Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post No 3413 on Evades v AAD

math makes my brain hurt
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Breaks stop being lazy and meep this thread to stickies please.
    I'll sticky it in the FAQ thread.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Hm, I heard some people using ga4 that didn't skill any evades. According to your calculations they shouldn't have a good defensive rating.

If one got ~200 from trickeldown it would be like:
    200*2.7 = 540

With such a low rating one would evade less then a non ga fixer with maxed evades. How does it fit with Pomidors theory?

Symbs/imps have evades, limber has evades, ga4 itself has 215 evades.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

The defensive check is %Defense Skill + 100% AAD vs %Attack Skill +100% AAO.

Even with 0 IP into evades, due to symbs/perks/trickle down/GA the GA fixer will still have 400ish evades +2400ish AAD for a def rating of 2800. If you're not being attacked by someone with 2800ish AR, then you still have an excellent defense rating for a TL5 level.

Pomidor's theory, although hard to read due to presentation, seems to corispond with that.

He uses "Easy Shot" as an example due to it's 5% duck explosives check. At TL7 this perk will still occasionally land on some fixers, because the trader has higher AR then the 5% duck+AAD of the fixer. At TL5 however, the trader's AR is much lower, and the 2400ish AAD of the GA fixer is enough to counter the perk, regardless of evades.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

At tl5 u got evades from trickledown, GSF, symbs perks and from GA itself. It should be about 600 or so (depends on setup). Its still around 2800 evades
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

This be some nice researchin', yarrrrr.

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Yes Awi, you are right. There is no point pumping AAD when u got low or none Evades, cause its percentage wont have anything to boost.

For the record. I randomly meeted players that was shoting each other, and were asking for targets AR. I asked player A to hit player B ( one was enf 112 second was 125) fixer., so I could try my math. After 25 shots i did calcs for Enfos AR, and it went 1070. Then I asked what hes AR. He answered: 1072... ( i knew Fixers evades of course, so I could base my calcs on something that I know).
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

very interesting theory...a lot less 'mystical' than anticipated

Ahh, now i understand why ranged profs found it hard to perk me through 1600 evade skill and about 450 AAD...

3016 defence rating ftw.

i still got perked sometimes though? hmmm
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Interesting theory pomidor, ill investigate it some time meanwhile i have been working in another direction, some of know that negative evades=100% critrate, my engi is set up for AAD draining and can take away 890 AAD. In testserver i could dual a 200 fixer to play around with and found out that any combination of dodge+AAD or either one purely with total of 889 would still allow me to crit him 100% after the drains (this is from 1k test shots) also another thing to consider is that coffe cans which have no attack or defense skill should work 100% on aad/aao and by your theory without evades aad wont do a thing but in practice i missed almost all hits on the fixer with GA4 equipped. These 2 strongly favour a bluntly added evade boost by aad

GA4 has evades on itself.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Ahh, now i understand why ranged profs found it hard to perk me through 1600 evade skill and about 450 AAD...

3016 defence rating ftw.

i still got perked sometimes though? hmmm
    Perks != regulars

perks are AR vs. defcheck+AAD or AR+AAO vs defcheck+AAD in case of AI perks.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    GA4 has evades on itself.
    as said the coffe cans dont have defensive skill check

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Breaks stop being lazy and meep this thread to stickies please.
    I actually hadn't read this until just now. I was on vacation and pissy about the HUD3 research and annoyed that Tobo found the forums and assumed this was just another one of the self proclaimed thousands of threads on the topic, as opposed to...well...

Pom, that's a really amazing post, or several posts really. My head hurts trying to think about it all at once. I'll sit down tomorrow and look over your math and test some stuff myself.

It may not be exact, but it's closer than any theory I've ever seen before. Amazing work.

Pom, i'm a bit confused by how precisely you claim to be able to predict the AR/evades of the experimentee..
    as an example let's say you have a hit chance of 25%, so every 4th swing would hit;
    in your experiments that's precisely what happens: you swing 20 times and hit 5 times...

now where's the randomness in all that and the usual occurence of streaks, meaning sometimes you miss
    all hits in one round and hit all of them in the next?

how do u calc someone's ar if u know your evades and aad?

interesting read
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

To Pomidor .. if u think ur theory is right i will ask u some simple questions based on game experience. Why does a MA with 3k AR perking (with all perks not only AI ones) a 220 fixer when the MA is popping the omnis opi SB (+800AAO).
    Why does a MR user with 2800 AR land SL perks on a MA with 900 Add all def and 2300 evades when the MA has Limber+ CiB up. Meaning 2500 evades (2300 self + 200 limber) and 1900 AAD (900 self and 1000 CiB).

Maybe you are right about landing normal hits, i didn't make calculation based on ur formula yet, but about landing perks it's another story.
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

thats just for landing normal hits everyone knows how perks land less there was something i missed in the lump of text

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast