Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nano Crystal (Servants Protection)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Can't believe I missed this thead.
    Been in my sigi almost since I made it, don't see how you could of
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Bump
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Bump for the original.

Think of a lowbie eng with a level 200 bot standing in front of a big bad meany safe from harm. I don't think its right for lvl 60 engineer's to solo an ely heck for example with practically no risk. Think of crat charm pets, some can have several hundred thousand hp. A small force gets to beast wipes on the adds or something but a lone crat survives. He could probably finish killing the beast solo with charmed blue's and cc the others in the corner. A crat could stand in front of lotv, anansi's l/r hand, zods, etc. and practically afk kill them. Those things are doable now, but only with a lot of concentration/planning/effort.

I've always held the opinion that pets don't hold great agg for balance reasons, to prevent stuff like the above and more. So I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Think of a lowbie eng with a level 200 bot standing in front of a big bad meany safe from harm. I don't think its right for lvl 60 engineer's to solo an ely heck for example with practically no risk.
    If a level 60 Engineer can get a 200 bot they can solo ely hecks with or without this nano.

Crats I can see your point. They seem to be the odd one out in terms of pet users thanks to charms having better agg control. MPs and Engi's (at least in my experiences playing them) have more difficulty with their pets holding agg.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Think of a lowbie eng with a level 200 bot standing in front of a big bad meany safe from harm. I don't think its right for lvl 60 engineer's to solo an ely heck for example with practically no risk. Think of crat charm pets, some can have several hundred thousand hp. A small force gets to beast wipes on the adds or something but a lone crat survives. He could probably finish killing the beast solo with charmed blue's and cc the others in the corner. A crat could stand in front of lotv, anansi's l/r hand, zods, etc. and practically afk kill them. Those things are doable now, but only with a lot of concentration/planning/effort.

I've always held the opinion that pets don't hold great agg for balance reasons, to prevent stuff like the above and more. So I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
    Great points, totally agree. Ayria's idea isn't well thought through.

I am surprised more agents are not bumping this.

Reliable self cast meat shield? Yes please!
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBrown View Post
    Great points, totally agree. Ayria's idea isn't well thought through.
    You liked it enough to plagiarize it.

And if you knew anything about pet profs you'd know his points aren't that great.

1) A level 60 engineer with level 200 bot. That is really hard to do and that means they're all into MC/TS, NOT BM/PM which this nano requires.

1a) An engineer with a level 200 bot will be able to solo ely hecks regardless of this nano as ely hecks are no match for a level 200 bot

2) Crat charms will barely be affected by this as they already hold agg waaay better then any other form of pet.

Small force dies and crat lives to finish off Beast? Seriously? What, I guess if he has like less then half a bubble left but any decent amount of HP and the Beast > any charmed pet you can ever have.

Remember this key point: all taunt generated by the pet is shared with it's master. I don't know the ratio if it's 50/50 or not but pets taunt is shared. Standing in front of LoTV or Anansi etc and "practically afk kill them"? No.

The extra taunt generated by this nano would just mean more shared with you and the boss would still attack and wtfpwn your noob afk ass.

The only real place this nano has any use is if the master is not in line of sight, that means while soloing you still hide around a corner or manage argo as per usual but in a team your pet can actually tank instead of your level 200(+) pet losing agg cause a level 150 walked into the room.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Do engy players still use trimmers? I found them rather effective but then again, I didn't get too far, levelling pet professions I feel is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    bump. i can stand at the edge of pet range (right before they start yellin there gona stop fighting less u move closer) while my pet deals 1000s of damage every hit and i do nothing and who does the monster go after? me, and they go after me till i kill them or they kill me. pets ability to hold argo is pitiful; may as well give us a cute butterfly for all the good they do
    Docs got the same thing in pvp (and in pvm too, they get hunted down by some mobs).

Stop peeking at your balls, perv.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshiye View Post
    Do engy players still use trimmers? I found them rather effective but then again, I didn't get too far, levelling pet professions I feel is boring.
    Of course. Trimmers make a massive difference to the effectiveness of a pet.

However, I do feel the reqs might be a little low. Maybe 1k BM and PM?

Bump for this, while it uses horrid BM skill for us Engis, it looks like a nice nano, and would be worth me using more IP. =)
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Bumporz
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Uhm, I'd rather have the ability for me to hold agg over my pet, so pet -taunt. My MP almost has 4k def, and 43% reflects (with zset and graft), while my pet has no def at all. I can tank much much better than my weak squishy pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzarin View Post
    Uhm, I'd rather have the ability for me to hold agg over my pet, so pet -taunt. My MP almost has 4k def, and 43% reflects (with zset and graft), while my pet has no def at all. I can tank much much better than my weak squishy pet.
    Speak for yourself, there's 2 other pet classes.

To please all three, perhaps some actual working taunt buffs/procs for the pets so the user has the option of which pet does the tanking, or none at all.

This of course requires the ability to kill nanos that are running on the pets.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123