Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good old Rubi-ka

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Please don't make this only about soldier weapons though. Suggest upgrades for more weaponlines as well
    I agree, upgrades to more Rubi-ka weapons and armors for all classes. The Melee Smith would be a good start for one. Does anyone even use his weapons anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Then their BS :P

Hellspinner but with reflect reducer instead of snare proc would rule. Same dmg stats as D shark.
    Wake up. You're not going to get -24% reflect and the same stats as the shark instead of a snare. Thats a different league of weapons just because of the different proc...

Please don't make this only about soldier weapons though. Suggest upgrades for more weaponlines as well
    Go ahead, make suggestions, its not the soldiers job to suggest trader weapons.
    ಠ_ಠ

I was just thinking of this the other day. Why clog the item DB with tons of useless items? Yeah some of them are cool for the first 5 levels of the game... if you're a noob with no clue what's going on.

Take this for example. Cool mods right? Awesome damage right? Wrong. Some of the items in this game have really cool descriptions on them and sometimes it's nice to read them as you're moving it into the shop booth nearest you.

There were viral weapon upgrades released a long while back, why not take this one step further and add a few more in, or make the upgraded weapons useful? Or like a previous poster said, take some of the kings of the old days and revamp them. Division 9, Mausser Chemical Streamer, Manex Catastrophe, Yatamuchy X-3, OT-12, just to name a few. Maybe even take it a step further and add in viral armor upgrades. Tripple Combined Plasteel armor would be cool, or if you want the weird looking (but omg it has a back piece!) Senpei Deluxe set. Tweek those web cloaks! The possibilities are endless.

I understand that bad is good, because without bad how would you know what good is... but do we need so much bad? =/
    Last edited by Mostadio; Aug 6th, 2007 at 12:21:02. Reason: Adding something constructive.
    Waiting for a cure.

on first thought i would just trash 90% of AO's item-database, so sad to see a n00b trying to sell a Ql 23 piece of junk for days on shopping channels;
    but then on second thought you realize that most of this 90% is quite artful in regards of description, name and original 'design-intention', it's stuff fit for a museum....so no, you couldn't possibly remove this treasure;

My advy is wearing RK gear on anything visible (save pen shades when he wears them).

I just didn't want to spend the money on a toon I'm constantly advancing... I may switch him into more dangerous gear at 190.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Oh common, I dont know anything about other professions :P I dont pay that much attention to details like that.

FC Please also buff that Fixer weapon that looks old and has rags wrapped around the clip, and that Crat gun that looks like some sort of pistol. Also that agent rifle, it looks kinda like a rifle.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Wake up. You're not going to get -24% reflect and the same stats as the shark instead of a snare. Thats a different league of weapons just because of the different proc...
    Why not, that WAS our weapon back in the day :P and the proc isnt often.

For our next weapon when their upgrading the various profs gear again, instead of upgrading our weapons DPS they could give us that. Same dps but with that proc.

If they make it lower then it is NOTHING more then another utility special use item. You dont swap to something with a rare proc hoping it procs in PvP :P Well people do but its a gamble. Anyways, getting more use outta normal shots will be nice, gives a reason to keep trying normal hits as apposed to swapping to AS weapon then back, almost completely eliminating normal shots from constant swapping. Something we could use.
    Krause Equip

(Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")

Just make all the old RK weapons dual wieldable

Dual weild support beams, dual wield EQB's, dual wield manex's, dual wield nova flows

Ok, not serious but it would look so cool!

Dual wield Hellspinners!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Dual wield Hellspinners!
    O.o

awesome. rambo style lol

Well, they would most likely have to get a poll running on it, cause with all the items in the database, if you upgraded every single one, the DB would increase exponentially.

if they picked a select few, like went into each profession forums and asked what each prof would like to see upgraded, then that could work, but if you want to upgrade everything, then you got a problem of making the game a whole lot bigger.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

To be perfectly honest.. The thing I miss the most is the viability of using other weapon lines than the "suggested" one.

I remember how fun it was with so many options. I was a SMG trader for a while. I used manex because of the sexy 7k burst I used rifles for a while too when I was 200. I have used pistols in the past. I have used ranged energy too!

I have had fun with every combination you could think of on all professions pretty much. And it was all somewhat viable.

These days everything is so powerful that everyone are forced, by design, into a set role with a set weapon and a set armor-setup.

AO used to be anarchy. Every man for himself. Do what you think is clever and survive on your own terms! Now AO looks more like... *gag*... WoW in terms of setups.

I want more open perks so that I can trade my shotgun-perks for similar perks in a different weaponline. I want to use.. assault rifle or SMG or... something!

I miss that!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I want more open perks so that I can trade my shotgun-perks for similar perks in a different weaponline. I want to use.. assault rifle or SMG or... something!

I miss that!
    Well i think that what SL did to being able to choose what you want, by stating(iirc, wasnt here for SL release) that you can Specialize your character with perks. But unfortunately, it pushed everyone into a role with what weapons to use :/
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

To be perfectly honest.. The thing I miss the most is the viability of using other weapon lines than the "suggested" one.

I remember how fun it was with so many options. I was a SMG trader for a while. I used manex because of the sexy 7k burst I used rifles for a while too when I was 200. I have used pistols in the past. I have used ranged energy too!

I have had fun with every combination you could think of on all professions pretty much. And it was all somewhat viable.

These days everything is so powerful that everyone are forced, by design, into a set role with a set weapon and a set armor-setup.

AO used to be anarchy. Every man for himself. Do what you think is clever and survive on your own terms! Now AO looks more like... *gag*... WoW in terms of setups.

I miss that!
    This is the best idea yet. And what i was thinking about. Why does it not bother anyone that everyone looks the same? This game has so many items to chose from and now most are usless. I wouldn't care if it took a year to upgrade items. Just give us a full game again. Make Rubi-ka worth something again. The game should not be all about Shadowlands gear. Like someone said, They wouldn't have to upgrade everything,Just some of them would help the game balance.

I miss that!
    yes, and bump for symbiant prof lock removal!
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Perks, Symbs and armor with more then 10-15 in weapon skills for your proff is what killed that :/
    Krause Equip

Rather then changing the weapons themselves, it's possible to change the mechanics so that they become viable.

Currently for example ranged init effects weapon speed less if you have more than 1200 of it. If you would remove this feature, weapons like the mentioned Techtronica Neural Disruptor would be more viable. Like for someone who is not the tank and can afford to be higher on the aggdef slider.

Also, per profession, the attack rating is less effective if you have more than 1000 of it. If this would be implemented like a current Max Beneficial Skill it could change some things too. For example, besides an MBS of 2000 on a certain weapon, it would have a value of 1400 from where attackrating becomes less effective. Another gun could have better stats, but since it decreases in effectiveness allready after 1100 attackrating, it's not better.

/me allows a little nostalgia...

I loved my beam weilding enf, it just seemed right.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Un nerfed EQB would be so much fun again
    stuff

I miss the old Rider warblades. I used to dual wield those on my enforcer before I made Wrangeline and that enf was sexy! And I miss the support beam and hammer for enfos!

And I miss the novaflow, hellspinner, MA claws, police shotgun. I never used that one but it had burst

I miss Queen Blade enfos. Krutt shotguns. Manex.

I even miss Senpai armor! "Get senpai, it has the best armor modifiers!!"

Weapons of the old days are like the beatles, rolling stones, elvis, frank zappa, frank sinatra, deep purple.. Weapons today are like britney spears and 50 cent. Lots of damage (CD's sold) but no SOUL! No personality
    Actually, there are a few of us old-timers back (paying customers) as well as froobs that do use these weapons and armor.

I have SLands enabled on both of my accounts but I know very little about quests or missions there. Having recently returned to the game since just before SLands, I can remember when everyone used the weapons Wrangeline mentions. My new little Advy and Trader are in Senpai (Primus) where possible and using SOLS and Krutts.

My lv70 soldier is wearing her old Omni-Elite and a Div9. My fixer is wearing the Cyborg armor I was gathering in anticipation of SLands before I quit. She does have a perennium weapon though.

My point is, many of us without orgs who dont know much about SLands or the other expansions, are still using RK oldie-goldies. Without an org its hard to get a lv175 character back into action in SLands. And the decision to get AI and LE is a catch-22 with having an org. Really no reason to have AI or LE if you dont have the gear from SLands to move into the gear from AI, know what I mean?

I for one am back and paying but spending 95% of my time on RK. Any improvements to the old game are very much welcome and looked forward too.
    Shoanna
    Explorer 86%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 33%

R A W R!

Why didn't the designers make the Shark TWICE as big as this one?!
    we are soldiers, we are meant to hold BIG WEAPONS! not slim ones
    I am the motionless rage lying in a dark corner, hidden. I am the joys of unnoticed pleasure that pass you by.
    I EXIST...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoanna View Post
    Actually, there are a few of us old-timers back (paying customers) as well as froobs that do use these weapons and armor.

I have SLands enabled on both of my accounts but I know very little about quests or missions there. Having recently returned to the game since just before SLands, I can remember when everyone used the weapons Wrangeline mentions. My new little Advy and Trader are in Senpai (Primus) where possible and using SOLS and Krutts.

My lv70 soldier is wearing her old Omni-Elite and a Div9. My fixer is wearing the Cyborg armor I was gathering in anticipation of SLands before I quit. She does have a perennium weapon though.

My point is, many of us without orgs who dont know much about SLands or the other expansions, are still using RK oldie-goldies. Without an org its hard to get a lv175 character back into action in SLands. And the decision to get AI and LE is a catch-22 with having an org. Really no reason to have AI or LE if you dont have the gear from SLands to move into the gear from AI, know what I mean?

I for one am back and paying but spending 95% of my time on RK. Any improvements to the old game are very much welcome and looked forward too.
    Well said Shoanna, My characters are like yours. RK all the time. Only time i go to SLands is to my luxury jobe apt. Love the in home grid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast