Thread: Relativity and you

Arrow Relativity and you

This is an issue concerning the relative strength of armor and evades vs. high lvl mobs.

I blitz ql 239 missions quite often and have 1078 melee evade and 986 dodge ranged and 978 duck. I use 2 parry sticks, ql 200 and 173. My buffed ac is 5200.

I regularly get hit by aces and real means for 600 - 1100 normal damage and 1700 - 2200 crits (although they rarely rarely crit on me) at full defense. My question is, if the formula is that for every 1000 ac you take 100 less damage, a ql 230 set of armor is hardly going to make you take less damage than a ql 200 set, unless it has some sort of built in absorb shield.

The relativity factor really comes into play the higher you level. Once we can start leveling past lvl 200 and use high lvl Jobe implants or regular implants, even ql 300 armor isn't going to be as uber as most would think. If you had 8k ac it would only make you take 300 less damage than 5k ac.

Maybe I'm wrong on the formula that's used in calculating the damage you take but you have to admit that relativity does play a factor here.

Also, evades do help in avoiding being critted on, but it has to be so fricking high in order for high lvl mobs to miss you on a regular basis, you'd have to have like over 2k evades to really make a difference on mobs lvl 240+.

I'd like you're thoughts. If I'm completely off please let me know. I'm just telling you what I think based on what I think I know (which could be nothing ).

I think the real problem is very high minimum damage on mobs. With 5K AC's (which i have) you'd think a level 1 leat wouldn't be able to hurt me (I know its pathetic they can hit me, ran out of IP's for evades). With minimum damage the way it is now if there were tanks in AO we'd all be able to kill them with a rusty knife and some patience.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

But...you CAN kill a tank with a rusty knife and some pateince(ok a LOT of patience)

when will we be able to level past 200?

ACs don't even do 1 damage per 10 ACs
    u get roughly 75% of what u should
    ie: 10k ACs should block 1000 damage, but would actually do bout 750
    this is rather sketchy
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death