Thread: Wishlist Discussion: Pet Window

Wishlist Discussion: Pet Window

Over the next few days/weeks/months/years ShadowGod and I will be updating and trimming the wishlist to reflect current MP concerns, thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

In order to facilitate this, we will be posting a series of topics to elicit some discussion on specific issues.

We want your comments and thoughts, but request that a few basic rules be followed.

1. No flaming. Lets keep it clean, folks.
    2. Stay on topic. Don't delve off into some obscure reference that has nothing to do with the topic on hand.
    3. Feel free to suggest anything you can think of, but please try and keep the suggestions realistic. For example, getting a new 1HB weapon may be reasonable. A 1HB with double Aimed Shot, Full Auto, and Sneak Attack is not.

Please remember that not all of your suggestions will make it into the wishlist. But SG and I will personally read each and every one of them, and the ones that we see that fit what MP's in general are looking for (and remember, not all feedback comes through the forums), we'll be sure to include.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally one of the biggest pet peeves of mine is the pet window.

It's too useful to not have up, but at the same time takes up tons of real estate (especially for those with smaller resolutions) and is not very configurable.

What suggestions do we have for improvements to the pet window?
    What buttons would you like to see added (maybe that you use quite often)?
    What would you like to see removed?
    If you could redesign the pet window, what would it look like?

Revamp of Pet Window
    -Resizable window.
    -Target the pet is fighting/healing.
    -Pet timer (could be color coded HP bar or a nano in the Pet NCU as an alternative to a timer).
    -Pet terminate button.
    -Also Because of the new chat GUI having a right click menu couldent we just have all the pet commands on a dropdown menu like that instead of having them big buttons.
    -Nano bar for heal pet
    -Option for no buttons
    -Option for icons instead of names
    -Option for small style hp bars
    Original thread here.

I think it would be very useful to have it turned into something that can be mounted on the sidebar. THAT would be a good way to minimize the hit to graphical real estate and still be able to see what your pets are looking like.

This is off topic, of course, but could you fire up a wishlist thread about urn pet line extensions as well?

prolly if they made it fully xmlized so we could even move around the buttons, bars etc. heh.. maye that'd be too confusing for people...

/me shrug

they could at least add in the xml conf for letting us change the color of the hp/nano bars, etc.

and yeah.. maybe a "compact" option so its not as wide.
    and also a button-less option. i know i never use the buttons, just my macros.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Wonderful idea's and certainly desperately needed.

Revamp of Pet Window
    -Resizable window.
    -Target the pet is fighting/healing.
    -Pet timer (could be color coded HP bar or a nano in the Pet NCU as an alternative to a timer).
    -Pet terminate button.
    -Also Because of the new chat GUI having a right click menu couldent we just have all the pet commands on a dropdown menu like that instead of having them big buttons.
    -Nano bar for heal pet
    -Option for no buttons
    -Option for icons instead of names
    -Option for small style hp bars
    Pet's current orders would be a good addition too... behind/guard/follow etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    This is off topic, of course, but could you fire up a wishlist thread about urn pet line extensions as well?
    We'll get there. I don't want to flood the forums with too many new topics at one, so that people can focus on a handful of issues at once.

Back on topic...

Dockability (is that a word? It is one now!) would be a great idea, and I really like the idea of making it skinnable.

One thing in particular I've often wanted to do is be able to split the window in 3 other windows, with each one being a different pet.

That and being able to modify the view of the pet's NCU (I wish I could switch it to list mode so I could see how long is left on buffs in minutes, not as a fraction).
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

For the pets NCU, could we get actual individual icons for those nanos instead of question marks?

Position in the pet window locked based of pet type (attack always on top and mez on bottom with heal in the middle).
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Bump for the NCU of a pet being readable again...having 3-4 question marks instead of nano icons is kinda stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Davias View Post
    For the pets NCU, could we get actual individual icons for those nanos instead of question marks?
    YES PLEASE!
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

When I cast my pets I cast them in this order:

1) attack
    2) mezz
    3) heal

I'm used to press shift+f1 to target my attackpet etc, but due to the short lifespan, it can jump to the second or the third spot unless i terminate them all to get them in the "proper" order.

WTB fixed positions, or preferably a way to rearrange them manually without recasting them all. (OT: or a longer duration of the SL attack pets *whistles*)

The pet window is way to wide. The NCU-icons isnt usefull at all, for one there's only 3 buffs(at least that I have) and I can see 13 icons ...
    Edit: dont have time now, ill add something else later when I figure how to write it -_-
    Last edited by notalive2; Aug 6th, 2007 at 13:40:02.

Heal and mezz pet are generally without buff (or they dont need to be refreshed, so once casted, it doesnt matter).
    For attack pet, almost everyone has at least 3, one of them needed to be refreshed often.
    But there can be a lot more : perk, external buff (auras), debuffs (useful to know when your pet is NSD'ed or root), etc.. etc...

for pets that despawn - wtb timer next to pet name on pet's lifebar.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

A timer would be cool, yes.

(Dont forget you can use a script though.)

engi here (keep in mind your not the only pet user ^^ ) also have a sweet little MP
    I don't like this if there are any actions in the bars keep it one click away please, because if you have to act fast it saves a lot of time. rightclick -> move to right function -> click again VS click (stuff like /pet hunt etc could be from a right click menu)
    I would rather opt to make the HP bars scalable so you can properly resize the window and make the text buttons icons (or make a option to iconize them (woot more options))

and bump for showing NCU left for pets

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    prolly if they made it fully xmlized so we could even move around the buttons, bars etc. heh.. maye that'd be too confusing for people...

/me shrug

they could at least add in the xml conf for letting us change the color of the hp/nano bars, etc.

and yeah.. maybe a "compact" option so its not as wide.
    and also a button-less option. i know i never use the buttons, just my macros.
    i like this idea.. it might also help me out if i could lock my pets into a certain order..

for example im use to having attack,mezz,heal.. so when attack is ready to despawn i just terminate them all since im so use to that order and having F1-3 being a specific pet it confuses me when i only recast one of them..

and usually the newest pet goes to the bottom.. although i've noticed this does'nt always happen.

or they could just give us 2hr attack pets i wont have the need to terminate and recast all because they all despawn at the same time.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

I agree, this would free alot of time for me and my team, cause I too have to terminate alle and recast them because of the pet`order.

So BUMP for the "pet arrange lock"
    Caitho level 220\15 Mp Rk1
    Ragnarok unit memeber
    My gimpy SETUP (Out dated, wil be updated soon)

I would liketo see pet nano/health bars included in a left side dropdown menu as the team menu, with timers on pets,NCU usage, NCU icons (not the "?" icons) and possibility to put in tiny macros, or the possibility to individually change 5 tiny push buttons underneath the pet status bars.

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Ideas:
    ~) Option to display health bars and NCU vertically.(to fit better when docked)
    !) Inconed buttons(like the wing menu's instead of the full word 'attack' a small icon, that shows a tool tip on mouse over)
    @) Option for transparency and click through(except the buttons)

Supporting:
    ~) A terminate button, BUT! preferably have pet warp clear aggro and pathing lists, just like terminating the pet does, so that terminating isn't the only way to unbug pets.
    !) Option for Icons instead of names.
    @) Timers, except the color coded health bar.
    #) Icons for nano's instead of question marks
    $) nano bar for heal pet.
    %) locked order for the pets
    ^) changeable macro's under buttons(settable and remembered for each pet)
    &) RESIZABLE WINDOW

There's been a demand for this for sooo long, I wonder when FC will finally do something about it.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.