissen 170/15 NT - Def or Off focus?!!!1111

((Do I like have to send you a PM to get added to the list ? RK1))

@redadv baby steps first. We all gotta be sneaky getting what we want since it's about RP and not "uberl33tpvpphatsfarming"
    Last edited by Copperneedle; Oct 22nd, 2007 at 02:12:44.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Well the idea made it onto the latest Survey, so now get everyone to take it and answer yes.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Talking

Signed and sealed Survey Complete
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

the new FC survay has this idea on it, if your free, go there and vote yes for social mode!

Yay...meanwhile you can fix PvP for Shades.

Thinking about it... an idea to get it going would be if the player could chose the mode on login. Giving the option "normal" and "social", this would only mean that one had to relog for going social or back to fighting.
    This might make it easier to apply the pacify of the social mode and also might not scare the PvP people who fear an evil gank when a social char only has to press a button to get full combat equiptment.
    In social the char would only be able to equipt items that has the already existing social tag.

Well.. just an idea, not sure how hard it would be to code or if the other idea would be easier...

ps: No I didn't read through all the pages again, so this idea might have been stated already. If someone wrote nearly the same already, then excuse me please... lazyness is a human deficit.
    Do you see the horizon?
    Immediately above the ground the skies seem to begin...
    and if I were there I'd bet I could reach the sky...
    but here it appears I am too small

Researcher of AO-Universe

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast