Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wishlist Discussion: Creation Items

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Lemme wrangle this damn thread back on track before more arguing goes on.

Dug up my old ideas thread (probably still sitting on first page as I speak.) and as I was reviewing it, ran into an interesting little idea for a new shield line, and while most everyone has probably read it already I'll reiterate it here since this is the wishlist consideration thread.

The 1hb mirror shield idea I'd had waay back when still seems feasible even now, having a minor limited reflecting shield that buffers some of the damage incoming to some degree, though having it dual-wieldable seems kinda over-the-top at this point. Under the assumption that the Shield of Asmodian tops out at 30 Reflect Fire AC and that extensions to that line would drive the reflect AC even higher (shield ql is 199, plenty of room in the shadowlevels for much improvement, and assuming doubled requirements for casting could even go up to 60 fire reflect and some insane amount of AAD) it wouldn't be as much over the top to have one shield that topped out at 30 reflect to all acs at 220, and starting out at 5-10 reflect AC in the early levels, at the 165 marker I was picturing this line starting at, when SL and AI content can simply breathe on the MP and wipe 'em out.

One thing I had thought about and is coming more and more to mind is perhaps having creation weapons start leaning more towards the Time and Space requirement than the 1hb/2hb requirements...possibly shifting the ratio from 80/20 to perhaps 90/10 or less if possible. 1hb and 2hb, heck, ALL of our weaponskills are not easy to come by, and the idea I had for the MP in terms of future development would be putting those oft-neglected creations to use to give to the profession what others have in spades in buffs they can just cast on themselves and walk away. Raising the AR boost from TS as well as buffering the hit from the weaponskill requirement will keep folks from screaming quite so much if/when new weapons come out, and while we won't be hitting with the same AR that some major DD professions get, we won't be looking at AR that would be considered laughable by every other profession out there. From a profession perspective, these aren't random sticks we're picking up and swinging, they are actually part of our physical bodies we're using in these items.

dont worry, i decided to put him on my ignore list instead of continuing any more troll feeding.

as for shifting from such high weapon skills... you know.. i've been arguing for that for years now

but alot of people like to shoot that down about how "every prof has to put IP into dark blue skills". but course, i dont care about the others!

its still not something i'll ever give up on. but i wont complain about any methods for us to buff the weaponskills instead tho.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Well I'd like to see a nice looking creation wings back armor which enables the use of mezz & healpet empowerment buffs...
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

I just want a 1hb weapon thats useful that could be used with the creation shield. One that uses TS as the main weapon skill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12