Thread: IRRK: Omni-Med raids Reet Pie factory

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Omni-Med raids Reet Pie factory

Omni-Med raids Reet Pie factory
    June 20, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - Early this morning it was confirmed that Omni-Med forces and health inspectors, supported by several Omni-Pol teams, commenced a raid against a Reet pie factory, following a lead claiming that the Reet pies did not contain any Reet meat at all. What was to be a simple inspection quickly turned into a fire fight, of sorts.

Omni-Med issued a statement, where they informed the press that raid had taken place. The reason for the raid is what they call a public health care service, as there have been several reports of people becoming sick of the Reet pies produced in the factory.

We had reason to believe that the factory we raided this morning did not follow standard food goods rules. Early tests has shown us that the Reet pies contains traces of addictive drugs, illegal chemicals and most of all, not a trace of Reet meat at all.” Said one of the health inspectors of Omni-Med.

When questioned about the rumoured fire fight, one of the Omni-Med officers, part of Rita Prestin’s Omni-Med Quick Response Corps, had the following statement.

You could hardly call it a fire fight, more like a food fight. The factory workers and the thugs protecting it began to attack us with Reet pies. Especially one large Atrox in a mini-skirt had a good aim. The Atrox struck one of the Omni-Pol soldiers directly in the face with a pie, causing the soldier to fall on his rear discharging his weapon into the air. That is about the only weapon which went off. The press always seem to think that we, guards and soldiers, do nothing but shoot at anything that moves.

When asked who or what had caused Omni-Med to launch a raid, we were told that it was confidential. But we did manage to get the figures from this raid. 31 factory workers were arrested and one Omni-Pol soldier was wounded.

One would think that in these days Omni-Med would have something better to do then investigating Reet pies, would they not?

A crime against pie is a crime against all.
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    One would think that in these days Omni-Med would have something better to do then investigating Reet pies, would they not?
    Like figuring out what happened and is wrong with Phillip Ross? Oh wait. I guess we all have forgotten about that mess now haven't we. Now that the new big boss is here a la 'corporate coop.

I will miss my reet pies *sighs* But I miss Ross more, though. *nods*
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

*shakes head*
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ok, so if the pies did not contain any Reet meat, just what exactly -did- they contain (aside from the aforementioned additives)?

[size=4]One would think that in these days Omni-Med would have something better to do then investigating Reet pies, would they not?
    One would think nowadays IRRK would have something more interesting to report than a cafeteria food fight.

This isn't news...

The press always seem to think that we, guards and soldiers, do nothing but shoot at anything that moves.
    actually not only the press and that's actually about all you do too
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Jun 21st, 2007 at 12:38:17.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    actually not only the press and that's actually about all you do too
    I don't think there is anything to fear when Omni Pol shoot at you, in fact I'm sure you're at the safest place when it happen. So I do'nt see a problem.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

What was the nature of the single "injury?" Did the Omlette who fell break his ass or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

causing the soldier to fall on his rear discharging his weapon into the air. That is about the only weapon which went off.
    Yeah, well.. OP isn't widely known for their well-maintained weapons so it's not surprising only one worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    I don't think there is anything to fear when Omni Pol shoot at you, in fact I'm sure you're at the safest place when it happen. So I do'nt see a problem.
    Yeah, the safest place is always in front of an OP gun, that's for sure.
    But be careful he don't have someone from OT-AF along to babysit him. The result will likely be different then.
    Well, I'd guess there's a company picnic in the offing?

So, reet pie shortage, eh? Good thing I bought enough to last for a while, then.
    Ï'll as always help out my fellow 'Clan 'Trox brethren when I can.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I cannot, CAN NOT, help but laugh at the image of an atrox in miniskirt hitting an Omni soldier with a pie.

This is sad...

Report says what prelimenary tests showed, but not was found at actuall inspection. Oh, sorry, I meant raid. You don't bring police squad alongside for inspection.

It's also interesting how whole affair ended. 31 factory workers arrested....kinda missing whoever run the place on that list. But I guess OT doesn't arrest top brass. And yes, it surely was OT factory, since both clans and neutrals would actually have armed guards and both can afford firearms.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

If a reet pie doesn't have even a touch of reet meat, what good is it?

I can't believe an Atrox factory worker would wear a miniskirt to the workplace. It really makes my eyes roll.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrenta View Post
    I can't believe an Atrox factory worker would wear a miniskirt to the workplace. It really makes my eyes roll.
    Well, I can understand that you'd like to see it - us 'Troxes look hawt in miniskirts or thongs, after all.

But wearing one to work.. sounds like he was trying to lure out some harassing perv.
    I mean, we're so close to irresistable as to make no difference, so it's a shoo-in that it'd work - and an irate 'Trox can teach quite a lesson to such a creep. He'd not annoy any more ladies for a long while.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams