Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground attack yalms

Ground attack yalms

I was thinking that it would be cool if ground attack yalms like the Manta were switched up to be relevant. How I think this could be done:

1) When you equip one, your HP goes up, you're more effective at attacking vehicles, and you and infantry can't fight each other well - just like when you mech up.

2) Have the weapons on it work like mech weapons, perhaps with the exclusion of fling shot. Maybe keep the heavy weapons req so not everyone and their brother gets one, though.

3) Remove vehicle skills to use - if Joe Shmo can hop into an assault mech anytime he fancies, I don't think him being able to hop in a car with a gun stapled to it would be hard. I'm not saying remove vehicle air and ground for non-combat transportation, though.

3) Reduce the amount of credits they cost.

4) Allow the option of buying them with VPs.

5) If possible, make it impossible to equip during the vehicle cool down period, so jerks can't hop out of their mechs/turrets then equip a Manta right after.

Why? I've always liked the idea of the ground attack yalms, but their implentation has been silly and completely useless. Now that LE has given the game combat vehicle mechanics, I don't see any reason why these vehicles can't get some love. It fills the slot of a credit sink a lot people have been begging for (albeit only once), will add a little ****e to the vehicles you see in combat, and also will add an amazing amount of variety to the vehicles you see people rolling around in once those jetbikes and airboards come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

i know this is not contructive but if it's a ground vehicle you cant call it a yalm

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=203834

I was under the impression for some reason that Manta's carried the Yalmaha brand name, but I could very well be wrong.

lets get the Carrier Craft back!.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    Ohhhhhhh so you mean like a mech?
    Like making Manta ground attack craft that they've had in the game for years already work like a mech. I thought I was very clear about it.

While it's not a must-have thing, it gives some utility to an item that never caught on and gives some variety to what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Like making Manta ground attack craft that they've had in the game for years already work like a mech. I thought I was very clear about it.

While it's not a must-have thing, it gives some utility to an item that never caught on and gives some variety to what you see.
    touche.

i like variety, so bump for that. Also since it takes the same damage as a person, maybe it could be a more viable anti personell vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    Also since it takes the same damage as a person, maybe it could be a more viable anti personell vehicle
    I was thinking making it take damage like a mech and be effective against other mechs, because I guess I don't have that much imagination. But an anti-infantry vehicle is a splendid idea, and would work well given a manta's size.

Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Pawsofury - 220/70/16 Adv
    Dont suffer from insanity..enjoy it

1 out of 4 people in this country are mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem ok, Then your the one.

Ek praat nie Latin nie, net Afrikaanse.

holy ****! I know that User Change Shape 204170 Will certainly make you uber!
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Not about changing shape, and not about trying to be uber and OD mechs with your 11 billion credit ground vehicle. It's about proper implentation of a basically good idea and adding some variety to the vehicles people use.

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

1 out of 4 people in this country are mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem ok, Then your the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meloniez View Post
    Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.
    Then why keep posting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum

Also, did you know that in Latin, you don't need to order the words in any particular fashion? So switching up word order would have made it more difficult to find out your functional knowledge of a dead language comes from http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/arch/omnibus.html.
    Last edited by Berinda; Aug 9th, 2007 at 08:08:35.

lol says the one who couldnt even spell it right till i corrected your not even true latin..rofl

Quote: Non illegitami carborundum

at least u fixed it..

I was writing it from memory. And really, it's not real Latin, and I knew it wasn't real Latin from the get-go. Who cares? Your subtle and oh-so-smooth attempt to make me feel stupid and talk down to me like you like to do gets a /fail.

nothing sutble about it, the thread merits the worthless post, and your attempt at sounding smart by quoting a misbegotten obscure made up language also /fails

LERROY JENNNNNKINS!!!!!
    Last edited by Meloniez; Aug 9th, 2007 at 08:39:51.

Well, I liked the phrase non illegitimi carborundum. It's silly. It's also something I like to keep in mind when dealing with people like you.

Also, about this 220 advy you've gotten yourself on RK1. Is this another one of your toons you midlessly power-levelled to the endgame and know nothing about, or did you put forth effort this time?

go bump the rk1 vs rk2 thread and ill be happy to show u, or for that matter i can log my strippped powerleved nt and show you how clueless i am

I won't bump the thread because I don't really care enough about you to research things about you in order to annoy you. Obviously you don't feel the same way about me. I'm sort of flattered.

So now it comes down to it. I've won the verbal part of the argument, and with you at a loss for words, you challenge me to PvP. Maybe I'd lose if I took you up on your offer; maybe I wouldn't. But how good someone's cartoon character is in a videogame doesn't really reflect on their content of actual character. And I've had more than enough interaction with you to determine that your character doesn't have much content.

This is also a silly argument to be having since it, superficially at least, seems to be about your annoyance that I misspelled some fictional words in my signature and that you don't like the idea of a viable ground attack vehicle. So, I'm guessing it's purely about the fact that you don't like me. If you want to argue some more, send me a PM. There's no real need to derail this thread further, and I'm sure whatever you have to say will be just as inane in private communication as it is public communication.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast