Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powerleveling exploit

Originally posted by Vydas

Don't be silly - of course it is. You get something for nothing.

How about you can just roll a character equal to your main?

What I don't get about this is people talking about 'work' and 'just having something to do'. Well, just work at something to do for an extra couple of hours, if that's what it is to you.

It's beyond me how anyone can possibly view this as either fair (after all, new players are completely excluded, are they not? you need 'connections' to do this) or in some way justified.

And yes, your level 50 enforcer does make a difference - to potential team mates, who may think that you actually learned about the profession over the course of your first 50 levels, and to people like the poster above who 'worked hard' at getting those 200 levels.
    Having spent countless hours teamed with many enforcers in my 172 levels of playing my NT, I have a pretty good grasp on how they should be played. But ever barring that, I teamed only with guildies at first until I was completely comfortable playing him. And ever barring that, if I still sucked, all a team would have to do is kick my arse... no big deal. I'm not going to bring people's world crumbling down around their ears with my ineptitude, believe me.

And as previously stated, while this is/was a good thing for high level vets, it is/was a bad thing for "new players", so I see no great injustice in thier being "excluded" at all.

Anyhoo, it's all a moot point since this is now considered an exploit and you won't find my arse doing it anymore. And regardless of what I said prior, I can't say I'm completely dissapointed to see it go as I was getting a little tired of being approached to powerlevel people's alts when logged on with my NT.

Originally posted by Vydas

Don't be silly - of course it is. You get something for nothing.

How about you can just roll a character equal to your main?

What I don't get about this is people talking about 'work' and 'just having something to do'. Well, just work at something to do for an extra couple of hours, if that's what it is to you.

It's beyond me how anyone can possibly view this as either fair (after all, new players are completely excluded, are they not? you need 'connections' to do this) or in some way justified.

And yes, your level 50 enforcer does make a difference - to potential team mates, who may think that you actually learned about the profession over the course of your first 50 levels, and to people like the poster above who 'worked hard' at getting those 200 levels.
    rubbish, walking around with lowbie nanos killing mobs having to explain to some headless noob every minor detail does not teach you diddly squat about your profession.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

I will say, i've started a new character, my crat, and i'd kill for him to just be high enough to enjoy playing him. I won't use the exploit, but it sure would be nice If i could log on as him after working all day and NOT have to move him up from level 14. Ugh, such a chore. And i even like the character.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Originally posted by BoomDoom
    I will say, i've started a new character, my crat, and i'd kill for him to just be high enough to enjoy playing him. I won't use the exploit, but it sure would be nice If i could log on as him after working all day and NOT have to move him up from level 14. Ugh, such a chore. And i even like the character.
    Here here! I'd find more enjoyment stickin' my willy in a cheesegrater I think.

Originally posted by Bhaaz

Here here! I'd find more enjoyment stickin' my willy in a cheesegrater I think.
    Ok then, who wants to level Bhaaz's and I'd alts for us? I think Bhaaz will give you his cheesgrator and I'll think of something similiar.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

i have no idea what exploit people are referring to. can someone send me a private message so i know not to do it?

is it the team thing, or the dual log thing?

What did I miss?

Okay, I know of the possibility of powerlevelling, though I have no clue as to how it's done in full. I do remember spending almost a weekend levelling a character myself, only to find that someone I had teamed with in the early hours had gained three times my level in the same amount of time roughly.

What I'm saying is, if you have higher level characters, it's not hard AT ALL to get to a respectable level where you don't have to worry about the noobness of teammates. It does require a certain amount of soloing though. With an alt backing you financially, you can get into level 10 imps at level 2 with ease. evel 20 imps at level 8 and so on. You can even get into level 30 imps by then, if you are nanomage and have access to shades of Lucubration or something. Levelling gets easy and goes fast then. In no time, you'll be of high enough level to team with people around level 30.

Just make sure you don't team nanomages in full plasteel armor or something... (can you say GIMP? "Hey, this armor looks really cool, shame though that str and sta are BLUE TO ME..." urghl..

Anyway, I am not sure whether or not the means people use can be classified exploit, as I don't have a clue what is referred to in detail, but I do know the whole 'I don't wanna team those n00bs' thing is unnecessary. It's avoidable.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

thanks for the private messages.

now i know what not to do.

And knowing is half the battle
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Personally I don't give a rabid rodents behind if someone powerlevels a friend or their alt. Doesn't hurt me in the slightest. As for those that say that they might not be about to play the class well in a group, perhaps, but I've seen players that weren't powerleveled play like noobs as well. If folks figure a way to avoid some of the exp grind at the lower end, big deal, it only will work until so far anyways. I really don't understand why folks get upset about this, unless they are unhappy that they didn't get pl'ed. As for myself, I had fun leveling up at the early levels, but I can see how that novelty would rapidly wear off after a few alts were made.

stop sending me personal messages! i won't tell anyone how to do the exploit! please stop asking!

thanks

Smile Let me get this straight?

So your saying if you can get your friends into the game and level them at outrageously high rates, that doesn't devalue the experience or the game in general? What a crappy friggin attitude. So what if you have one high level or six, your being selfish and cheap if you think it's right. I don't play this because it's fast or easy. I play a persistent world game because it lasts longer that the last $60 game I bought, then completed in 3 days and shelved it. Uber arrogant twinks are the scourge of MMORPG's, go play CS.
    All my chars are on RK2 if anyone wants to contact me:
    Azaz - Agent 73
    Cortraz - MA 57
    Lilao - Adventurer 158
    Betamaxine - Fixer 45
    etc

hey, for a "..." class, it's the only thing we can do to keep our acc'ts open for the 3 friggin months of not having a patch. and probably with 14.5 patched, with fixes and all, we'll never see any patch notes for another month other than "..." if we have even more info than the friggin iron curtain deal u have back there and your "...", then perhaps stopping this so-called exploit would be fair. until then, just keep on doing your good work GMs and tell ayabe to go "..." himself.

NT on a rampage...

... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ... <--all the dots mean something, but i ain't tell what. -kahzmic
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

This exploit which I just learned about pisses me off , I lvled days and days my alts to lvl 50 before being so bored i croked. Yet I saw a friend go from lvl 1-150 in 1 week 2 days . I dont use exploits but i might make an alt and start cursing to high hell. I didnt dupe credits or use any other exploit. But FC says well its ok if only 5 ppl know. I'm definitely petitioning this is the dumbest FC has become. Why not give my alts a lvl weapon thatd about make up for the time. So if i find a way to exploit but no one knows its not an exploit. FC I thought cheaters never win , winners never cheat I guess it the opposite with FC Cheaters are considrred cool , honest joes are left in the dumpster.What about hacking few ppl have done so its not an exploit Right right. I earned every single lvl with my 180 enf and to be given 100 lvls would have helped me so freakin much. FC you suck arse. Its like on EQ ok get your free lvl 35 character come and get em while their hot. hey FC give us lvl 150+ a free ticket to 200 we deserve it right or ban everyone who used this EXPLOIT. FC arse sucker. Ive earned my money gear and lvls so dammit give me a reward or ban the exploiters or hell im gonna cancel.

i sense hostility captain....

Originally posted by Gmuptor
    This exploit which I just learned about pisses me off , I lvled days and days my alts to lvl 50 before being so bored i croked. Yet I saw a friend go from lvl 1-150 in 1 week 2 days . I dont use exploits but i might make an alt and start cursing to high hell. I didnt dupe credits or use any other exploit. But FC says well its ok if only 5 ppl know. I'm definitely petitioning this is the dumbest FC has become. Why not give my alts a lvl weapon thatd about make up for the time. (edited out some more senseless drivel)
    all i can say is wow.

for the record i have leveled my characters the hard way (yes all of them).

i remember discussions about third party apps and macros in ac and all i have to say to people who are annoyed someone is pushing an alt from 1- what? 50? 60? that they need to relax.

i think a bad exploit or a problem happens once you have players at the high end of the game who make MORE xp macroing/xploiting then people playing the game the legit way.
    (edit: this is the case in ac. you cannot keep up with chains and macros regardless of how hard you play).

in no way was the grouping loophole such a thing since its use was kinda capped.
    maybe it was time to label it an exploit now because after patch 14.5 (tomorrow) you have better hunting grounds and could level a player to mid level?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

If its doable int he game then it should be allowed, that makes sense really, i probabaly still wouldnt use it but id they put something in the game then its their problem as to whether or not people do it. It cant be too hard to fix, i remember when you used to get the (you can loot these remains) msg before the mob died, cant the same be done for xp :/.

Easy to get noobs up fast. Just get a high lvl advent to help you. They can give you a kickbutt damage shield, that should get you to lvl 10 in an hour or so. Then just go into mission and let them heal you :P
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Arrow

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    If its doable int he game then it should be allowed, that makes sense really, i probabaly still wouldnt use it but id they put something in the game then its their problem as to whether or not people do it. It cant be too hard to fix, i remember when you used to get the (you can loot these remains) msg before the mob died, cant the same be done for xp :/.
    Umm... right...

Just because its possible to do it doesn't mean you should... Ok, so that won't stop a lot of people, but some of us have morals... (seems from your statement that you have some, which is good...)

That said, there are plenty of other ways to powerlevel an alt which are pretty much legit. They may not be as fast (understatement) but they are much speedier than doing it yourself.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast