Thread: Yalmaha / playfield annoyances / bugs

Thumbs down Yalmaha / playfield annoyances / bugs

Thanks for fixing falling damage. Unfortunately, Yalmaha has problems still:

1. Zoning drops it back into your inventory. Why is this a problem?

Because some Funcom designer thought it was a brilliant idea to put a zone wall in the *middle* of a huge lake.

You zone with your Yalmaha, you fall into the lake on the other side. If you equip your Yalmaha while swimming, you do NOT fly. You SWIM.

Most of the time enhanced sharks kill me, especially since you can't fight back while swimming either.

2. If you equip your Yalmaha while swimming, no, you don't fly. You have to find dry land, unequip it, and reequip it.

3. Why are so many zone boundaries surrounded by huge lakes? It makes this problem so much more annoying. So because of this "artificial" magic wall, you can't use your plane because the water traps are death.

Tim

Question ?

Admittedly, I don't have the money for a yalmaha, and with all my fixer run buffs and my ground vehicles, I go fast anyway... but...

Couldn't you just be careful while flying over water to watch for a zone wall in front of you, and then when you see one, fly along it to land... cross the zone, reequip, and fly off?

I realize this is something we think Funcom should fix, but until such time as they can get to it, considering everything else they're doing, can't we find a way to work around it?

Just wondering...

-Nietya

Yalms

The fact that yalms, or any other vehicle for that matter, unequip after you zone is a royal pain. Not just because of lakes, but because of lag and mobs that just love to aggro you while you're still zone lagged and can't move. I understand that they are supposed to unequip when zoning into a indoor area, missions, shops, etc, but if you're still in the great outdoors, there is no reason it should unequip.

3 other bugs with yalms:

1. Team heals cause you to fall right out of the sky, and well, fall damage hurts.

2. Pressing escape to un-target something also makes you crash. Needless to say I don't dare touch that key when flying.

3. Auto-follow while in yalms is seriously messed up. I target someone in a yalm to follow them in my yalm. Close to impossible. Why? Well, the person I'm following appears to dive and then screams back up towards the sky. So I end up losing them on those wonderful journeys to EFP and DAV. Here's a typical conversation between myself and teammate:

Me: "hey, quit all the fancy crap, just fly in a straight line"
    Them: "dude, you're the one doing the fancy crap, you keep flipping around and diving"

SO! Is this a graphical bug? Please fix these, you'd make many pilots happy.

Planes are expensive because they're beneficial, right? Okay, then fix those very unbeneficial bugs.

Thanks,
    Dezzie
    Omni MA, lvl 102

Buildnotes for 13.2 says it's fixed. Whiners.

Can you be constructive instead of posting noise?

Uh, do you have anything useful to contribute? Or are your 58/68 posts under your name all noise?