Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Organizations v2.0

Cool Roleplaying Organizations v2.0

This is a list of orgs that have declared themselves as role-play orgs in some capacity. It is a continuation of Nevvar's old list (which in turn was a paring down of Demenzia's). The list will be randomly pruned of orgs who are not active or are no-longer RP orgs.

If you click on an org's name, it will take you to the stats page for that org to view their number of members, average level, etc. I have also included links to the homepages of those orgs which have a web site.

If you would like to have your org added to the list either have your org president/leader send me a PM on the forums about it with your org's website and classification level or post a response in this thread.

If your org does actually roleplay, please submit it here, and I'll update the list below as soon as possible.

Omni-Tek

Neutral

Clan

For a list of RP orgs (both player-based and fictional for stories purposes) and their descriptions, have a look at this thread.

Note on org classifications: You probably have noticed letters behind the name of certain of the listed orgs. This is a project of 'classification', meant to help people in their choice of an org. All of us don't roleplay the same way, nor are looking for the same degree of RP involvement. So, hope this can help.

Org type A

An org where RP is casual but present. 'Regular' players and roleplayers are mixed. An org to join for a light experience of RP without getting too deeply involved into backgrounds and rules of conduct.

Org type B
    An org where RP is common. All members are able to roleplay when they want to. A polyvalent org where all kinds of attitude can cohabit freely.

Org type C
    An org where RP is required. Some stories can be prepared, members happily join roleplayed conversations, yet are also involved in other aspects of the game.

Org type D
    An org where RP is very present. All players are ready to be involved into stories and roleplay naturally. In Char talk is applied, yet some liberties are allowed.

Org type E
    An org where RP is everything. All members are experienced roleplayers or learning to be. Stories and backgrounds are what leads the org, other aspects of the game are secondary. Out Of Char talk is restricted.

[IC]: The organisation is a member of the Infinite Circle alliance (Omni-Tek)
    Last edited by Berael; Jul 6th, 2009 at 20:49:36.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I would honestly say that the ~ Society of Salvation ~ falls more under C-D than E. Just my 2 cents, really.. Not too sure if other members of the SoS will agree, though
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Unfortunately, that will have to be up to the leaders of the org to decide

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Removed some old, inactive, or non-role play groups from the list.

I was just wondering how you check if an org is still active? And would it be possible to put dates next to the orgs as to the last known contact with them?

you ask them
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Please classify The Mockers as Type A-B, and active =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Fixed! Thank you for your input!

You are very welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

bump for this, great information for roleplayers looking for an org.
    I would reduce aethyr knights to A or A-B as there has been a new leader and there is very little RP atm.
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

added Radio Rexx and edited Aethyrs information.

Please Add

Please add Guild Opposing Force - types A & B and we are again active.

here is a link to our forums... website coming soon http://op4ao.proboards85.com/index.cgi
    Marylynn "Rauri" Kozar
    President Opposing Force 2002 - 2010

Raurie lvl 217 ***Doc
    Rauri lvl 215 for like EVER **Fixer
    Jedzia lvl 130 *MA
    Rorie lvl 129 *MP
    Just to name a few....
    ....... and 4 other "alt" accounts cause that's how I roll

Please remove Assembly from the list of clan guilds.

It saddens me to see you guys going into hibernation, so to say. I've "grown up" in AO at a time when Omni-Pol and Assembly had a lot of interaction, or at least that's how it felt like. I'm keeping my (player) fingers crossed that you'll return back to the list of active orgs again soon. I'll try my best that when you do, you will find someone on the other side of the fence to RP with.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Removed a couple of orgs, including Nanomage Liberation Front since they took a hiatus, also removed Aethyrs web site because it directs to gobbly ****.

Digital Alliance forums are .net now, not .org anymore

Rebelion Waves

Newly formed clan org at the moment in type D trying to get to type E
    Sometimes I want to scream
    So long that life escapes.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.
    I'd be the angel of disgrace

Omni-Mining [IC]'s website has been down for... probably a year or more. We are still active and type C, though.

Mercury Dragons Clan RETURNS!!

Org type B

Current Website: http://mercury-dragons.org/forums/
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=555897
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Update thread pls!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast