Thread: Fixer 220 PvP Help

Fixer 220 PvP Help

Hello all,

I'm new to fixer pvp. Looking for some advice please:

• What perk setup is effective and how much AR do you need?
    • Is envy + onehander still the way to go?
    • Should I be using the research AAO/add dmg hud, a ql275 VE (9% and aimed shot buff) or a 13% alien scope (no aimed shot buff)?
    • What perks should I use?
    • CC or CSS (currently in CC other than OFAB chest/helm)?

Thanks
    Last edited by nat3s; Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:58:52.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to fixer pvp. Looking for some advice as to how to land kills. What perk setup is effective and how much AR do you need? I'm at 3180 AR selfed using OFAB/CC mix at present but it's just awful for landing stuff, I figure I can hit 3300 (3400 with 12m) but upgrading to alpha symbs and switching a few things around. For weaps im using Envy + Onehander.

Any tips re perk choice and gear greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Can't help you with perks if you don't let us in on what breed you are.

I don't know how you have trouble landing stuff with that AR, mine's slightly lower and I can perk everything except other fixers and evade profs that didn't pop their high evade/aad perks. As for landing kills that's always tricky because of low fullauto attack rating and unreliable onehander AS. Sometimes FA will miss, sometimes AS will hit for <1k, sometimes both will cap (although much rarer than you'd hope ) and you do 15-20k damage in an instant with just those two. Best way to land kills as a fixer is to be patient try again and again.

edit: didn't see your edit before posting, use a VE ideally because you'll really need the AS+crit buffs and the range buff for the onehander. Sometimes I swap to an offensive hud3 depending what I'm up against.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:04:02.

Thanks, I'm opifex currently.

Played a few BS last night, mainly crats, shades, enfos and engi. I land specials on enfos but they have such great absorbs and heals the fight lasts forever. Engis special blockers neuter my dps and their pets own me. Crats I can't land a thing on even when their def perk is down. I figured id need 3.5k+ AR before I felt effective.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

• What perk setup is effective and how much AR do you need?
    There's not really much variation in fixer perk setups, beyond what to do with the last couple in spatial vs. worm ice.
    • Is envy + onehander still the way to go?
    Til the end of days, apparently!
    • Should I be using the research AAO/add dmg hud, a ql275 VE (9% and aimed shot buff) or a 13% alien scope (no aimed shot buff)?
    The AAO/damage HUD is probably better on paper for onehander use in that that add damage will work against all opponents and the AAO will aid you in perking them. But for general use the range on the VE is valuable in a situation like BS and the crit does work against some professions. Alien scope is out of the question. With perception buffs you should be able to swap rather freely though, so just test them out and see what you like better.
    • CC or CSS (currently in CC other than OFAB chest/helm)?
    People have been debating that forever here. CC will help your AS damage, a little bit. CSS has inits and perception, which are nice but not really all that valuable in the end. I'd basically say that it's not worth changing if you've already got a set of AI armor.
    Played a few BS last night, mainly crats, shades, enfos and engi. I land specials on enfos but they have such great absorbs and heals the fight lasts forever. Engis special blockers neuter my dps and their pets own me. Crats I can't land a thing on even when their def perk is down. I figured id need 3.5k+ AR before I felt effective.
    As a general rule, always try to root/snare first and get evade debuff on the target before you start trying to kill them in earnest.

Crats: You can remove a crat's aura (410 AAD) for up to 20 seconds by using Program Override, and their pets are super-snarable (tm). I'd always suggest opening with area snare here. Their lowish HP, lack of healing, and mediocre damage with snared pets made these a relatively easy prey (a few years ago, anyway). I'm sure some of the better crats will put up a fight though!

Shades: Root/snare and try not to stand close for too long, although they shouldn't be perking you unless they mongo rage. Program Override wipes acro perks, always try to land it before unleashing anything.

Enfos: These are always long fights unless you win the lottery with good AS and FAs. Sometimes it's smart to save your stun for when they start unleashing since roots and snares may not land. Although next patch they are losing their crazy runspeed from rage and can only use it every 15s which should provide fixer a better chance to use speed/range against them.

Engineer: Against a competent engineer a fixer is almost powerless alone, it's possible to break through blockers but unlikely to do too much damage ultimately, and fixer perks aren't enough for their generally high HP. If you have a friend nearby in BS I'd say it's worth it to try the crat strategy for a while, snaring pets and keeping on the move but engy pets have snare resist and they can unroot them pretty easily since they have little else to cast. Definitely do not stand still next to their pets if you can help it.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Thanks, I'm opifex currently.

You should be able to perk crats with licc. As for engies and enfs both are doable but like I said it takes time, and enfs will often run away anyway. Fixer offense is very much overrated because of the odd times when both FA and AS cap, in reality it's a far cry from certain doom faceroll alphas like shades and enfs. The only thing you can do for better solo killing power is to go atrox because mongo rage never went out of fashion for obvious reasons. My suggestion however is to prioritize team play over soloing because fixers also have an amazing support toolset and work very well with literally any other profession.

Perks are for the most part obvious: smg mastery, acrobat, defensive stance, hit and run, cola, conc, dark kin. Only variations I've seen is fixers who don't have spatial displacement perked, I'm guessing they pick worm ICE instead but I personally much prefer the mobility SD provides. Tried ICE for a short while and dropped it quick, getting rooted got me killed a lot more often than getting trader drained. Plus great purge is very cool perk to use on teammates who don't have the luxury of high root/snare resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    As a general rule, always try to root/snare first and get evade debuff on the target before you start trying to kill them in earnest.
    Unless your target is running away I find it better to start with licc because it has a very short cooldown time. Even if it doesn't land and your opponent(s) start running you can immediately attempt to root or snare.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Mar 10th, 2015 at 17:51:52.

Roots don't seem to land much, the AoE snare is awesome on crat pets but doesn't hit players much. The single snare works great (not that I understand why as the def check looks harsher than the AoE snare).

Despite the def check on LICC being terrible on paper I find it lands within a few casts usually.

Are the def check stats on Auno bugged or does pvp just have a separate hidden nerf table similar to SL?

Oh and is 4k static defence ok (before limber)? I have around 2k def and 2k evades.
    Last edited by nat3s; Mar 10th, 2015 at 20:43:56.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Roots don't seem to land much, the AoE snare is awesome on crat pets but doesn't hit players much. The single snare works great (not that I understand why as the def check looks harsher than the AoE snare).
    Think you got it backwards, single snare has def check at 60% and aoe snare has 65%. For single snare purposes I prefer the sl one, despite it being bad on paper with it's 1s capped cast time and "low" duration (removable with 1 stim) the -2k debuff is much more noticeable than the rk snare. Just saying which one I think is better since you didn't specify which you're using.

Despite the def check on LICC being terrible on paper I find it lands within a few casts usually.
    Thankfully we can throw 4 of them in the same time one snare or root cooldown takes so the nr check isn't that noticeable yeah.

Are the def check stats on Auno bugged or does pvp just have a separate hidden nerf table similar to SL?
    If you're talking about the "level" part that only applies to npcs.

Oh and is 4k static defence ok (before limber)? I have around 2k def and 2k evades.
    Yep.

can't add much here other than that i would advise css over cc. i tried both for like a couple of months a year ago and you do feel the missing evades from cc, but you don't notice that much of a difference on the aimed shot. perk setups i have tried a few. i feel that deroots are really something, especially the last perk. you get rooted as a fixer you go splash. worthless for most duels tho. drain removers are gold, because most traders dont check if their drains are running, can act as a nice surprise. however they dont remove the drain proc, which mostly left me short for something valuable, don't remember what it was, but it annoyed the flying @#(*% out of me. other than that, there's not much you can think about. you can experiment with putting less into def line, because the most valuable stuff from that like is the crit resist which you dont have to perk it full to be effective. that's my 2c. but it really depends. i think fixers are good noob killers. pretty much every prof can turn the tables on us - if well played.

Interesting that now shade/enf/keeper/soldier has 30s of total immunity to CC (with MoR and "Release Me Now") and can instantly remove a root/snare, meanwhile crat still has to cast their best desnare at least twice to remove our AoE snare
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

See sig for guide

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    Interesting that now shade/enf/keeper/soldier has 30s of total immunity to CC (with MoR and "Release Me Now") and can instantly remove a root/snare, meanwhile crat still has to cast their best desnare at least twice to remove our AoE snare
    Logical way to balance roots and snares in AO: significantly lower their duration and increase chance to break on getting hit.

Funcom way to balance roots and snares in AO: add more immunities because nothing is more gratifying than having a root resisted/countered several times in a row and when it finally sticks it gets instantly removed with added immunity.

Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Logical way to balance roots and snares in AO: significantly lower their duration and increase chance to break on getting hit.

Funcom way to balance roots and snares in AO: add more immunities because nothing is more gratifying than having a root resisted/countered several times in a row and when it finally sticks it gets instantly removed with added immunity.

Hell yeah!
    Couldn't agree more.

I had the same endearing experience on doctor. Spamming dots with about a 10% land rate and when I finally get time to see how the new malp works (damage wise) between healing, I realize only 2 dots are up and there's only a couple seconds left on one of them so by the time malp launches it's like...meh, ok /give up on doc

Up to 3.2k AR now, char is largely finished.

Rolled a fix as I was led to believe they rocked in pvp but the craphander is so RNG and with a FA skill of 2340, I just don't really have an alpha.

My enf/crat are so much stronger.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

[QUOTE=nat3s;6207224]....Rolled a fix as I was led to believe they rocked in pvp but the craphander is so RNG ....

Using Yata and Scope?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Up to 3.2k AR now, char is largely finished.Rolled a fix as I was led to believe they rocked in pvp but the craphander is so RNG and with a FA skill of 2340, I just don't really have an alpha.My enf/crat are so much stronger.
    fixer alphas are largely dependent on you landing LICC and PO first. spam LICC til it lands, spam PO til it lands, get slugs up and pray the RNG gods are on your side. if not you can root/snare and leg it/meep to wait out cooldowns. the strength of a fixer lies in strong disengage and having basically infinite retries in ganking. you can spend days of bs rounds out of decon while collecting a sizeable kill count with clever use of stun perk roots snares and SD (or freak str if you prefer teamplay to solofarm). Edit: if you're 1v1 and feel like their alpha is slightly more than you can handle you can opt for long hot spam and sitting healdeta abuse instead of running. This is particularly effective if your alpha is about to be back up and their defenses are blown. Often surviving their last ditch alpha is better than trying to run away and probably getting killed in the process (think enfs and shades that just stacked their entire MR'd faceroll, and especially effective if you timed your deceptive stance right)
    Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    ....Rolled a fix as I was led to believe they rocked in pvp but the craphander is so RNG ....
    Using Yata and Scope?
    yata hasn't been relevant since LOX imo. better hud items are available that boost your alpha and are generally better for securing kills than a bit more range on craphander.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 27th, 2015 at 16:48:02.

This makrs me wannna play my opi.

To baf im stuck at work.

That being said.... Sucker for thinking You go 0 to 220 and think You will be god of pvp. Fixer takes time to play properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch