Thread: Ado symb quest - abuse of stray dogs

Ado symb quest - abuse of stray dogs

This has happened three times now, at different NPCs in the quest, some miles from the stray dog spawn, which is past coincidence, imo.

Basically, due to the nature of the quest (having to kill mobs, lots of competition, people getting bored / selfish wanting to do it asap), and the fact that a load of 220's are doing it, people are training the stray dog spawn to the NPC, wiping it to generate the adds and then leaving them at the NPCs.

Of course, if you're level 220, you won't get aggro from them, leaving you free to continue talking to the NPC / getting the missions. However, for the level ranges intended, this is both deadly & prevents you doing the quest.

Can I suggest the stray dog spawns have leashes please? (I know this is probably a one off case of abuse by one person, but making them less deadly all around would be a great thing, imo )
    Last edited by Pip; Jun 23rd, 2007 at 20:50:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Basically, due to the nature of the quest (having to kill mobs, lots of competition, people getting bored / selfish wanting to do it asap), and the fact that a load of 220's are doing it, people are training the stray dog spawn to the NPC, wiping it to generate the adds and then leaving them at the NPCs.

Of course, if you're level 220, you won't get aggro from them, leaving you free to continue talking to the NPC / getting the missions.
    If you're trying to impy that's it 220's that are doing it, petition for harrasment. Like you said, Stray dogs don't agro them, so pull to NPC can only be on purpose (intentional training).

Unfortunatly, too many players simply think training isn't anything special and resort to this "tactics" over and over again. Just look at high lvl RK zones...half of dynas are missing (not in their spawn places).

Unfortunatly, there's another issue here. Lone sharks. Those do agro even 220s and players kill them. Ofc they spawn two adds, neither of them being named Lone Shark. Good luck completing that quest. And in this case, I can vouch for a lvl 216 char draging Shark next to garden statue and killing spawns till there was 12-16 adds (at which point he died). As for intention...I kept calming them, be he continuisly broke calms.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Sadly, the patch "stop others being idiots" has been delayed.
    Sorry for your pain man.
    There are just some guys who get kicks from being as big a prat as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Sorry for your pain man.
    I laughed so hard at that, can I put this in my sig for a bit?
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

cant believe some actually do this kinda of moron thin to harrass people or for kicks.

that is like high skool jerks/bullies
    li·bi·do (lĭ-bē'dō, -bī'-) n. pl. li·bi·dos ♀+♂= hm♪hm♪♥Yes!
    The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
    Sexual desire. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
    [Origin: 1890–95; < L libīdō desire, willfulness, lust, akin to libēre to be pleasing]
    WolfHound W.H.O
    [
    [DoctorWhite]: Between 1b and real life friends which will you chose ? (Eyei, Whitesnipe)
    The story bout RL friend choosing 1b over friends
    Dr. White <----- May Money Be Your Only Friend and Comfort
    Stat-buffing implant ql250.Blitzin service, QL200 Grafts and stuff
    Libidowolf's Trip to find Felonwolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Sorry for your pain man.
    unlikely a "patch to stop others being idiots" could ever be released , just like the effort to make something "Foolproof" the developers can never get a solid idea of the capabilities of "Idiots" & "Fools".

History shows that we as a race consider "impossible" as a swear word, so "Idiotproof" or "Foolproof" will always attract "Idiots" & "Fools" eager to disprove it
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

I've helped out a few mates with killing stuff on this quest line.
    Can I please ask that people doing these quests clean up after themselves too.

Some of the mobs spawn a bunch of adds, if you're a high level toon they wont agg you, so please take a moment to dispose of them giving the next crew to run by a clean shot.
    It doesn't take long, and it's not asking much to be mindful of our fellows in game.

bumping posts are against the rules on the update forums and you revived a nearly 2 week old post from it -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze View Post
    bumping posts are against the rules on the update forums

OK - more info commin then
    I helped some friends do the quest last night and we got to the part where we should kill the blob's and zoned from clan garden to Lagoon.

A 220 solja was there ... with both the Lone Shark's adds and the Parasite boss spawned. We moved further back for 2 reasons ... 1. We didn't want agg from Shark or Parasite ;p - and 2. He was there first.

I don't know if he trained a shark closer to us on porpuse (Spelling) or not so but we ended up getting agg and he ran back to the Blob's .....

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze
    and you revived a nearly 2 week old post from it -.-
    1. I'm not a big forum troll so yea I might reply to old threads sometimes
    2. I reply'd on this 2 week old post cauce its still a problem IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Stineline View Post
    2. I reply'd on this 2 week old post cause its still a problem IMO
    Helped out another old friend, and made a new one, on this quest last night.
    And you are right...some people are still going out of their way to be as unpleasant as possible.

However, there are also a lot of new-to-ado level players trying to do this quest solo, which imho is gonna be a tough ask.
    They are legitimately going to get agg from some mobs, and may be unaware of just what happens after you spank the 1st stray dog...
    I dont think everything can be attributed to player-nastiness.
    Sometimes, bad things just happen to good people too

And now for a feel-happy-moment...

Yesterday. I watched a Keeper kite a mob around, and he did a great job, so I moved well back and let him have at it.
    Occasionally, it would come within range and agg me...so I sat there and let it, as my HD was more than enough and it gave him time to heal up a little.
    No attempt was made to KS by myself.
    He got his update, I waited 2 minutes and then pwnt the next pop, everyone profits.

I dont mean to sound all carebear about this, but it's not hard to be if not considerate, then at least civil.