Thread: "out of range"

"out of range"

not going to rewrite the whole post, so please look at the MA forums:
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=500109

this has been a problem for so long that I've given up caring
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling
    To be totally honest, I have no idea. They appeared one day, and I'm as curious (and ignorant) as the next guy about what they were meant for.

I agree with the poster that it's probably something that was too unbalanced. That sounds like something we'd do.

This has made me think recently, do weapon range mod's like on Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer increase the range on swords?

Yeah they do. but 37% (or whatever you get) on 3m is never going to be very much.

It does but even with a range setup (+100%~) you'll get like 8m.

Edit: Kleever was faster than me. I'd like to add that brawl (3m), dimach (6m) and perks have their own range. Perks aren't affected by range.
    Last edited by NoGoal; Jul 11th, 2007 at 10:56:28.
    blah

I'm also pretty sure it doesn't effect perk/special range But I might be wrong..

*Edit: The insight in this post was nerfed by NoGoal. Don't edit posts above people :P
    Last edited by Kleever; Jul 17th, 2007 at 04:21:41.

it doesn't matter if it effects the melee weapons range or not, it's a bug ingame that prevents us from using our weapons/specials/perks because it thinks we're 'out of range' even when we're not.

and here's a thought, wth do we have to sacrifice our setups to compensate for game bugs ??

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Maybe the new hardware FC is installing will help with some of the server sync issues . . . . MAYBE . . . .

A fellow melee player a while back at a TL5 AI raid commented that I should use "/follow" to combat the "out of range" bug. It seemed to work for me. I even added it to my raid bar for a while:

Assist macro -> Follow macro -> Attack -> Alpha
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Quote Originally Posted by IT_Ninja View Post
    A fellow melee player a while back at a TL5 AI raid commented that I should use "/follow" to combat the "out of range" bug. It seemed to work for me.
    so it *might* work once in a while on slow RS toons... but c'mon @ 220 ???
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

It does help for PvM. I use it a lot when I kill ado hecks. It's not that useful in PvP. /follow isn't working well and your target gain range.
    blah

I'm never taking /follow out of my hotbar. I would even put it there before /assist.

But as nogoal said it's useless in pvp. You gotta run diagonal to catch anyone :P

I use /assist combined with /follow all the time in PvM and in raids, but have found very little help from it on BS due to the high runspeed people have...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'm also pretty sure /follow is handled client side. So I can't see how it would effect the out-of-range bug.

it if is client side, then it should be moved to server side, it'll improve it's accuracy when following someone that runs not in a straight line (or a drunken person )

and in any case, there's a slowdown effect that was added a few patches back that F's you up whenever you're 'nearly' at /follow range (when you should come to a stop)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser

Quote Originally Posted by Kleever View Post
    I'm also pretty sure /follow is handled client side. So I can't see how it would effect the out-of-range bug.
    It's server side or it wouldn't help against bugged mobs. And thus it doesn't have the out-of-range bug.

The issue with follow is when your target is kiting. Follow will always take the straightest line which isn't the best way to catch him up.
    blah

This is the only reason I lose duels to ranged ppl because the freaking out of range !!!!
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    It's server side or it wouldn't help against bugged mobs. And thus it doesn't have the out-of-range bug.
    Rather certain it's not server side. An easy example to demonstrate:
    let's say we're chasing someone running in a straight line. We see them stop
    on our client, so our /follow has us stop (but we're not in range). A second later, we
    see our target a long ways off because our target never actually stopped running,
    then /follow has us running again.

If it were server side, we wouldn't have stopped even though our client displayed the target stopped.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.