Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: making easy money as a new froob player (guide)

MOST of my implants were rolled by me, 30k worth of mish pulling is cheaper than paying 500k for a QL200 imp and then searching/ buying clusters.

Rolling ql 100+ missions for battlesuits (omni pol version and the red one (name?) are best) to sell in trader shops is a pretty easy way to get money NOW. One day of that should get you enough money to get your first yalm or a new set of implants for the lvl 100-150+ gap. Best thing about that, you don't need to wait for a player to want to buy your 'phatz' sure 500k for a pistol is nice... once it sells.
    Last edited by Copperneedle; Nov 19th, 2007 at 20:27:31.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    I've been told that ppl sometimes sell 50k ammo stacks and/or backpacks at certain places (near Jobe wompa, in city centers and near BattleStation beacons etc). There's a program named click.exe or something that might be worth looking into for that task. I believe crats use it to create stacks of crit coffee. (Any1 got link and progs for that app?)
    This third party application will be made obsolete soon. See preliminary 17.7 patch notes sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    This third party application will be made obsolete soon. See preliminary 17.7 patch notes sticky.
    Yep, buying ammo is now finally less stressfull for our alraidy strained wrists...
    The appclication (click.exe) will still have a limited function though:
    It is still needed for creating stacks of Crat Crit coffee and Extruder bars.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

bump
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    bump
    Why are you bumping a sticky ?
    Member of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Presentation Video divx | youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )

wasn't a sticky back when I started subscribing to it - didn't notice it...

Yup, silly me for trying to get ppl to notice a very nice thread with useful info.

Silly, silly me...

Missions is not only the blitzing chests.. try blitz team missions for bosses!

At ql 60 missions you can blitz bosses for Grid Armor MK I.. drops more often than GA IV ofc..

Blitzing ql 200+ misses bring you some nice items also.. like NCU memories, advanced surgery clinics, OT Gunship ql 150-200 (loot right for 1b+ creds), xp rings etc..

ALWAYS set you mission as HIDDEN.. and rise B&E.. will give more nice items at chests.. and if you pull a team mission try get 6 ppl in team.. this will give more items to boss loot..

Another loot of bosses - Controller Recomplier Unit.. make a bag and sell for some high level AI farmers.. (not sure about prices.. didn't buying/selling for a long time)

And ofc there is more high priced nanos drops of em.. like Nullty Sphere or Art of peace..

Don't forget to have 4-5 backpacks empty.. loot random stuff drops around of mobs and bosses then sell this junk to shop terminals..

Another way to make money at any level is making Basic clothes.. every piece of that goes 1-2m and it's really easy quest :P

If you are Engi below lvl 110 and able to warp.. do warps to the Crypt of Home and get tips

Buffing other people with wrangles / mochams for Traders and MPs also works with some tips..

Also there is alot stuff to TradeSkill.. imps / armors / buff items works good..

You NT? go kite PW borgs and sell armor and rings..

You are fixer? and have GA IV, awesome.. farm mantis queen and sell eggs.. (much better if you sell completed eggs or all items for that)

P.S. if something were sad before then bump!
    Last edited by Submateria; Aug 5th, 2008 at 11:07:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Submateria View Post
    Missions is not only the blitzing chests.. try blitz team missions for bosses!

At ql 60 missions you can blitz bosses for Grid Armor MK I.. drops more often than GA IV ofc..

Blitzing ql 200+ misses bring you some nice items also.. like NCU memories, advanced surgery clinics, OT Gunship ql 150-200 (loot right for 1b+ creds), xp rings etc..

ALWAYS set you mission as HIDDEN.. and rise B&E.. will give more nice items at chests.. and if you pull a team mission try get 6 ppl in team.. this will give more items to boss loot..

Another loot of bosses - Controller Recomplier Unit.. make a bag and sell for some high level AI farmers.. (not sure about prices.. didn't buying/selling for a long time)

And ofc there is more high priced nanos drops of em.. like Nullty Sphere or Art of peace..

Don't forget to have 4-5 backpacks empty.. loot random stuff drops around of mobs and bosses then sell this junk to shop terminals..

Another way to make money at any level is making Basic clothes.. every piece of that goes 1-2m and it's really easy quest :P

If you are Engi below lvl 110 and able to warp.. do warps to the Crypt of Home and get tips

Buffing other people with wrangles / mochams for Traders and MPs also works with some tips..

Also there is alot stuff to TradeSkill.. imps / armors / buff items works good..

You NT? go kite PW borgs and sell armor and rings..

You are fixer? and have GA IV, awesome.. farm mantis queen and sell eggs.. (much better if you sell completed eggs or all items for that)

P.S. if something were sad before then bump!
    i appreciate your suggestions, but this guide was not meant for someone who is able to do QL60+ stuff, it was intended for players completely new to the game, so alot of what you suggest, is not feasible for them at that point.

Here's another couple of handy tips for making money off of missions as a lowbie n00b. These are based on personal observation, rather than any thorough study, so I might actually be wrong. Nonetheless, this is how it seems to work:

1) Find Item missions pay more than Rescue/Repair missions, all else being equal. I haven't paid strict attention to this throughout my missioning career, but I started noticing it a few levels ago. Find Item missions pay 3 or 4 times as much money as Rescue/Repair missions in the same zone.

2) A mission in a zone that's far away will generally give you a bigger reward than the same mission in a nearby zone. I noticed this early on. I would roll missions on the Old Athen mission terminal, and try to get them inside Old Athen, because it wasn't very far to run. Then one day I used the Bliss terminal (which is one Whompa-hop away from Old Athen) to roll missions, got one in Old Athen, and notice that they were paying substantially more credits for mission completion. Then I hopped to Avalon, which is even farther from Old Athen, and rolled Old Athen missions on the terminals there, and they paid even more money than the missions from the Bliss terminals.

So when you roll missions, try to get far away from where you actually want to run the missions, and roll the missions there. Grab two or three at a time, then take the whompas back to where the missions are. It's a little extra time, but it can result in a lot more money.

The problem I have with this guide is that it requires you to be reliant on other players to buy what you have blitzed for the higher credit values. So I am going to add my own little version. Take it or leave it.

With the excellent froob offers today it is not an issue to start a froob account and level a trader to level 25. It is free to have the second account so why not.

It is important to note that the trader needs to be on the froob account to make your life easy later.

Get the trader to 25 and park him in the shop where the trader shop machine is. Max its CL and Pharm tech and go play your main toon. Pharm tech on a 25 trader will be 150ish with buffs. Enough to do up to about ql50 monster parts into blood plasma.

Now your paid account toon needs to go to SL. Statics are your friend. The first static you can do at low levels in by the spirits in jobe research. This is a good one. You get nice level spindles/coils that save you money and you get pearls and amber. Fill up several back packs of stuff and go to your trader. Transfer and have him sell it. Transfer back and repeat till you are leveling out of that static. I suggest you hunt it till you have a fair amount of spindles and coils and that will save you a good amount of credits.

Note here that a good loot farmer will have 4 to 6 loot backpacks in there inventory. Buy small packpacks and save some money as they all hold the same amount.

Go level till you can do the crippler cave static. This static is were you will start making great credits. Load up the back packs and head to the trader. The 175% sell price the trader gets will really help rack it up fast.

Following this simple method you will be free from selling to other players. You will make a nice amount of cash while leveling. Your newcomer armor and weapon will get you thru the first static by the spirits. That should get you enough credits to get going.

Now keep this up for the rest of your toons life.

Some special notes:

If after coming off newbie island and you are really hurting for credits and you are a paid account. You could go to the SL back yard and kill level 1 spiders. Why? they drop level 1 pearls which sell for 1634 credits to the vendor in the jobe backyard. If you are a froob then go to the old RK back yards and farm leets. the "take me to the shop" sells for 160 (clan) or 200 (omni) credits each. And you can farm a backpack full in 15 to 20 minutes at zero risk to you.

I mentioned monster parts to blood plasma earlier and if you are going to just have a trader for selling to the shop it is a good use of all those IP to have pharm tech raised. It is not huge credits but it is better than none. Having enough Pharm Tech for Ql80ish monster parts would be best. Nasc Heckler grind gives you access to a large amout of parts. And at 8k a pop in the trader store and a 60%+ drop rate it can be a decent amount of credits.

One of the driving factors to write this post is that the good suggestions in the OP have flooded the market with more than enough of these valuable items to make this more time consuming than it is worth.

The advantage of my method is it works all the way to 220. That trader will always get 175% value for every item it sells. Statics in SL have good drop rates on amber and pearls are hit or miss. But by ely a back pack of pearls and amber is over 1mil credits. By Pen you will see 3 to 6 mil for a backpack of static loot.

At some point you will start your token board grind. Having the trader to sell all that loot just makes life better. And thanks to the grind that is token farming you will have lots to sell.

So there it is. How to survive and make credits without relying on other players to buy your stuff. Have fun and enjoy the game.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I find "playing" the market to be very fun.
    Without other players I might just stick to Sudoku or Solitaire...

...I do see your point, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12