Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appartments :)

Appartments :)

Just thought i was gona add my little idea about appartments that i actully wrote in another thread but oh well

Hajkster
    Make it is to You have a Terminal at each of the apparments doors.. To get in you have to use a card which you also can copy to others that can use that card to get into your home.. So you can use your house as a store.. If you put items down your the only one that can take them up if you own the appartment... You can buy a New type of House in a Store which upgrades the card and maybe warn you that you must empty your appartment or your item in it will be deleted (hard work but fun). And the thing is... This should be so hard to set. =) just different ingame areas with some code added to it... hehehe... =) Maybe two floor or three floor appartments to... Not to big.. Expensive (the higher it goes) And the first Default appartment you get is of course free... =)
    And add a link to my sig about it And im gona bug Fc about it till they give in hehe... or well.. just have this thread... =) More ideas peeps =p
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

an idea not without its merits.

Apartments should be cool.

Do something with them,
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Do something with them?

Am I the only one that likes sitting in an empty room, staring at a portrait of Phillip Ross, lit by a single lava lamp?

:P

Hrm... probably so. Yes- please do something with apartments, FC. We really do need furniture that you can sit on.

I have seen the future, and floor rugs are a big part of it, let me tell you.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Cat
    Do something with them?

Am I the only one that likes sitting in an empty room, staring at a portrait of Phillip Ross, lit by a single lava lamp?

Nah, but i can do that at home
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

just a little bump feels this is important..
    ---

Lightbulb agreed

apartments were a nice touch, but i'd like them to be social as well. your idea of duping keys for them is brilliant. i think there should be some way to either time out the duped keys or allow the user to delete them, though. i'd hate to have someone unwanted show up constantly.

otherwise, there should be many opportunities for rp/pvp expansion with the land ownership booster pack. since the apartments can't be unique per character (that would be a nightmare), there should at least be unique structures per guild (still probably a nightmare, but at least more manageable. perhaps with the inclusion of some requirements like average level or cost.) an identifiable place of gathering has been a key tenet of RL for centuries. why mimic combat or other social activities without it?

and bring back those traps from chests while you're at it! how cool would it be to execute vendettas against rivals by placing charged plastic explosives and frozen rats on their front doors, eh?

Well...when I mentioned being able to change Sup gas & lighting in apartments, Cz came back suprised at what I thought was 'simple' but...

...you ever notice in missions that sometimes there are fully furnished rooms? Why can't these be used as templates for our apartments instead of the generic sanitarium look we have now??
    .: Naraya :.

Cool

I am for anything that can make my apartment better.

I need chairs, beds, a working fridge for my beer, a working stereo and so much more.

Bump for apartments!!!!

Bump
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

bump fallera!
    ---

Bumping is fun...do I need to post my HUGE apartment idea again?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Just don't make dupeing keys an ability, it'll be exploited and we;ll get banned for it but anyways, off the joke, bump fopr apartments!
    Come see my friend's boards @ http://nervhq.ath.cx/humbajoe/forum

hehe ;p

*bump*
    ---

I'll always bump Apartments!

Bump
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Here's what I want for my apartment. Tell me if you agree with me:

NOTE: The level stuff is just an estimate of what kind of money you might have then.

Okay. When I load my little noobie adventurer into the game for the first time, I'll go get an apartment-for free. When I get inside, it will have a fixed layout that looks somewhat like this:

-1 room with a bed, desk, sofa, and television (Extra space too)
    -1 smaller room (like the one we have on the side now) with a wardrobe in it (which we can use to store clothes)
    -1 smaller room (same size as above) with a toilet, sink, and bathtub inside.
    - A WINDOW. Now, I understand it would be hard to have apartments overlooking the arena, so how about this: You know those fake cities you see in the Highrises? Make a little 'set' that looks somewhat like Trade or Ent. Now stuff it chock full of NPCs. Make them wearing playerish armor and gather around the Bronto Burger sometimes, and you've got a convincing mockup of Omni-Entertainment- with probably half the lag it would take to truly do it.

Okay. On with the sim. Anyway, now that I've got my lovely apartment (with a 20 item limit now) I can go to furniture stores and go shopping for more decorative items- like lava lamps, and maybe some figures of people like Ross or Radiman, (or a leet) statues, modern art..ect. ect. ect. Note: I'd kind of like to buy aestetic stuff like magazines, to put on a coffee table. Oh- and a dinner table.

Fast forward about 20-30 levels. Advnoob's got more money now, and she wants to purchase a better apartment. Her better-quality apartment adds these:

-Better wallpaper
    -Carpeting
    -A kitchen room (with more static furniture)
    -Maybe slight enlargement of all rooms

Maybe she can buy better decorative stuff now...like, a computer.

Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Just got an idea for that computer. When you used the computer, maybe you could view the AO site! You could even view and post on forums- INGAME! Or, maybe they could have the webmaster do some quick webpages for the Omni- divisions, and perhaps Bronto Burger Aaaaweessoomme.

Okay. Moving on here.

Advnoob is now about level 90-100. She wants a medium-top quality apartment. So she goes to some terminal in the highrises and bumps it again. Here's what she gets:

-A proper ceiling, maybe with some nice hanging lights
    -Some more enlargement of all rooms
    -Maybe some new static furniture that looked more classy
    -A larger window
    -Item cap raised to 30

...and, of course, some cooler furniture. How about a fireplace? Maybe a larger bed? How about some more colors of lava lamps? I want some exotic plants. I want to see some more paintings and art. Perhaps a washer and dryer? How about coffee tables, tabletop fountains, lamps- heck, if you want a cryo chamber, you should be able to GET a cryo chamber, just because they're cool. C'mon Funcom, I'm pulling this out of my butt here in like 30 seconds, it's not hard.

Okay. Advnoob is pretty high-level now. She wants a high-quality apartment. She pays a lot of credits, and gets:

-A balcony to replace the window
    -Enlargement of all rooms
    -A new room, with a DJ booth, sofas/tables and chairs outlining the walls, and an empty space in the middle for dancing.
    -A new smaller room, with: Grid terminal, basic shop terminal, bank terminal.

Now. This is a pretty high-quality apartment, and it brings lots of stuff you can buy. This would include rotating disco balls, maybe a giant lava lamp, other cool party stuff. Maybe now we could even buy a bar, with a hired bartender.

And now...THE MISCELLANIOUS SECTION.

Someone suggested you should be able to hire strip-dancers for your apartment from an NPC. Sure, why not add it? It's not like they can be nekkid anyway.

Now we come to the subject of pets. Yes, we SHOULD be able to have the following as pets:
    1. A scaled down version of the 2-headed wolf, with 1 head taken off as a dog.
    2. The sabertooth, scaled down, with some modifications as a cat.
    3. Leets.
    4. Reets.
    5. A very, very scaled down pit lizard as a 'baby dragon'.
    6. Pirahnas (they look like fish)
    In the furniture section we could buy pet houses, reet cages, leashes (to take them around Rubi-Ka), tanks (for the fish), food/water dishes, ect. We should, of course be able to name them. And if you die, they run off, so you end up asking around if anyone's seen them :P

/me bows. Thank you, thank you. You love me, you really do.
    ~~~~~

great idea missmaul

oh, i copyed ur idea on bump tokens.
    hehe

RK-1 Brutenater

I'll bump this!

I never use my appartment because it is useless now!

Give us a reason to use them Funcom......
    Florentino "Fladrif" Shorts
    Roselee "Moria" Kerans

"Out the modem,through the router,over the firewall,nuttin' but net"

Bump, we need more apartment stuff. Now, if they could be implemented in the fullness of time..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Yay! Apartments!

This feature could REALLY make this game come alive. Thanks Missmaul for all your wonderfull ideas! Here are my thoughts:

- Allow various layouts to choose from with furniture build in, because you know we can't place furniture. Charge rent for better apartments.
    - Increase 10 item limit (what are you waiting for, Funcom)
    - A dimmer switch for the light!!!
    - Ability to duplicate apartment key (from the master only), and also change the lock.
    - Gotta bump Missmaul's pet idea!
    - Advanced feature to change the gas level in the apartment to allow for roleplay events.
    - Better variety of paintings .. BTW this could be accomplished through submission, and would be a great contest.
    - Howabout a buzzer feature so you can respond to a prompt to allow someone to enter if you are inside the apartment .. that way you don't have to go outside and team your visitors.

Keep the great ideas coming!
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

*bumps* Keep the ideas rollin, we NEED appartements! ;PP right? ;P
    ---

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast