Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post No 3413 on Evades v AAD

not saying weather the formula is right or wrong seems pretty acurate to me though..........

a 220 fixer would have near 7k defensive rating without perks up at 220 with those calcs. Personally that seem kinda insane. with perks up I would guess 10kish didin't calc with perks up so thats just a guess. with that kind of defensive rating FA shouldn't land but onces in a blue moon and from what I hear it lands more often then that.

personally I believe there is some form of hard cap on evades and AR keeping everyone in check but, there is no real way of telling if there is or isn't unless someone from FC steps in here

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Specials AR is [(Weapon_AR + Special_AR)/2]+AAO. So yeah it's lower than your weapon AR.
    as i know that is FA's AR, but i can bet that burst have different AR calc, as i hit it more often than FA on evade proffesions in pvp, and skill is almost the same as i twinked mostly on FA 1650~
    Phear the chiprel!

it's the same formula

You notice FA missing a lot more since it has more than 10x the cycle burst has.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    it's the same formula

You notice FA missing a lot more since it has more than 10x the cycle burst has.
    nope, i very much hit every 2nd or 3rd burst on evade proffesions, like MA , adv or like but never hit a sigle bullet with FA.. maybe unlucky?
    Phear the chiprel!

That and burst has ~100 more AR. While you can fire 10 burst during 1 FA.
    Last edited by Racatti; Aug 28th, 2007 at 01:45:53.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

I tried to calculate opponents ar... but I was ~300 ar off all the time.
    One time it seemed that my opponent had 2x more life than this theory thought
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Also FA has that if you miss 1 bullet, rest of the clip miss too rule that burst don't have afaik.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Also FA has that if you miss 1 bullet, rest of the clip miss too rule that burst don't have afaik.
    You can land 1, 2, or 3 bullet bursts. I'm not sure if it lands 1/2 or 1 miss 2 land 3, or if it even matters, but it does happen.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Yeah I know that you don't always get 3 bullets burst but I don't think that if you miss the first bullets, the 2 others miss too like for FA. Especially when I play my gimp doc that land burst almost all the time but for 1-2 bullets.
    blah

yeah anyone of the 3 bullets from burst can land in any order
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla View Post
    not saying weather the formula is right or wrong seems pretty acurate to me though..........

a 220 fixer would have near 7k defensive rating without perks up at 220 with those calcs. Personally that seem kinda insane. with perks up I would guess 10kish didin't calc with perks up so thats just a guess. with that kind of defensive rating FA shouldn't land but onces in a blue moon and from what I hear it lands more often then that.

personally I believe there is some form of hard cap on evades and AR keeping everyone in check but, there is no real way of telling if there is or isn't unless someone from FC steps in here

Long long time ago I heard there is no sutch thing as hardcap on Evades/AR/Add dmg and sideways running
    Knekt 220 keep
    Andvord 220 Adv
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Haavarst 220 Crat
    Knekt2 1 Trader twinky

Proud member of Hands of Fate

if that calculations are right, vagabound cloak gets more powerfull than modified notucomm at 2k evades?

Quote Originally Posted by Garremp View Post
    if that calculations are right, vagabound cloak gets more powerfull than modified notucomm at 2k evades?
    even at 640 they are even
    Phear the chiprel!

Quote Originally Posted by Garremp View Post
    even at 640 they are even

awww no , my bad 10 aad = 1%

means, at 6400 evades vagabond and notucom would be even
    Phear the chiprel!

This post is rather interesting. It would explain why the massive AAD boosts I can get (5750sih on top the AAD I get from equipment/research) doesn't do that much for me, as crats have crap evades.

It could mean that notucomm might work better than the 100AAD I get from the OFAB backpiece.

one thing i just noticed about this is that he assumes that if you have like 1200 ar to 3600 defense rating thats a 1/3 chance to hit

that would mean 3600 ar to 3600 defense rating would be 100% chance to hit

which is very wrong its more like 50% chance

which also means this acording to his theory

fixer has 2600(unperked) dodge
    1800? aad

thats +180% more

meaning like 6k

people have 3k ar

so you would hit fixer half the time yeah?

1aad = 1 evade its not only logical but works out

also i dont have a soldier formula for it but 1k ar to 1k evades/aad = 50%~ chance to hit i can confirm this from playing ym ma who's evades+aad was just a tad higher then peoples ar and thats about how much i got it

now i think it goes soemthing like this

500 ar vs 1k evades = 25% chance to hit
    1000 ar vs 500 evades= 75% chance to hit

250 ar vs 1000 evades = 12~% chance to hit
    and vise versa

and if your ar is less then 1-5% of the persons defense rating you pretty much wont hit pretty much
    Last edited by tehtweeky; Sep 9th, 2007 at 01:59:37.

well, for 1 thing, there is no such thing as a 100% hit, there is a natural 5%( or about there) chance to miss.

also consider that evades are still all luck based, and that only after lots and lots of test, can you get an accurate result, meaning a few thousand tries, this could work for and against this theory. but i've had people miss me many times in a row or hit me many times in a row given the same conditions.

Sounds more logical even when you look at how mobs react. There are mobs in pen mishes that I couldn't perk when leveling. I didn't miss a lot though. Seeing as mobs only have AAD, this theory explains why you don't miss a lot but can't perk them.

this may contradict what has been said thus far but i felt i should post it anyway

please keep in mind im not saying this is the final word or anything im only saying that i asked the question and this is what sil told me at dragoncon

i asked how add all def works

he said that 1 add all def = 1 in every evade

i said well is NR included he said no only evades

so then i asked about this thread and the different multiplier theorys

he flat out said that there was no multiplier or anything to that effect all he would say is that aad is weighted heavier than evades

i was confused at this point cause he (prior in the conversation) had told me that they were equal (aad and evades)

then the conan discussion was about to start so i quit pestering him.

all in all he acted like it was just a very simple thing and that there was no magic behind the mechanics at all

once again not saying this is the end of the discussion just that i in the first person heard craig say this

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast