Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Appartments :)

Originally posted by ZiZ
    I played the Neocron beta a little bit. I hated the system, the interface was stodgy, I kept missing things about AO...but for the apartment. I was all over the apartment. It was SO FREAKING COOL. I like the computer temrinal that connects you to the forums and the rec machine that heals you quickly especially much.

Oh, yes. Bump!
    Retail they've fixed a ton of bugs already. They also fixed chat quite a bit. There are now custom channels for shopping, researchers, constructors, pokers, etc.

On the subject of the CitiCom terminal, that's going to become EXTREMELY useful very soon. First off, they have disabled the ability for anyone to find the location of player not in your clan. That will be implemented in the next patch (due today or Monday). In a patch shortly after, they are introducing the "hacknet". The hacknet allows folks with high hackskill to use any CitiCom terminal to remotely hack things. One of the things hackers will be able to do is hack CitiCom search engine to find the location of any player, even the ones not in your clan. Hackers will most likely do their work in the safety of their very own apartment.

This will soon lead to warsw fought on a higher level between various hackers. One hacker will use the CitiCom to find locations and hack various things. A rival hacker will then find the location of this hacker and send a strike squad to the hacker's location. It is being decided whether it may be possible for hackers to be able to hack the locks of other people's apartments. This will mean hackers will have to use hit and run tactics to make sure the enemy can't send strike squads to his location if an enemy hackers successfully finds out where he is at the time.

Cool Re: Apartments

Originally posted by Belce
    They could have apartments based on your character class. The MA would a tea room maybe a small garden attached to it a meditation room. The crat would have an office space, a formal dining room. The enforcer maybe a personal gym, the adventurer a place with stuffed animals. Maybe a gun collection room for the soldier

Features in your apartment improve with title lvl, maybe at lvl 4 getting an attendant droid of some sort.

For having people in your apartment, have a command to invite them in and also one to expel someone. If they leave the apartment they need to be reinvited. /apartment invite <name> and /apartment expel <name> They still need to walkin and expel sends them to their last save spot.

Definitely need more than 10 items and need chairs, sofas and tables. A personal apartment owner bank access would be good as well.
    That is an awesome idea... but would take a few patches to get threw and a lot of petitioning.

- _ -

little bump
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

little more bump
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Bump again.

Make it so I feel like I live in Rubi-ka..not that I just login for awhile.

Those things they are doing with neocron sound great. Ao so needs more of those types of things. AO needs to upgrade apartments...working computers in game and hacking ability.

More apartments and MORE content!
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Since I thought this was an important topic I sent a letter to various Funcom departments from the main website. Although none seem to personally reach the dev or design people Im sure that every little bit counts.

The letter:

To whomever it may concern

As an avid player of AO I wanted to first thank you for developing a game that me and many others find extremely enjoyable. Because we care so much about AO and the AO universe there is one issue that we believe will improve the immersion, playabilty, and experience of AO to a great degree. That issue is...apartments. Now I will not go into great detail concering our vast bank of ideas for the improvement of this game mechanic because it will be more beneficial for me to direct your attention here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=50452

This is a 4 page, in length, thread from the official AO suggestion forums outlining our ideas and concerns about this matter. I please invite you to review it and respond to either me or the forums about this matter.

And though we understand that a game of this magnitude contains limitless elements that take up development time this is an issue extremely close to our hearts. And Considering the large amount of people engaging in this discusion Im sure you can appreciate the importance of this topic.

I Thank you for your time

-Joseph *****
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

I think there'll eventually be an apartment booster pack. That's my guess.

To really do it right, it'd be more than I'd expect to see in a patch. I would want:

1) Six levels of homes, each more elaborate than the last (unlocked by title levels).

2) One look for each profession (an MP's home should look different than a Beauracrat's home).

3) A stereo that acts as a WinAmp controller

4) A home pc that can be used to access the forums

5) dresser drawers that act as banks

6) a million other little things

I'd also like to see the final home, the Level 200 home, I mean- actually be placed on the landscape by the character if they choose. It wouldn't have to be in the playfields. Perhaps there could be a "housing zone".

There are certainly enough unused squares on the map to justify devoting one to houses.

A level 200 should be able to have a home like Galway Castle. Something outdoors- an actual mark on the landscape.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Stuffed Animals

Just to clarify, those would be more like tropheys and not teddy bears on your bed. Think fireplace with a wolf hide rug in front or something similiar.

Basically I think that the apartments should have some theme that relates the profession of the owner and maybe even tweaked for their alignment, neutral, clan or omni. Something other than your choice of 10 of the 25 possible current items for decorating an apartment and most definitely tables and chairs.
    Last edited by Belce; Nov 26th, 2002 at 04:13:10.

Bump for apartments again.....

Just up the limit of items in one at least.

Exclamation

BUMP! BUMP! BUMPETY! BUMP BUMP!!!
    Jack "Frostblack"
    Level: 41 Shade

Gui "Neocore" Montag
    Level: 58 Enforcer

Neo "Xeroscope" Kaviera
    Level: 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Karnege
    Bump for apartments again.....

Just up the limit of items in one at least.
    Really, just how hard can that be? and why have they not done it yet?

bump

Love the title level idea BTW!!

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    I think there'll eventually be an apartment booster pack. That's my guess.
    If there was I'd run out and buy it

Maybe combine it with buildings for organizations.

There's enough good ideas here to make the booster pack now. I particularly like the idea of having a different template for each profession. As a martial artist I want a restrained, minimalist decor, which I'm sure that wouldn't appeal to many other players.

Paying "rent" is another great idea as a credit sink - the apartments would have to be good enough that people would actually want to pay for them on an ongoing basis though.

I also thought of having different lines of furniture, in both style and quality, with the better pieces only available once you reach a certain level. So for example you could have a rustic line (pine with minimal ornamentation), a traditional line (more elaborate hardwood stuff), a contemporary line (futuristic plastic and chrome), etc. Newbies would only have access to the cheapest and plainest stuff (bookshelves made out of cinderblocks and wooden planks? Maybe stacked milkcrates as an alternative?) but you can upgrade as you level.

Also, the furniture should be interactive, so you can put food in the fridge, clothes in a chest of drawers, tutoring devices on your bookshelf, and so on.

I think the idea of a building expansion would be great, but you have to remember that this is not the Sims Online. Yes, I think that apartments should be more useful. (I don't own one, nor do I plan to until I have a reason to) This should be incorperated in with guild halls as well, which would make it almost too big expect for the most major of patches.
    You also have to think that it might be a hard sell if there wasn't something else there. Not everyone really wants a house or a guild house, so I think this would be best included in something like the Shadowlands expansion pack, but I think it would be very welcome and a wonderful addition to the world of Rubi-Ka.

Bump! TO Sims online! ;P
    ---

bump
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Bump For a place to live except on the battle field! :P
    ---

It's funny...I held off on buying NW and am still not planning to buy it anytime soon.

On the other hand, I'd buy an AO expansion without a second thought if it added things like more social wear, apartment upgrades, a gui upgrade, non-xp increasing features...stuff like that. Even if it only had apartment upgrades, I'd probably buy it...
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Merry Christmas anoying bump
    ---

Originally posted by Kyrstina
    I think the idea of a building expansion would be great, but you have to remember that this is not the Sims Online. Yes, I think that apartments should be more useful. (I don't own one, nor do I plan to until I have a reason to) This should be incorperated in with guild halls as well, which would make it almost too big expect for the most major of patches.
    You also have to think that it might be a hard sell if there wasn't something else there. Not everyone really wants a house or a guild house, so I think this would be best included in something like the Shadowlands expansion pack, but I think it would be very welcome and a wonderful addition to the world of Rubi-Ka.
    Nah, but it is a Rpg. As yet this game only really is a FPS as that is really the only thing you do. =/

Just think about it.. Being a store owner, Buy things cheap, put em in a store, sell em more costly. Have luxury home that you an fix, invite others. There is like millions ideas on these things. Atleast as they say up the item limit.
    ---

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234